Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 5A Final Draft Alignment 2015-2018
Wildcat18 Wrote:That explains it. Burning up the keyboard without knowing all the facts. We all do it. :flame::devilflam

That's exactly right! Dang me for not knowing the final outcome of an 8th grade game on August 3rd of last year. FML. :biglmao:
eagles2011 Wrote:I think cov cath gets over the hump this year are next and beats highlands , good coach and bunch of young talent ,

Highlands brings back a lot of talent this year, so I do not expect Cov Cath to get by them this year, but not sure about the following year.
sstack Wrote:Highlands brings back a lot of talent this year, so I do not expect Cov Cath to get by them this year, but not sure about the following year.
Don't know about that. I'm a Cov Cath supporter with a huge amount of respect for the Highlands program, but I'm here to tell you that this CCH team has a ton of talent as well.

When starting Senior after starting Senior began to go down early last year, it was a group of Soph's and Juniors who filled the void and helped the team to a 10-3 record.

I would expect this years game to be very entertaining. Something they admittedly have not been the past few years.
bluedad1 Wrote:Don't know about that. I'm a Cov Cath supporter with a huge amount of respect for the Highlands program, but I'm here to tell you that this CCH team has a ton of talent as well.

When starting Senior after starting Senior began to go down early last year, it was a group of Soph's and Juniors who filled the void and helped the team to a 10-3 record.

I would expect this years game to be very entertaining. Something they admittedly have not been the past few years.

I have ton of respect for Cov Cath too, and I agree that this years game should be very entertaining. I think the difference will be Highlands skill players; they are loaded at WR (hopefully Feggins returns!), RB, and have stud QB. They will put big points on the board, the question is can new coach shore up the D. I hear that top athletes might see more time on the field on O and D, which I fully agree with. It is going to be a fun year to see how it unfolds. Highlands closet is far from being bare for this coming season and it will be a smooth transition with the new coach.
bluedad1 Wrote:Don't know about that. I'm a Cov Cath supporter with a huge amount of respect for the Highlands program, but I'm here to tell you that this CCH team has a ton of talent as well.

Cov Cath is pretty much always at least a top 10 team in Kentucky. The Cov Cath Highlands game has been pretty close most years (playoff game more so). I don't think its this year though....should be close though. hate to say it but I think after this year Highlands will be the underdog for a few years in this rivalry.
Look forward to years of highlands/ bowling green match ups. The bluebirds will finally have a challenger year in and year out compared to the weaker 4A class. Seeing Covington Cath move up was a nice addition.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Region 1

District 1- Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Marshall County, Owensboro
District 2- Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Greenwood

Region 2

District 3- Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, Nelson County, North Bullitt, Oldham County, South Oldham
District 4- Atherton, Doss, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Southern

Region 3

District 5- Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Grant County, Highlands
District 6- Anderson County, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, Woodford County

Region 4

District 7- Lincoln County, Pulaski County, Southwestern, South Laurel
District 8- Harlan County, Letcher County, North Laurel, Perry County, Whitley County

Thoughts?

District 5 is loaded, I think Highlands and CC will be playing 2x a year once in the regional finals
1/4bak Wrote:District 5 is loaded, I think Highlands and CC will be playing 2x a year once in the regional finals

Nothing new!
Several of the District 8 teams should be much improved this year.