Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 8 Tates Creek 4
JC uses a HUGE top of the 5th inning to get 5 runs across the plate to get the biggest win in the history of JC's baseball program.

This is our 2nd win ever in the state tournament!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Respect the 15th baby!!!!

Grats jc !!!!

Show them what the 57th is all about !!!
Biggest win in school history in any sport, I dare say.

Taking down the #1 team in the state.

Tates Creek decided to hold back their ace and they paid for it. Gotta respect every team when you get to this level, and they did not.
Congrats JC! Great Job but more work to be done!
Congrats JC!! I love seeing all these south eastern teams winning.
Way to go Eagles :Cheerlead Awesome baby :Thumbs:
Congrats on the W Eagles. Keep it rolling…

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Great job eagles keep it up best of luck in thr next round, hope you bring the title back to the 15 region and the 57 district. Once again great job!!
Congrats Golden Eagles!!!

15th region has represented well in the state tourney over the past several years.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC uses a HUGE top of the 5th inning to get 5 runs across the plate to get the biggest win in the history of JC's baseball program.

This is our 2nd win ever in the state tournament!!!!

Pulp is losing it….this is for you dj:

Congrats on the win JC and keep it rolling ….
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Mountain team pride.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Where's that big mouth KHSAA Blue???

He don't have much to say tonight.......
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
^Probably getting ready to call more games in the 15th again this year.

Congrats JC, I know Seger has to be proud!
ON MOUNTAIN TEAMS!!!! It is just like the SEC, I cheer for the mountain teams in championship playoff games. Congrats to JC and SL!!!
I think both Blanton and Meade (and correct me if I'm wrong) went just three innings, with Ward closing out the 7th. We don't play again until Thursday night, so as I understand it, should not both pitchers again be available after one day of rest for the next game?

Meade pitched a huge game for an 8th grader against the state's top-ranked team on the biggest stage. Sky's the limit.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Where's that big mouth KHSAA Blue???

He don't have much to say tonight.......

I'm still around....BTW. do you have any salt for this bird that I'm getting ready to eat?? :igiveup: Congratulations to JC's baseball team, coaches, and administration....winning a game like this couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys... And, if you've seen the movie RED2, you'll recognize the following quote, "No, I didn't see that one coming". :biggrin: You may not believe this but FWIW, I'm very glad that I was so wrong. Mountain teams showed up better than I expected The 13th and 14th region won their first round games also and only Boyd Co. got buzzsawed. If JC does not win state, I hope one of them does.
Wow way to go jc. Great job representing the 15th region and eastern ky
Congrat's to JC!
Awesome job these really are a great bunch of kids and coaches. Hope they can win a few more games!!!!
Congrats JC it was fun to watch. Hope all the mountain teams keep winning! Congrats to Seger!
I think Seger warned some of you!!!!!
KHSAA Blue Wrote:I'm still around....BTW. do you have any salt for this bird that I'm getting ready to eat?? :igiveup: Congratulations to JC's baseball team, coaches, and administration....winning a game like this couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys... And, if you've seen the movie RED2, you'll recognize the following quote, "No, I didn't see that one coming". :biggrin: You may not believe this but FWIW, I'm very glad that I was so wrong. Mountain teams showed up better than I expected The 13th and 14th region won their first round games also and only Boyd Co. got buzzsawed. If JC does not win state, I hope one of them does.

Gee Blue, you just took all of the fun out of what I had ready to toast you with.....haha

Anyways thanks.:Thumbs:
Diogenes Wrote:I think both Blanton and Meade (and correct me if I'm wrong) went just three innings, with Ward closing out the 7th. We don't play again until Thursday night, so as I understand it, should not both pitchers again be available after one day of rest for the next game?

Meade pitched a huge game for an 8th grader against the state's top-ranked team on the biggest stage. Sky's the limit.

Yep, the whole staff is still eligible.
Panther Thunder Wrote:^Probably getting ready to call more games in the 15th again this year.

Congrats JC, I know Seger has to be proud!

I sure am PT...Thank you very much!!
Diogenes Wrote:Biggest win in school history in any sport, I dare say.

Taking down the #1 team in the state.

Tates Creek decided to hold back their ace and they paid for it. Gotta respect every team when you get to this level, and they did not.

Could very well have been a different game Diogenes, but even when they put him in, JC was still very much able to put the bat on the ball.

Man that team is loaded with offensive talent and athleticism though....Incredible bloodlines in that lineup.
Was surprised they didn't go to him after the first 3 runs and went to McCoy instead. By the time they finally brought in Hart, the damage had pretty much been done.

Let's hope we bring those bats again Thursday night!!!
Congrats JC way to represent the 57th and the 15th now go win a few more
Way to go Eagles! Mountain region has been no joke across the sporting world in 2013-2014.
This game was a thing of beauty. Johnson Central played an outstanding game from the very beginning. Putting up a few runs in the 1st really set the tone that they were there to not only compete but to win. I'm a firm believer in throwing your best pitcher available, because you can't win the tournament if you don't advance and had Hart thrown the entire game who knows how it would've turned out. People have different philosophies though so I'm sure Fucci thought it was the best move for his team. Hart threw a complete game against Madison Central in the Regional Championship and it's tough coming off 3 days rest especially at this level. I can see why he did what he did.

The pitchers from JC competed all night long and got out of some serious tough spots. Their composure was incredible and they gave their team a chance to win against arguably the best offensive lineup in the state, and that's all you can ask for. Blanton, Meade, and Ward all competed every single pitch and enough cannot be said about that. Congrats on a great outing to all three.

Also Chaynse Hill made some crucial plays at 1st Base tonight. The double play late IMO sealed the deal for the JC win and completed stopped a potential big inning when Creek had runners on 1st and 2nd with nobody out. If I'm not mistaken he had a couple hits and 2 or 3 RBI's as well.

Overall solid solid team win for Coach Hall's bunch. I was thinking back and this could possibly be one of the biggest wins the 15th Region has had in a long time. Games have been won in state tournaments in recent memory but I can't think of anything that matches up with an upset against the #1 team in the state literally from Pre-Season until now. That's why the play the game I guess. Congrats to Johnson Central on a tremendous victory and best of luck on Thursday against St. Xavier.
The 13th, 14th, and 15th all win there first round games.
Amazing.