Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elijah Sindelar (Caldwell County) commits to Purdue
Caldwell County junior quarterback Elijah Sindelar has committed to play his college football at Purdue. Caldwell coach David Barnes confirmed that news Tuesday afternoon.

Sindelar picked Purdue over Kentucky and Ole Miss. Along with his football decision, Purdue's engineering program was a big reason for Sindelar choosing the Boilermakers.

While there are still 51 weeks until Sindelar can officially sign with Purdue, and plenty of time for other schools to continue to recruit him, Barnes believes the process is over for Sindelar -- saying he's "firmly committed to Purdue."

Sindelar threw for more than 3,300 yards and 44 touchdowns last season for the Tigers. Caldwell County was #1 in the state all season, before losing their first game of the year in the KHSAA Class 2A region final.
Congratulations and good luck to him!
Dangit I was hoping it was Kentucky....congratulations to Sindelar...:theman:
Good luck to the kid! Purdue DOES have an excellent engineering program and I hope things continue to work out for him.
While I was hoping he would choose UK, I am glad that he choose Purdue for the right reasons.
Great move if the commitment remains. Engineering and Purdue are like the color blue to UK. I spent many a summer just up the road in Monticello on Lake Freeman growing up in Boilermaker country.

Congrats young man and continued success. Now you get to focus on what's important your senior year without distractions…..I know, I know, but it sounded good for a few seconds!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
congrats !
The kid is a big time talent. No way he should have chosen UK. It's still early, my prediction, once the big schools come in, he dumps Purdue lol. He won't need that degree for the NFL. I'm guessing he ends up at ohio state. The kids is major D1 talent. Best of luck, just not when you play NCC. Lol
BEST QB IN THE STATE HANDS DOWN OF ANY CLASS, good luck I will be following your career
Congrats and good luck.
Why would he consider UK? And sit behind Barker? Good choice but it's still early.
^He is better than Barker. Se end both in person on a couple occasions and have no dog in the fight.

Both can play, no doubt, but Sindelar is better.
Hmmm, from what I saw, barker's arm is probably a little more accurate. Realize sindlear is a year behind. Sindlear is bigger and more athletic than barker. Probably has the stronger arm throwing downfield also. Barker didn't have the weapons sindlear has had, but I still think sindlear is going to be the more successfull of the two in college and beyond.
I was hoping for a better school for him. I would like to have seen him in the SEC or Big 12 where they play real football. I think he would have made eyes pop. I wish him well, but I cannot be a stinking Boilermaker fan.
Hearing rumor that Elijah Sindelar may Decommit from Purdue. And give kentucky another look, I hearing this in EASTERN KENTUCKY....well i guess from one person...:popcorn:
I don't think he decommits unless Purdue has a really bad year. It also will probably take a big dog, recruiter wise, to make that personal contact. i.e. Saban, Urban, etc.....

I think he is a solid committ right now.
Isn't Purdue a QB school anyways? I think Drew Brees went there and a few others
Belfry0304 Wrote:Isn't Purdue a QB school anyways? I think Drew Brees went there and a few others

Brees
Kyle Orton
Curtis Painter
Jim Everett
Bob Griese

When I think of Purdue though I think of this monster
[Image: http://www.rcsportscards.com/uploads/6/0...rig.jpg?79]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Brees
Kyle Orton
Curtis Painter
Jim Everett
Bob Griese

I am neither a Purdue or Tampa Bay fan, Mike Alstott is one of my all time favorite players. He is the first player I think about when I hear Purdue football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Brees
Kyle Orton
Curtis Painter
Jim Everett
Bob Griese

I think my brother ATLPirateFan can tell you how I feel about that monster. Once he retired, I decided to follow Dad and cheer for the Browns but I loved Tampa during #40's time there. I'm still a fan of hard nosed football so obviously he's a favorite.
Purdues coach is on the hotseat.
A coaching change could be a serious game changer in where the kid ends up.
To me thats a bad decision Purdue is not very good and he may be better than that.
I don't think he will go to Purdue....:popcorn:
He withdrew his committment, and now has a verbal to uk just kidding 64 sur