Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 6, Paintsville 0 (57th district tournament)
Pike central beating belfry made it more interesting. If central draws the 57 justice could pull the upset same for Hamilton at pikeville belfry might pull off an upset with zac on the mound. Hitchcock and Wallen going to be hard to beat as well. Could be interesting
Fan of all Sports Wrote:As you can see by my # of posts, posting is something I rarely do. However, I do read from this site almost daily. As a fan of Lawrence Co. sports, I want to say to TigerBlues, Off the Hook and Commanche, thank you for your congratulatory remarks. This game last night was much much closer than a 6-0 score. Both teams played well, both pitchers threw very well. The difference in this game was bunt execution and I'm not sure it was a lack of bunt defense execution. The only bunt, in my opinion, that a play should have been made on was the bunt to load that bases in the third inning. Rice did freeze a little on LC's mistake of proper execution on a squeeze with the runner breaking WAY too early, allowing the runner to steal home. Make the one bunt play and execute properly on the squeeze and this is 1-0 after 2 1/2 innings. Then Lawrence plays a little tighter and who knows what might have happened. I think these two teams are about as even as two teams can be but I believe that Paintsville is actually more athletic. Last night just happened to be LC's night. Paintsville's future is bright as they have a load of young talent. Good luck to the Tigers in the future seasons.

You pretty much nailed it. Paintsville IMO has more talent than the rest of the region and looks bright for years to come. Don't think much of JD as a coach and its hard to believe they turned down other guys that wanted that job. The Felt flat out had it together last night , simply out coached him , the boys played for him, and was the best team last night.
Lc actually starts 5 sophmores turner 2nd, keesee ss, coverdale 1st, miller catches, bailey out field,
KyRock Wrote:No I am not the example you mentioned so you may want to back up. If the umps had tried to screw Paintsville I would have said the same thing. As I would for any team that get bad calls. Thats what Irks me big time is Umpires or Referees knowing it looks obvious they are against a team and still continue to make bad calls after bad calls. Same thing with Basketball I never seen so many bad calls and I am saying this not just for LC. But I have seen some bad calls both ways in All of Sports it just seems to me more against LC. I will ask again where do they find these idiots? The Ump on 3rd couldn't quit chatting with Paintsville Coaches long enough to make a call and when he did it was wrong. I don't know if He was flirting and trying to get a date or what. He was pretty Buddy Buddy :eyeroll: Luckily the calls didn't have an effect on the game last night but it could have. Paintsville is a Great Team and Program and when you play the Great Teams like Paintsville or JC. I think the best possible Umps that are not going to be biased should be there. We all are humans and I know there is going to be a bad call every now and then. But to do it call after call that then is obvious. I'm just going to start taking pictures or some video and then report crap Umps like last night.

Yes, my friend you are a prime example. I would suggest that they can find plenty of idiot umpires on this site. Everybody is not against LC, just some of you guys make them all look bad.
Why does everyone from LC always have to play that what if game. You couldn't just take a compliment from the people of Paintsville that was congratulating and say Ty. You have to start some kind of disfunction and make a good post start getting into a gripe session bc that's just the LC way. Gee whiz grow up. Btw where are all of your comments tonight after the loss to JC? I'm sure the excuses are about to come flying about how the stars were twinkling and distracting your hitters, or let's use the wind excuse again or bc rain was predicted 2 weeks ago LC thought there was a chance the game wouldn't be played til Friday night. It will be something, not just that JC has spanked your tails 3 times in a row!!!!
Completely Neutral Wrote:Why does everyone from LC always have to play that what if game. You couldn't just take a compliment from the people of Paintsville that was congratulating and say Ty. You have to start some kind of disfunction and make a good post start getting into a gripe session bc that's just the LC way. Gee whiz grow up. Btw where are all of your comments tonight after the loss to JC? I'm sure the excuses are about to come flying about how the stars were twinkling and distracting your hitters, or let's use the wind excuse again or bc rain was predicted 2 weeks ago LC thought there was a chance the game wouldn't be played til Friday night. It will be something, not just that JC has spanked your tails 3 times in a row!!!!

