Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County 2014
The Lakers will definitely be in a rebuilding mode after graduating 13 seniors this past year. However, the cupboard is far from bare. Austin Smiddy will take over full time at quarterback. Jordan Ratcliff an all district running back from East Carter has transferred in and should carry much of the load at RB. I also expect big seasons from Wes Fletcher and Brandon Meyer. Then there is TE/DE Nick Coffey who will end up being the most highly recruited player we have ever had. Nick has a few D1 offers now and is being recruited by schools out of both the SEC and Big 10. Outside of Pulaski County, the schedule looks manageable. I expect the Lakers to have a good season with a similar record to the last few years. They should be in the hunt for another district title.
There is great potential, however, the boys will have to WORK very hard to reach that potential, the district is much improved and each team will be hungry to knock the Lakers off as defending district champs, there is a lot of pride in Mt. Vernon, Manchester and Knox Central, plus the Lakers have a lot of starters to replace.

The schedule presents several tough games, beginning with their opener against a very good Danville team.

All in all, the Lakers have some nice players, but those players will have to be dedicated and fully committed to reaching thier full potential and come together as a cohesive unit before opening night.

It will not be easy by any stretch of the imagination, Rock, Clay and Knox will be well coached, improved, hungry, and none of them will lay down. The Lakers have a good group of young men, who I believe WILL put in the work neccesary to reach there full potential. We will see where that full potential leads them! Anything is possible but it will take hard work and commitment to the process! They will not have the luxury of taking anyone for granted, I assure you Coach Sharp won't allow them to! The key thing is for them to forget 2012 and 13, this a new year with new challenges, and no one is going to hand them anything based on the past!

These boys are determined, these boys are working hard and these boys are focused on 2014! Don't know how many games they will win or if they will win the district, but I do know they are great kids putting in work! They will be challenged to give all they have, and lay everything on the field and represent Laker nation the right way!

It should be a very exciting year in Laker Nation!
Coach Sharpe always does a nice job and will again this year