Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Lucas Ford New Caverna Head Coach
Congratulations to my good friend and outstanding football Coach Lucas Ford being named the new Head Football Coach at Caverna!!!!

Caverna could not have selected a better head coach! I am elated for Coach Ford and Caverna football!!

Best wishes to you Coach Ford, God speed to you and the Caverna Colonels!!! TongueirateSho
Lucas will work hard and I feel he will be successful. Good Luck.
Congrats to him. What's his track record? Came from?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Congrats to him. What's his track record? Came from?

Started with Lex Cath as an assistant, when Lex won the state title and then the last 5 years or so at Somerset as an assistant/OC helping them win five straight regional titles and making it to a state final, barely missing several chances to play for another state championship. He has never coached on a team that did not at least make it to the State Semi Finals.

He is a proven winner and Caverna is very very fortunate to get him, the kids will respond well to his leadership, he has an upbeat and encouraging style; definite players coach. Great hire!!!

I am glad to see him finally get his chance!
Good places to be. With that said, he is going to find out real quick that "We aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto." However, at the same time, Caverna has some talent and tools to do a little something in Class A. What that "something" is, is the million dollar question.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Good places to be. With that said, he is going to find out real quick that "We aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto." However, at the same time, Caverna has some talent and tools to do a little something in Class A. What that "something" is, is the million dollar question.

Coach Ford was attracted to a build up program, not walking into one already built, he was very aware of the work needed to put Caverna football on the map. He has a good vision and plan - he and Toto already know Horse Cave, Ky. is not Kansas...:Sad04: LOL

There are some pieces at Caverna, you are right, I saw their scrimamge last year, and they had a nice Qb and some recievers, and had some decent size on the line.

It will take time, but Coach Ford is the right man for the job and will put in the work needed!

He will bring in excitement and high eneregy!!!

Go get it Colonels!! Many blessings to you in this new era of Caverna Football!!!!
congrats
The Cross Movement Wrote:Coach Ford was attracted to a build up program, not walking into one already built, he was very aware of the work needed to put Caverna football on the map. He has a good vision and plan - he and Toto already know Horse Cave, Ky. is not Kansas...:Sad04: LOL

There are some pieces at Caverna, you are right, I saw their scrimamge last year, and they had a nice Qb and some recievers, and had some decent size on the line.

It will take time, but Coach Ford is the right man for the job and will put in the work needed!

He will bring in excitement and high eneregy!!!

Go get it Colonels!! Many blessings to you in this new era of Caverna Football!!!!

Coach Ford has his work cut out for Himself. Caverna has only won 17 games since 2006. McCreary Central has won 24 games in that same time period. I hope the Administration will support him and give him time to build a foundation. Good Luck and All the Best.
Sounds like a good coach who caught that "need to be in charge" disease. I hope things work out for him OR he lands on his feet when he leaves. Caverna has 0 in common with Lex Cath and Somerset when it comes to facilities, parents, players, PLAYER MENTALITY, community support, admin support, and feeder systems. Good coaches can turn these things around but there is a lot of heavy lifting to do and 1 man can't do it alone. 17 wins in 8 years means there is a lot of losing momentum there. Momentum is hard to change.
Hard to suceed with less than 25 kids on the roster.
According to the linked article below, Coach Ford will be keeping his current teaching position with Somerset schools and commuting 90 miles (one way) to Caverna for practice each day? Wow.

Well, if he wanted a challenge, I'm pretty sure he's found one.

http://m.glasgowdailytimes.com/glasgow/d...d=LSkhKt7B
They need to build some numbers in that program to have a shot.
That sounds like a revenue for a 1 year gig if something doesn't open up.
Recepie instead of revenue above. Dang auto-correct.
Rule #1 in coaching.

Better make sure the 8-3pm job is secured and taken care of first.

Took a leap of faith for sure. Wow. Here is wishing him the best
Living and working an hour and a half away IMO. Graduating from Somerset and coaching at Lexington Catholic the statement of coming from a "Small School" would seem inaccurate to me.

I agree with Jackson doesn't seem to me that he will be at Caverna for the long haul if he's planning on working and still living in Somerset. On the bright side he's in a WEAK class A district, and I'm sure he can get some of the weaker teams in the state to play him. It can set up for him to win a few games, as this being his 1st HC job you have to take what you can get.
I wouldn't call that new district too awful weak when compared to others.

Bethlehem just finished with a 10 win season, and every program at that school is getting better and better.

The only reason Campbellsville hasn't won more than 5-6 games since 6 classes is solely bc nobody their size (even some schools bigger than them in their area) will play them. They are my dark horse to come out of the west in 15. They were mostly all sophomores and Freshmen this year, and their MS bunch was loaded. I think they lost only one game, maybe 2. Speedsters. They have a junior to be, Kenyon Young, remember the name. Legit 1AA and mid major 1A prospect. Long, lean and can fly.

You will also see drastic improvements by Fort Knox. 2A has just been too much from them. So long as they don't get hurt by the 2-3K soldiers who are moving off base this summer, they will be fine.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I wouldn't call that new district too awful weak when compared to others.

Bethlehem just finished with a 10 win season, and every program at that school is getting better and better.

The only reason Campbellsville hasn't won more than 5-6 games since 6 classes is solely bc nobody their size (even some schools bigger than them in their area) will play them. They are my dark horse to come out of the west in 15. They were mostly all sophomores and Freshmen this year, and their MS bunch was loaded. I think they lost only one game, maybe 2. Speedsters. They have a junior to be, Kenyon Young, remember the name. Legit 1AA and mid major 1A prospect. Long, lean and can fly.

You will also see drastic improvements by Fort Knox. 2A has just been too much from them. So long as they don't get hurt by the 2-3K soldiers who are moving off base this summer, they will be fine.

Bethlehem did win 10 games but it wasn't against the strongest teams, as Campbellsville played them with 10 points I believe not sure. But you are right Class A is Down across the board IMO. I honestly thing in 2015 if Campbellsville DOESN't win the region it will be a disappointment. Campbellsville issue, much like this new coach at Caverna faces, will be depth. When your only playing 13-15 guys each week it's difficult to last the season without having kids beat up at the end. As for who they are play, I agree having adding hart/adair and take off Green Co./Danville could have been 2 more wins. But Green Co. and Danville are closer to their size than Hart. Adair. or Casey who is close. I agree Fort Knox was in a bear of a district with deSales, CAL, and Bardstown. They have shown they have the ability to win and i think moving to Class A will give them a spark. You are right compared to others the district isn't to awful, Besides the Hazard and Williamsburg district it is probably equal to the rest.