Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A Final Draft Alignment 2015-2018
Region 1

District 1- Caldwell County, Fort Campbell, Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Union County
District 2- Adair County, Edmonson County, Elizabethtown, Hart County, Larue County

Region 2

District 3- Bardstown, Central, Henry County, Moore, Thomas Nelson, Wagner
District 4- Boyle County, Garrard County, Lexington Catholic, Western Hills

Region 3

District 5- Bath County, Fleming County, Lewis County, Pendelton County, Russell, West Carter
District 6- Belfry, Lawrence County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark

Region 4

District 7- Breathitt County, Estill County, Knott County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Powell County,
District 8- Bell County, Casey County, Corbin, Jackson County, McCreary Central

Thoughts?
I'm curious to know why they put Knott Central in District 7 with Breathitt, Estill, Magoffin, Morgan and Powell?

It would have made more sense to put Knott in Belfry's district.

Estill County to Knott Central - 2 hours

Knott Central to Belfry - 1 hour, 30 minutes

Powell County to Knott Central - 1 hour, 37 minutes

Knott Central to Pike Central - 1 hour, 6 minutes

Morgan County to Knott Central - 1 hour, 30 minutes

Knott Central to Lawrence County - 1 hour, 21 minutes

Magoffin County to Knott Central - 1 hour

Knott Central to Sheldon Clark - 1 hour, 8 minutes

Going by that, it would have made more sense to putt KCC in with Belfry and make it a 5 team district along with district 7 but district 6 is 4 team district while district 7 is 6 team district.
3A just got real with Boyle Co. and Lex. Cath in the mix now......
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Absolute bear of a class....
Going to be interesting to say the least.
Region 2 is the hardest and Region 3 is a cake walk. But overall I don't think it could have went another way. Good job finally by KHSAA!!!

A few no man's land teams like Casey, Powell and Knott could have went in a few different districts.
TopCat Wrote:Region 2 is the hardest and Region 3 is a cake walk. But overall I don't think it could have went another way. Good job finally by KHSAA!!!

A few no man's land teams like Casey, Powell and Knott could have went in a few different districts.

Bell County is still doing some traveling in their district like going to Casey and Jackson but love them being back in the mountains.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Region 1

District 1- Caldwell County, Fort Campbell, Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Union County
District 2- Adair County, Edmonson County, Elizabethtown, Hart County, Larue County

Region 2

District 3- Bardstown, Central, Henry County, Moore, Thomas Moore, Wagner
District 4- Boyle County, Garrard County, Lexington Catholic, Western Hills

Region 3

District 5- Bath County, Fleming County, Lewis County, Pendelton County, Russell, West Carter
District 6- Belfry, Lawrence County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark

Region 4

District 7- Breathitt County, Estill County, Knott County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Powell County,
District 8- Bell County, Casey County, Corbin, Jackson County, McCreary Central

Thoughts?

In region 3.. Thomas Moore and Moore are they of the same school?
Boyle Co, Lou Central and Lex Catholic to the west and Bell, Belfy and Corbin to the east. 3A state championship for any of those school in the years to come 2015-2018.
FBfan4life Wrote:Boyle Co, Lou Central and Lex Catholic to the west and Bell, Belfy and Corbin to the east. 3A state championship for any of those school in the years to come 2015-2018.

Would not leave PT out of that mix in the West. :Thumbs:
FBfan4life Wrote:In region 3.. Thomas Moore and Moore are they of the same school?

Was probably supposed to be Thomas Nelson
TopCat Wrote:Region 2 is the hardest and Region 3 is a cake walk. But overall I don't think it could have went another way. Good job finally by KHSAA!!!

Bell's path in Region 4 will be probably equal if not even easier reading the tea leaves.

Breathitt County has some major, major program issues right now and I am afraid a return to prominence for such a strong program may not be in the cards in the near future. Corbin should be a solid team.

