Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County vs Corbin 2015
The News Journal
9 hours ago · Edited
From our Sports Editor, Trevor Sherman, comes this news: Corbin and Whitley County high schools to play each other in football beginning in 2015. Whitley County Athletic Director John Siler confirmed today a deal has been finalized. The first of the games will be played at Whitley County in the fall of 2015 with a second game being played at Corbin in 2016. The two schools have not played one another in football since 1985.
Pigs are flying and cows are jumping over the moon.
and Colonels and Redhounds are playing next year Smile
It's about time will help both program. 64SUR :Cheerlead
Shits about to get real Confusednicker:

Thank God this is finally happening and the people that need to be gone are gone and everything is good.
This will be great for both programs. I was telling old jacket before I even checked the thread that I thought the last time these two played was in 85, and according to the story, it looks like I was dead on. I was ONE year old the last time these two played.

Both coaches get a year with there teams to get accustomed and both teams should be pretty good next year. Whitley was a very young team over the past couple of seasons and it will be great to see everything come together, not to mention Corbin appears to finally be getting a lot of talent back and appear to be on there way to the front of that district.

Fun Fact:
Corbin is 15-0 against Whitley all time. When they play in 2015, it will be exactly 30 years since they last stepped on the field. Im going to get some more info on the series, and relay it very soon.
I guess ill be making the trip back home for at least one game in 2015.
You couldn't pay me a weeks paycheck to miss the first one of this series. I bet Whitley is packed that night, especially if both teams are doing really well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I guess ill be making the trip back home for at least one game in 2015.
You couldn't pay me a weeks paycheck to miss the first one of this series. I bet Whitley is packed that night, especially if both teams are doing really well.

this game will draw a huge crowd for sure:letsparty
pjdoug Wrote:this game will draw a huge crowd for sure:letsparty

The most people ive ever seen at Whitley was when we played Bell in 2000. Standing room only. I expect this to be comparable.
Great job by the 2 schools. Whitley has never had a problem playing, Jewell held up the Corbin end. It will be a great draw for both teams.
Great crowd for sure in this game.
This game is in week 0 both years so a whole summer build up
That sure didn't take long.:Thumbs:
Glad to see this game finally happen.
33 power Wrote:This game is in week 0 both years so a whole summer build up

If they keep this thing going, it could literally be a make or break game right off the bat. If you win, you get a full steam of confidence behind you. If you lose, your down in the dumps right off the bat.
Hell yes!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If they keep this thing going, it could literally be a make or break game right off the bat. If you win, you get a full steam of confidence behind you. If you lose, your down in the dumps right off the bat.
Exactly what I thought
Glad to see these 2 playing again. I'll have to cross the Mountain to see this one. It will be good for both schools. Huge boost for the winner. Not much harm to the loser, has no impact on Dist. or play-off implications. Good Luck to both!!!!
Cellking Wrote:Glad to see these 2 playing again. I'll have to cross the Mountain to see this one. It will be good for both schools. Huge boost for the winner. Not much harm to the loser, has no impact on Dist. or play-off implications. Good Luck to both!!!!

this game will probably bring a lot of fans in from surrounding towns.
Agree people will come from all over to watch this one. I would think 15 thousand + Gate and 8 thousand or up concession, Sure can run a program on that kind of revenue. A game for the Fans!!!!
Amazing how quick this happened after Jewell and Campbell were no longer in the way.
E's Army Wrote:Amazing how quick this happened after Jewell and Campbell were no longer in the way.

Just look what new blood at the helms of each program has already done!!!!!
This should be big gate for both schools. Let's just hope that this isn't a two year deal and done thing.
The only thug else I can say is its about fricken time these two schools locked horns!!!!
pjdoug Wrote:this game will probably bring a lot of fans in from surrounding towns.

Can you imagine if Wburg, Lynn Camp, and South Laurel were all on long road games in week 1. Most assuredly, fans would want to check this game out instead of going on a long drive.

To be honest, im excited to see the 2016 game at Corbin.
Just think about it, Corbin should try and back up Nibroc while the game is going on. People could just walk on over to the field, can you imagine the numbers?