Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Phelps Alumni Football Game (May 10th)
Pikeville HS will play Phelps HS in an alumni football game on May 10th in the Semi-Finals of The King of the Coalfields tournament.

Should be a good evening of football.

The winner will play the winner of Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry in the other semi-final.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Be safe, and good luck to all that participate. Would love to be there to see it all.
According to the FaceBook page..... The game starts at 7:30 pm
Anyone have rosters for this one?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Anyone have rosters for this one?

I know this don't help right now....

But at the game, they will have rosters at the gate.
Mayfield played Graves County Alumni in a full contact game several weeks ago. It was a huge success both on and off the field. On the field Mayfield did their thing 23-0. Off the field the game raised $9,000 for each school in ticket sales and Mayfield got the concessions and raffle money. Attendance was guessimated to by me to be a little over 7,000. A company put ours on and took care of insurance and equipment for a cut of the profits. Those $ figures were after the company got their cut by the way. I assume they are doing this game as well. If it is even close to as successful and fun as ours it will be a great success.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Mayfield played Graves County Alumni in a full contact game several weeks ago. It was a huge success both on and off the field. On the field Mayfield did their thing 23-0. Off the field the game raised $9,000 for each school in ticket sales and Mayfield got the concessions and raffle money. Attendance was guessimated to by me to be a little over 7,000. A company put ours on and took care of insurance and equipment for a cut of the profits. Those $ figures were after the company got their cut by the way. I assume they are doing this game as well. If it is even close to as successful and fun as ours it will be a great success.

Im curious what alumni usa's cut was. I heard they had already presold like around 5,000 tickets around 5 days before the game at ten dollars a pop thats 50,000 dollars so 9,000 apiece for each school sure did leave that company alot of money. Maybe the schools got to keep everything sold at the gate which is where i bought my ticket plus concessions im sure made alot, but i thought the company getting 30 grand and each school only getting 9 grand was alittle steep.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Im curious what alumni usa's cut was. I heard they had already presold like around 5,000 tickets around 5 days before the game at ten dollars a pop thats 50,000 dollars so 9,000 apiece for each school sure did leave that company alot of money. Maybe the schools got to keep everything sold at the gate which is where i bought my ticket plus concessions im sure made alot, but i thought the company getting 30 grand and each school only getting 9 grand was alittle steep.

You guys got screw in western kentucky. :popcorn:
any updates
Pikeville won 24-6.
Pikeville will play the winner of Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry in the championship game of The King of the Coalfields.
Phelps starting QB hurt his arm/shoulder on their first series.... after that, they couldn't get any offense.

Pikeville has a stout team. I would like to see Sheldon Clark and Belfry play. That would be a great alumni game.