Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A Final Draft Alignment 2015-2018
Region 1

District 1- Ballard Memorial, Mayfield, Murray, Todd County Central
District 2- Butler County, Hancock County, McClean County, Owensboro Catholic, Webster County

Region 2

District 3- Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County
District 4- Christian Academy (Louisville), Desales, Shawnee, Washington County

Region 3

District 5- Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Trimble County, Walton Verona
District 6- Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial, Neport, Newport Central Catholic

Region 4

District 7- Danville, Lexington Christian, Middlesboro, Somerset
District 8- Allen Central, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Leslie County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

Thoughts?
I feel sorry for Prestonsburg because they will have 5 district games and It will cut there schedule of playing top notch teams but I guess it could be an advantage that way there not too beat up before playoff..
Has Middlesboro started scouting New Cath?
E's Army Wrote:Has Middlesboro started scouting New Cath?

No need , will not make it. To many departures.
Can we please go back to 4 classes?
bac2369 Wrote:I feel sorry for Prestonsburg because they will have 5 district games and It will cut there schedule of playing top notch teams but I guess it could be an advantage that way there not too beat up before playoff..

Leslie.County is my sleeper team this year and my contender team in 2015. Watch an see.you hear it first from 64SUR :Cheerlead
I hate the way district 8 came out. Basically just takes away from scheduling 2 competitive opponents.
District 8 will be a 3 way shoot out with P-burg, SV and BL.
Outside of Glasgow or DeSales, who else could contend against the Cards for a trip to state?
mysonis55 Wrote:Outside of Glasgow or DeSales, who else could contend against the Cards for a trip to state?

I'm guessing Cal, o catch and maybe Murray on occasion will be the only other real threats besides the 2 you mentioned.
Murray has only managed to beat us 1 time in probably 40 years or better on a sloppy field.
What I can't figure out is how come we have struggled with Caldwell lately
One time was in a torrential downpour on a sloppy field. When the qb tried to throw it was like a shotput. They had a larger line and that was the difference in a 1 touchdown game.
mysonis55 Wrote:Outside of Glasgow or DeSales, who else could contend against the Cards for a trip to state?

Don't get used to a rivalry with the Colts. This realignment will be our last rodeo in 2a I believe. We barely made it this time out. Our enrollment is going up, and we are building a new stadium, which will help even more.

I look forward to hopefully playing Mayfield. We are going to be very very solid the next few years we are in 2a.
The first year you may get to play on our refurbished old field in the semis. It is a great old time stadium.
ColtPride Wrote:Don't get used to a rivalry with the Colts. This realignment will be our last rodeo in 2a I believe. We barely made it this time out. Our enrollment is going up, and we are building a new stadium, which will help even more.

I look forward to hopefully playing Mayfield. We are going to be very very solid the next few years we are in 2a.

I look forward to it also. Could be some great battles between these 2. I dont think any team in the west will make it to 4 straight title games i can see both teams taking a game or 2, not to mention cal, glasgow, o cath, and murray may have something to say about who takes the west as well.
I don't know. We got a lot of talent coming up.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't know. We got a lot of talent coming up.

I hear desales does to. I hear they get alot of kids now that would normally go to st x. I dont blame them though good chance to win a title there and st x usually has to play 2nd fiddle to trinity.
I am a believer in the small school atmosphere myself. I have seen a lot of wasted talent in the big schools. There are a lot of good athletes that get lost in the big schools.
mysonis55 Wrote:I am a believer in the small school atmosphere myself. I have seen a lot of wasted talent in the big schools. There are a lot of good athletes that get lost in the big schools.

I think what you like most is your team holding a gold trophy.
That is a great feeling. But only 1 team from the small schools can claim that as well. The thing I like most is the opportunities it offers the players.
It looks like the toughest district is #7. Three really competetive teams.