When Paintsville or JC loses they start on the LC fans. I have figured this out watching and I'm not sure why. Is it because you are trying to cover up the fact you lost and you will be watching the 15th Region Tournament from the stands? I'm not sure but sounds like you are butt hurt or something. JC played great as expected and all 3 games there was not a spanking. All 3 games very competitive...I think spanked is when you are shut out around 6-0 or some score like that. :biglmao:
,lol
To ky rock. Do you ever think that if your idiot fan base wouldn't get on here and act like utter idiots that everyone else in the region may not be so strongly against them. But when you have such babies like LCalumnus that can't take compliments from a devastated PHS fan base that is being nothing but nice and wishing LC good luck and then they want to start talking about how much worse it could have been. How about say thank you Paintsville fans you guys played a heck of a game and we really appreciate your kind words and congratulations? That's why people can't stand LC bc of such arrogance and ignorance such as that. And as far as the officiating goes, that joker of a 3rd base umpire has been selected to go to Lexington and umpire the state tournament, so idt he's so much of a joke or he wouldn't be chosen to do such an honor. I watched the same game as u did and I thought the officiating was good both ways. Do u honestly think u have the same view from where u was standing or sitting as he did? You couldn't tell if the kid didn't make it to the bag or missed the bag or whatever the situation was as good as the umpire that was within 8 ft of the play. Geeez such cry babies all the time.
Why does everyone from LC always have to play that what if game. You couldn't just take a compliment from the people of Paintsville that was congratulating and say Ty. You have to start some kind of disfunction and make a good post start getting into a gripe session bc that's just the LC way. Gee whiz grow up. Btw where are all of your comments tonight after the loss to JC? I'm sure the excuses are about to come flying about how the stars were twinkling and distracting your hitters, or let's use the wind excuse again or bc rain was predicted 2 weeks ago LC thought there was a chance the game wouldn't be played til Friday night. It will be something, not just that JC has spanked your tails 3 times in a row!!!!

When Paintsville or JC loses they start on the LC fans. I have figured this out watching and I'm not sure why. Is it because you are trying to cover up the fact you lost and you will be watching the 15th Region Tournament from the stands? I'm not sure but sounds like you are butt hurt or something. JC played great as expected and all 3 games there was not a spanking. All 3 games very competitive...I think spanked is when you are shut out around 6-0 or some score like that.
Does it matter if it's 6-0 or 7-3? Really? No the fact of the matter is since Chandler Shepherd has graduated JC has OWNED LC. And it doesn't make a bit of difference if it's 1 run or 10, JC for a couple years now keeps "spanking" LC's little red tails and sending them back to Louisa crying to mommy. And to be honest with you although the losses have come when it matters the most Paintsville too has gotten the best of LC post Chandler. And you copy and save this post right here until next year so you can prove me right. Paintsville will be not only a great team but a very dominate team next year with 2 of their best players not even in the lineup for this years tourney due to injuries and back and healthy next year. Matt Miller quite "possibly" the best athlete in the region not playing in 1 single game this year and Pville finishes with a 22-7 record against "very good baseball teams". Kent Phelps the lead off hitter and "arguably" the fastest kid in the region also not in the lineup, coupled with they have an 8TH grader STARTING at SS. Paintsville will DOMINATE LC next year. Believe me or don't I really don't care but when you start making your negative comments next year I'll save this and paste it on your replies to say " I told you so". Again no one on here would ever say anything negative about LC but LC is their own worst enemy bc they can't even take a compliment without saying something negative. Then when everyone starts chiming in and saying bad things about LC to defend theirselves bc LC fans STARTED the negativity then all of a sudden everyone is against poor little LC. We'll maybe the wind will help blow you a kiss like it blew the baseball out of the park "ROFL" when your headed north on 23 after your beat of of the region AGAIN post Chandler Shepherd.
You Mad? Getting on here calling people idiots Smh. When you are the one who looks like an idiot to me. Get over it there is always next year. Since LC is moving to the 60th maybe Paintsville or Sheldon Clark can actually make it to the Region again in Baseball and Basketball.
Wow you are not only an idiot but plain stupid....
Cry Much????????
I was disappointed tonight, if LC is considered the second best team in the region. I just can't believe the talent drop off from two years ago in the region.
Commanche Wrote:I was disappointed tonight, if LC is considered the second best team in the region. I just can't believe the talent drop off from two years ago in the region.