Conversely, Russell is about to be on a prominent uptick in talent and with a new coach. Pike Central has emerged as a consistent Top 15 team in 3A and have been comparable to Corbin over the past 5 or 6 years.

Long story short though it is still pretty clear there appears to be a Belfry vs. Bell rivalry about to renew in the State Semi-Finals.
Yes it is Thomas Nelson in Bardstown. New school.
Hatz Wrote:Would not leave PT out of that mix in the West. :Thumbs:

..or Caldwell County...or Ft. Campbell... or Etown.. or even Bardstown for that purpose.

Etown is a team to keep an eye on the next few years. Not only are they about to have a very "up" talent pool... they also have a proven Head Coach on board in Mark Brown who basically built John Hardin into what it is.

Ft. Campbell has always been a team that becomes very good in waves as well and many forget the Falcons had became the class of 2A before moving to 3A previously.

The West in 3A is going to be an utter gauntlet. As I mentioned before.. you DO NOT want to be the 2 or 3 Seed in District 4 entering the playoffs. Otherwise you may be looking at a murderer's row for 4 or 5 straight games.

Imagine a playoff schedule that would be:
@ Bardstown
@ Boyle County
@ Central or LexCath
@ Tilghman
Vs. Belfry or Bell
Pulp Fiction Wrote:3A just got real with Boyle Co. and Lex. Cath in the mix now......

Bardstown, too.
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm curious to know why they put Knott Central in District 7 with Breathitt, Estill, Magoffin, Morgan and Powell?

Going by that, it would have made more sense to putt KCC in with Belfry and make it a 5 team district along with district 7 but district 6 is 4 team district while district 7 is 6 team district.

Knott Central would have fit there....but Russell is just as close to that district on the north side as Knott Central is on the south....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:..or Caldwell County...or Ft. Campbell... or Etown.. or even Bardstown for that purpose.

Etown is a team to keep an eye on the next few years. Not only are they about to have a very "up" talent pool... they also have a proven Head Coach on board in Mark Brown who basically built John Hardin into what it is.

Ft. Campbell has always been a team that becomes very good in waves as well and many forget the Falcons had became the class of 2A before moving to 3A previously.

The West in 3A is going to be an utter gauntlet. As I mentioned before.. you DO NOT want to be the 2 or 3 Seed in District 4 entering the playoffs. Otherwise you may be looking at a murderer's row for 4 or 5 straight games.

Imagine a playoff schedule that would be:
@ Bardstown
@ Boyle County
@ Central or LexCath
@ Tilghman
Vs. Belfry or Bell

Unreal isn't it?

Speaking of Region 1, all but ONE of the schools in District 1 have MULTIPLE State titles (Union County). Trigg, Caldwell all have two, and then the obvious handful or more that PT and Fort Campbell both have.

Then you have District 2, and you already hit the nail on the head with E-town locked and loaded for the next few years with their upcoming run of talent, state of the art facility and Mark Brown at the helm. E-town was all sophomores this year, but their 8th grade bunch was the regular season champs this year of their E-town/Hardin County/Meade County conference (you have E-town, then the rest are all 5A/6A feeder schools to the Hardin's and Meade County).

But, you also have programs like LaRue County and Edmonson County who have had region final appearances under their belts in the last 6-7 years.

Edmonson County's 8th grade bunch made it pretty far in their division of the MS playoffs this year. I'm thinking maybe to the semi-finals? In 2011 Edmonson went 10-0, and was a region finalist just 2-3 yeras before that.

Larue isn't going to be very good, again next year, but 15, 16, 17 and 18 they should be getting back to normal with every one of those years being a little better than the year before. Their 8th grade bunch won their conference. It was just a year ago they took Central to a 1 TD game at Central, dominated Corbin in the playoffs and had Bell County down in the 3rd @ Bell.

