Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 6, Paintsville 0 (57th district tournament)
With him they probably just need a couple of runs, that is a walk, a passed ball and a couple bloops. The fact is the 57th isn't a lock to win every game. I will say they should be favored but you better not pitch around them. As for PC they may need 3 or 4 runs but Justice can beat anybody on a given night and Lawson can manufacture 2 or 3 runs.

I watched Prestonsburg and Belfry both pitch around Paintsville two years ago and got sent home early. That should serve as a warning to everybody. JC has the deepest staff and should win it barring their bats deserting them.
Bob Seger Wrote:[quote=lchsalumnus]you do realize that lc is 2-1 since shepherd graduated against paintsville in elimination games, right? when it really matters. right? and all we have heard down river is how wonderful the paintsville group is, yet we are 2-0 against them. so i guess lc fans can say the same as you are saying about lchs baseball...that we aren't "impressed"? or is that not allowed? seems to be the problem around here. you can have an opinion about our program, but we can't have one against anyone else's.

and for the record, i think pville is a great team. i think they were the best in the region. i also think that when our young group of players play like they did tuesday night, they are the best.[/QUOTE]

Yet JC is 1-1 against Pville and 3-0 against LC this year, have only lost 1 game in the region all year (18-1 to be exact),and are handily district champions.....What a stupid statement, possibly the dumbest one you've ever posted, (which takes in a massive amount of territory, BTW)....lol

stupid statement? it's my opinion. jchs has like 6 or 7 seniors, correct? both paintsville and lc are very young, mostly sophomores. jchs probably has the best underclassmen on the mound though in hitchcock. i think lawrence has the best young hitter in the region in turner. paintsville has the most intimidating player in the region in kash.
Don't forget Miller who couldn't play this year. He is a great player all around.
Commanche Wrote:Don't forget Miller who couldn't play this year. He is a great player all around.

matt miller may be, but who knows if this injury will put him back a bit. i will agree he has the potential to be the best player, overall. but for right now i will stand by the three i put there. if miller comes back healthy and back to normal then paintsville should have the best team. doesn't always equate to wins, because i thought pville was a better overall offensive team than lc this year and wallen shut them down.
lchsalumnus Wrote:[quote=Bob Seger]

stupid statement? it's my opinion. jchs has like 6 or 7 seniors, correct? both paintsville and lc are very young, mostly sophomores. jchs probably has the best underclassmen on the mound though in hitchcock. i think lawrence has the best young hitter in the region in turner. paintsville has the most intimidating player in the region in kash.

What does their grades have to do with anything?...You said best team for this year, did you not?....I agree that Pville will be a very strong team in the future, but for this year the team that has EARNED the best team distinction in the region currently stands with an 18-1 regional record up to this point. ......However as mentioned , the best team doesn't always win.....Too bad that when you get to this point that there isn't time enough to do a series of games to advance further on down the road...Would love for high school baseball to be set up more where one single good pitcher does not have the ability to knock a very good team out of contention early.....Best all around position player in the future may very well be freshman Geordan Blanton by the time he is a senior....8th Grade catcher Blake Gambill already handles himself like a seasoned veteran...He has progressed leaps and bounds throughout the year, and from what I have seen there is not one catcher in the 15th region regardless of class that I would trade him for....JC has two pitchers that at this time that may be the best underclassmen.....Better add 8th grader Tate Meade to that too....JC has their top 3 starters, (which is the regions best overall staff this year returning next year as well). With Miller coming back next year for Paintsville, Johnson Co./Paintsville (Rice, Daniel, and Miller) as a whole will be absolutely pitcher poor. Bottom line, you better not count JC out for next year either. 57th will be tough and all out war with those two again.
I have a headache.
Commanche you are a headache.
Dawgfan, I am not even from the 57th and you guys don't like it when someone calls you all out for exuses, arrogance and ignorance on this site who is Completely Neutral and only has a passing interest in the 57th.

What I don't get is how you cannot read posts from other schools and see how pathetic some of you look on here. Seger must be right it is in the water. Do you ever see me getting on any other school? The answer is no because all the stupidity shows up in a select few on here!