Don't think just the 15th is weak it is, but not much in 13,14 or 16th either. On the bright side, Pike Central , Allen Central and Belfry seem to be getting better and Pberg lost a ton but seem to be coming around. You would think Johnson Central with 7 or 8 seniors would be lights out. LC is young but your right they are probably second best 9 to be on the field.
Congrats to all 4 district champs. Should be a good tourney in downtown Inez.
KyRock.
No I'm not a bit mad. And you can call me whatever you like. It's a free country so have at it. Nothing I said was UNTRUE so if the shoe fits wear it. I notice that you wasn't able to dispute anything I said so the best and most unintelligent response that you could seem to muster up was by saying I was stupid. That is a good one. I guess I'll just hang my head in shame since you hurt my feelings. The truth is that if you was intelligent enough to look outside the box and see that people from all over this region get on this message board and congratulate LC quite often, and pay them compliments just to have LC fans say something negative in return. That is 100% truth. If you can see it then you are either blind or as I said before an idiot. Go back and look at how this whole thread started. People from Pville started the thread and was saying nice things only to have it turn into a bitch/whine session all bc someone from LC wanted to turn a congratulatory comment into "it could've been much worse". That right there my friend is why LC and their fan base is so hated. You all are not capable of even taking a compliment. And when you do get beat it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. From either an umpire, or a coach, or the opposing team, all the way up to and including God bc he allowed the wind to blow to hard at the wrong time and it grabbed a baseball and launched it over the fence. There was no way that the kid could've just got a good pitch to hit and crushed it out. It sounds like Christopher Lloyd flew by and caught the ball and flew it over the fence, haha!!! Hence the movie Angels In The Outfield. Only this time the are against LC. You guys are absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.
You all really need to address your anger to the person or persons that you are angry with and not take cheap shots at the kids from lc as commanche does on a regular basis. You must feel like a real man taking shots at high school kids while hiding behind "commanche" what a joke!! If you don't like lcalumnus take it up with him leave the rest of us and our kids out of your little fued. And you really might want get some professional help with your man crush on chandler. That can't be healthy!!!
[quote=Commanche]I was disappointed tonight, if LC is considered the second best team in the region. I just can't believe the talent drop off from two years ago in the region.[/QUOTE

I was disappointed to that LC would lose to JC. Nothing about them impressed me in the least. And I think if they are lucky and win region that they will choke like the basketball team. I'm not to disappointed though considering we only had 2 Seniors. And I really loved the Freshman came in and held his own considering he is a freshman. And since it is a free country got a question for Neutral and Commanche why don't you guys clean that dump up? I have seen little league fields in better shape. It shouldn't surprise me 90% of Johnson Co. looks like a dump.
Completely Neutral Wrote:KyRock.
No I'm not a bit mad. And you can call me whatever you like. It's a free country so have at it. Nothing I said was UNTRUE so if the shoe fits wear it. I notice that you wasn't able to dispute anything I said so the best and most unintelligent response that you could seem to muster up was by saying I was stupid. That is a good one. I guess I'll just hang my head in shame since you hurt my feelings. The truth is that if you was intelligent enough to look outside the box and see that people from all over this region get on this message board and congratulate LC quite often, and pay them compliments just to have LC fans say something negative in return. That is 100% truth. If you can see it then you are either blind or as I said before an idiot. Go back and look at how this whole thread started. People from Pville started the thread and was saying nice things only to have it turn into a bitch/whine session all bc someone from LC wanted to turn a congratulatory comment into "it could've been much worse". That right there my friend is why LC and their fan base is so hated. You all are not capable of even taking a compliment. And when you do get beat it's ALWAYS someone else's fault. From either an umpire, or a coach, or the opposing team, all the way up to and including God bc he allowed the wind to blow to hard at the wrong time and it grabbed a baseball and launched it over the fence. There was no way that the kid could've just got a good pitch to hit and crushed it out. It sounds like Christopher Lloyd flew by and caught the ball and flew it over the fence, haha!!! Hence the movie Angels In The Outfield. Only this time the are against LC. You guys are absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.

