Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co Central Boys and Girls take region crown in track.
Good Luck at state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
good job LCC on winning the both team titles.
Can someone tell me who ask win individual reg titles? Haven't updated yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

http://ky.milesplit.com/meets/173377/results/304842

this is the boys and girls results from region 7
in the girls it was a tie for first with 133 points LCC and Leslie Co, 3rd Knott Co. Central 100 points, 4th Johnson Central 77 points, 5th Perry co central 50 points.

the boys it was 1st LCC 204 points, 2nd Leslie Co 143 points, 3rd Johnson Central 62 points.
How do they break a tie? Surely there is a way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:How do they break a tie? Surely there is a way.

I don't think they do. how can they do a tie breaker in track and field. there is 18 events in both boys and girls. first get 10 points, 2nd 8 points, 3rd 6 points, 4th 4 points, 5th 2 points, and 6th 1 point, in each event.
Do not break a tie in track.
Field events killed us in girls. Still something to be proud about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cj2561 Wrote:http://ky.milesplit.com/meets/173377/results/304842

this is the boys and girls results from region 7

Question for those who know the area in region 7. Region 7 has been way behind the other 6 regions as far as times, especially in the distance and mid distance events for as long as I have been following track (I am getting old so it has been a long time). Why do you think that region is so behind the rest of the state?
To be honest...most people don't take track serious. No year long running, and technique on field events. I feel like most of the athletes places multiple sports. We were successful a couple years in the shot put, but I am surprise other teams like Hazard, and some other football teams doesn't run track.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

sstack Wrote:Question for those who know the area in region 7. Region 7 has been way behind the other 6 regions as far as times, especially in the distance and mid distance events for as long as I have been following track (I am getting old so it has been a long time). Why do you think that region is so behind the rest of the state?
Quality coaches and lack of adequate facilities have held them back to some degree. The best athletes chose other sports in the spring as well.
None of the schools that made up LCC never had a track field. Whitesburg always had good runners, but I am really disappointed in the county school system for not taken this a priority. You spent money on a tennis court but the tennis team had a court to play on. Bad decision by there part. Should have done track field then work on a new tennis court. The one by the old football field was redone and was in fine shape.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

UKisN1 Wrote:Quality coaches and lack of adequate facilities have held them back to some degree. The best athletes chose other sports in the spring as well.

Lack of facilities does not explain the times for distances runners though (in cross country and track), our distance runners are on the track very little during the season except for races, they are out running the streets. In fact seems that the hills in the area would help the distance runners ( I feel like hills in NKY help our runners). Quality coaches might be the bigger answer and getting the athletes out for the sport.
I understand what you are saying about track and field. I understand that cross country doesn't matter as far as running, but I think to be good at track and field you need to have a field to run and practice on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I think facilities play a part, but so does coaching knowledge and high turnover in coaching positions at schools. If you look in this area you can count the number of coaches who have been at their schools for more than 3 - 5 years on one hand, and those are typically the schools who perform well for region 7. You see a lot of coaches, unfortunately, who are only there a couple years and appear to be motivated only by the pay and not results. At least that's been my experience as a spectator.
For the record Sally Hubbard is to me is alone with three others the best coaches up there. She has turned the program around and work her butt off. Trophy case speaks for itself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Agree completely about Sally. Hated to hear she's retiring.
Me too. Just hope they can keep it going.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

With Faye staying, I believe they will.