Adair County (have taken Monroe County to the wire the last two years) under Travis Gay the last 3 years is sitting right around .500 over that time for maybe the first time in history. Their junior/sophomore classes come 15 and then onto 16, and 17 will be the best they have have had there. They'll have a QB that, while he has a long way to go to get to this point, reminds me a whole lot of Elijah Sindelar as an 8th grader/Freshman. Tall, long...can run and sling it.

Hart County will have a little something to say about that district in 15, too. A physical bunch of good looking kids. They went 4-6 this year and were all sophomores.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make this district/region out to be like the sister region, but you have a lot of average to good programs that when they hit their 'runs' of classes, are as tough to handle as anybody in the class.

Caldwell County will miss Sindelar after this year no doubt, but they are stacked for the next few years after that. Their freshmen, JV and MS groups dominated most everybody they played down that way this year.

Trigg is Trigg.

Union County had Caldwell down after 3 quarters in the 2nd round this year. Union is and has always been one of the most underrated programs in WKY IMO. Talent. Sports minded community. Probably the best wrestling program in the state (minus X and T) year in year out. Often times, that and football go hand in hand.

Fort Campbell is one to keep an eye on. It's pretty well known down that way that THEY COULD become part of the Clarksville, TN school district after next year. So, bon voyage to KY.
Sorry about the typo, it is Thomas Nelson. I must have retyped Moore on there.
3A is loaded.... I like that in 3A a Mountain school has a very good shot at Bowling Green.
Most interesting class?
^
By far
This the best class in all of Kentucky high school football hands down.
If I were a high school football fan this is the class I would want to keep up with.
This is the closest thing to what we would see in a 5 class system.

Im with other in the fact that 4 classes really made a lot of teams not even want to play. After all what does a Perry and Letcher have when it comes to chances of competeting with Trinity? However, this is a little much.
Ive always thought 5 would be the perfect fit.
Only rules are if you play up, you must play up to 5A.
The most competitive class by far IMO. each region has multiple teams with tradition and has been successful.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:The most competitive class by far IMO. each region has multiple teams with tradition and has been successful.

7 of the 8 Districts has a Multiple State Champion in it.

In the lone District that does not, Etown has at least won a State Title and been to multiple State Finals.
I do not see PT as an immediate threat with the coaching change plus they lost a lot. PT has an immensely talented QB who was not always a good fit under the previous system. He may get retasked for a new mission. Likewise, FC post-Berner has proved to be a different program. Caldwell will be the team out here to watch and Union, if they reload with like what they had 5-6 years ago, can easily ruin a homecoming. If Rogers is able to bring to PT some consistency while correcting the preventable mistakes that typically cost PT 100+ yards a game, fall could be interesting. Just not seeing that full transformation occurring in year one.
Tica Wrote:I do not see PT as an immediate threat with the coaching change plus they lost a lot. PT has an immensely talented QB who was not always a good fit under the previous system. He may get retasked for a new mission. Likewise, FC post-Berner has proved to be a different program. Caldwell will be the team out here to watch and Union, if they reload with like what they had 5-6 years ago, can easily ruin a homecoming. If Rogers is able to bring to PT some consistency while correcting the preventable mistakes that typically cost PT 100+ yards a game, fall could be interesting. Just not seeing that full transformation occurring in year one.

Im not buying in to all the caldwell county hype. I still see tilghman and ft campbell winning that district most years. Caldwell, union, and trigg are all pretty descent teams, and one of them will occasionally win the district, but most years it will be tilghman or ft campbell. Caldwell has a descent chance this year in ,2a but they have there best ever qb by far and maybe there best ever rb, both of which will graduate before there move to 3a. This year they failed because they relied to much on the qb, and rb and there defense just aint that good. I hear they have some good classes coming up, but i doubt it will be as good as the last couple years athletes. I just see them taking a big step back, and dont see them being a big threat most years compared to tilghman, central, boyle, or belfry.
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm curious to know why they put Knott Central in District 7 with Breathitt, Estill, Magoffin, Morgan and Powell?

Im glad they arent in that district just yet. but they will be competive in a few years, everybody will see..