And got another question for you do you have a crush on Chandler or something? As much as you people mention his name you would think so. You just can't seem to get over him or something. I don't think your his type but its worht a shot. Catch up with him sometime at UK or you might want to try the Majors.
Looks guys. Plain and simple. Tigers got beat. No excuses. Some times you win....sometimes you dont. Good Luck to LC next week. Rep the 57th well.
KyRock Wrote:[quote=Commanche]I was disappointed tonight, if LC is considered the second best team in the region. I just can't believe the talent drop off from two years ago in the region.[/QUOTE

I was disappointed to that LC would lose to JC. Nothing about them impressed me in the least. And I think if they are lucky and win region that they will choke like the basketball team. I'm not to disappointed though considering we only had 2 Seniors. And I really loved the Freshman came in and held his own considering he is a freshman. And since it is a free country got a question for Neutral and Commanche why don't you guys clean that dump up? I have seen little league fields in better shape. It shouldn't surprise me 90% of Johnson Co. looks like a dump.

As a suburb of Ft. Gay I would choose my words more wisely as not to embarrass myself anymore than you already have.
As I said before KyRock. You guys are Unbelievable. Your not capable of being able to justify your arguments and PROVE any points, so you have to move on to talking about the city and county? Your a joke. And as far a Chan goes. #1. You couldn't come up with that on your own, you had to steal that from dawgfan. #2. I have forgotten more about Chandler and his family then you will ever know. I grew up with him and his whole family. Chandler is a great kid and a phenomenal baseball player, and I probably as much as anyone root for him every time he is on the mound and have went to Lexington JUST to watch him pitch on several occasions. #3. You can say that you wasn't impressed with JC all you want but if your not where does that leave your LC bunch considering JC beat you 3 out of 3 times this year? #4. No one especially me have ever said LC is not good bc they are very good. Yet you will not find anywhere in ANY of my posts to where I made excuses for Paintsville or have said ANYTHING negative about any kid or team. LC out played Pville and won fair and square. My only argument this whole time is bc MOST LC fans and you being one of them cannot win or lose graciously. You guys are unable to accept compliments, without saying how much worse it could've been. Then when you lose it's ALWAYS an excuse. Now I Challenge you to stay on task and look back through all of these previous posts from me or anyone else and prove what I just said to the contrary. I bet you can't! #5. You may wanna turn on your spell check.
Still say it something in the water.
dawg fan Wrote:You all really need to address your anger to the person or persons that you are angry with and not take cheap shots at the kids from lc as commanche does on a regular basis. You must feel like a real man taking shots at high school kids while hiding behind "commanche" what a joke!! If you don't like lcalumnus take it up with him leave the rest of us and our kids out of your little fued. And you really might want get some professional help with your man crush on chandler. That can't be healthy!!!

Don't seem to get where I took a cheap shot at anybody, just stated an opinion about the state of baseball in the region as a whole. I don't know the ages but what i do know is this is not an above average LC team as compared to say the last 10 years. As you all praise them as the next coming I expected much more than what I saw. Truthfully, I am a fan of Chandlers and any kid from the 15th region who has success, don't really understand how any of my comments could be considered Crush since I only stated "Post Chandler ..........". Fact is LC has not been successful against either of the Johnson county schools since the class of 2011 graduated. 3-6 against Paintsville and now 1-7 against JC since then, and all I ever read is how great LC is or how they got screwed or how the other team got lucky or it could have been worse.

Sounds to me like there may be some inner jealousy of Chandler brewing among the morons when you can't mention his name without it infuriating the trolls. That is sad when he is one of your own.
Don't guess you can talk about Pikeville or the Dawgs being 14-3 against the them last 17.
Commanche Wrote:Don't seem to get where I took a cheap shot at anybody, just stated an opinion about the state of baseball in the region as a whole. I don't know the ages but what i do know is this is not an above average LC team as compared to say the last 10 years. As you all praise them as the next coming I expected much more than what I saw. Truthfully, I am a fan of Chandlers and any kid from the 15th region who has success, don't really understand how any of my comments could be considered Crush since I only stated "Post Chandler ..........". Fact is LC has not been successful against either of the Johnson county schools since the class of 2011 graduated. 3-6 against Paintsville and now 1-7 against JC since then, and all I ever read is how great LC is or how they got screwed or how the other team got lucky or it could have been worse.

Sounds to me like there may be some inner jealousy of Chandler brewing among the morons when you can't mention his name without it infuriating the trolls. That is sad when he is one of your own.

you do realize that lc is 2-1 since shepherd graduated against paintsville in elimination games, right? when it really matters. right? and all we have heard down river is how wonderful the paintsville group is, yet we are 2-0 against them. so i guess lc fans can say the same as you are saying about lchs baseball...that we aren't "impressed"? or is that not allowed? seems to be the problem around here. you can have an opinion about our program, but we can't have one against anyone else's.

and for the record, i think pville is a great team. i think they were the best in the region. i also think that when our young group of players play like they did tuesday night, they are the best.
[quote=lchsalumnus]you do realize that lc is 2-1 since shepherd graduated against paintsville in elimination games, right? when it really matters. right? and all we have heard down river is how wonderful the paintsville group is, yet we are 2-0 against them. so i guess lc fans can say the same as you are saying about lchs baseball...that we aren't "impressed"? or is that not allowed? seems to be the problem around here. you can have an opinion about our program, but we can't have one against anyone else's.

and for the record, i think pville is a great team. i think they were the best in the region. i also think that when our young group of players play like they did tuesday night, they are the best.[/QUOTE]

Yet JC is 1-1 against Pville and 3-0 against LC this year, have only lost 1 game in the region all year (18-1 to be exact),and are handily district champions.....What a stupid statement, possibly the dumbest one you've ever posted, (which takes in a massive amount of territory, BTW)....lol
lchsalumnus Wrote:you do realize that lc is 2-1 since shepherd graduated against paintsville in elimination games, right? when it really matters. right? and all we have heard down river is how wonderful the paintsville group is, yet we are 2-0 against them. so i guess lc fans can say the same as you are saying about lchs baseball...that we aren't "impressed"? or is that not allowed? seems to be the problem around here. you can have an opinion about our program, but we can't have one against anyone else's.

and for the record, i think pville is a great team. i think they were the best in the region. i also think that when our young group of players play like they did tuesday night, they are the best.

1. That means your number one pitcher must be pretty good. It means that you are 1-6 when it wasnt elimination right. This is a team sport and anyone who knows about baseball knows anything can happen on a given day.

2. What Seger said! There is simply no dispute about the best team in the region this year. That being said, the best team doesnt always win region.

Your post along with your buddys continue to prove me and Completely Neutral right. I think LC does have probably the best coach in the region in my opinion and surprise, I think Mike Hall is a very close second. He does what he does year in and year out without much of a feeder program.
kdrn Wrote:Don't guess you can talk about Pikeville or the Dawgs being 14-3 against the them last 17.

Buddy, I have no ties to Pikeville at this time. They are a young group with a ton of talent however. They cannot retain players from year to year, that is why they are so young, but if the current team stays together they will be a region champ at some point before they graduate.

Also if I am LC, I dont want Pikeville in the first round this year for sure. Jake will send you home for the summer and to have any chance to win, you will have to use #1 out of the gate. I wouldnt guarantee a win if you face PC either with Justice on the mound. I personally would like to see a Pikeville vs. LC first round game.

Honestly, I dont think anyone in the region has the staff other than JC to win it all and will be surprised if they dont. But like I said that is why you play the games.
Hamilton is a great pitcher that won't be pikevilles problem. Their problem will be scoring runs they have been shut out 5 times this year (lc once by paintsville) they have scored 2 runs or less 11 times. Hamilton can't stay on the mound for ever.
Don't know enough about pcc to commit on them but we welcome the challenge. It really does not matter who you play you have to beat them all to win it all.
Commanche Wrote:Buddy, I have no ties to Pikeville at this time. They are a young group with a ton of talent however. They cannot retain players from year to year, that is why they are so young, but if the current team stays together they will be a region champ at some point before they graduate.

Also if I am LC, I dont want Pikeville in the first round this year for sure. Jake will send you home for the summer and to have any chance to win, you will have to use #1 out of the gate. I wouldnt guarantee a win if you face PC either with Justice on the mound. I personally would like to see a Pikeville vs. LC first round game.

Honestly, I dont think anyone in the region has the staff other than JC to win it all and will be surprised if they dont. But like I said that is why you play the games.

Buddy, yes they do but not a bit more than Paintsville so I wouldn't put trophy on the shelf yet.
Jake will be Jake and I would use Wallen who can match him pitch for pitch. Pikeville not much of a chance without him.
I like Justice and sure he will pitch well. Happen to believe the best team in Pike Co is Belfry. They have some quality wins under the belt that the other 2 don't have and like to see what they could do with Jake. JC should have the arms and legs. How many kids do they have to choose from anyway. You would think nobody could come close to them.