Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region, 2015
How does this one shape up? For me it looks like this.
1.) South Laurel--Graduate a couple good kids, including pitcher Austin Vigeant, but return the rest of their pitching, plus their entire infield which is by far the best in this area. A clear cut favorite.
2.) North Laurel--Also graduate just a couple, and returns all of their pitching from a formidable staff. Probably the only real threat to stop a South repeat.
3.) Knox Central--Only lose one starter, bring all their pitching back. Keep waiting for them to break through, should be closer next year.
After that it gets really murky for me, because a lot of good pitching was lost from the other teams. Clay loses Allen and Hoskins, Corbin loses Goins and both Combs', Harlan Co. graduates Leisge and Cornett, Middlesboro loses Crawford. If I had to make a list I would go 4. Middlesboro, 5. Whitley Co.,
6. Harlan Co., 7. Corbin, 8. Clay Co.
North and South are definitely the favorites but I'm not sure I would rank corbin and clay down so low. If u remember both were ranked low in the preseason rankings last season and both surprised everyone. Ledington has always done well at corbin and I thinks it's time we give Smith some credit at clay. Both lost a lot but they will find a way to win. Harlan co is also well coached and return Sizemore who can beat anyone.
Don't disagree about the coaches, especially Jason who I think does a great job. Just the teams I ranked above them have a bit more proven pitching coming back. If some young arms develop, then these teams will be right in the mix.
With our loses, I still think that we are the favorite to win our district. The team in this district to watch out for is Bell County. They lose no one. Middlesboro has problems, not only do they lose the seniors, I hear they have lost 3 other starters due to transfers and injury. What is going on at that school, everyone is leaving from players to coaches and teachers.
Flicka Wrote:With our loses, I still think that we are the favorite to win our district. The team in this district to watch out for is Bell County. They lose no one. Middlesboro has problems, not only do they lose the seniors, I hear they have lost 3 other starters due to transfers and injury. What is going on at that school, everyone is leaving from players to coaches and teachers.

Who all has transferred besides Cole Frazier?
We were in Knoxville for a summer ball game and the Millet kids dad said he is going to play in Knoxville this year.
I agree with VanHagar's rankings. But it's a long season and anyone can climb to the top. All depends on how deep the pitching is for each team. Knox and North have a variety of good arms.
Bell will be much better! Everything back!!! :redboxer:
I don't think that they will make it out of district.. Will be better, but one and done comes district time..
Jacket Man did the Millett kid leave? I thought his dad want the girls job?

On a side note why is Brock not getting his shoulder fix. I saw where he is playing FB. If the injury is as bad as being told he is taking a big chance on a college career in baseball. What is the thought process of this move. Could really hurt M'boro baseball.
Bell will beat Middlesboro.

How can Brock pass a FB physical? The school will be liable for playing a kid they know is hurt. Brock is a baseball player, I have seen him several times. Never seen him play football. His path out is baseball.
Jackets may lose another, brother to a FB player , they may both be moving.
Xerxes Wrote:Jackets may lose another, brother to a FB player , they may both be moving.

Wow who is that.
Top team in 13th?
WhyLie Wrote:Jacket Man did the Millett kid leave? I thought his dad want the girls job?

On a side note why is Brock not getting his shoulder fix. I saw where he is playing FB. If the injury is as bad as being told he is taking a big chance on a college career in baseball. What is the thought process of this move. Could really hurt M'boro baseball.
Millett did leave, have heard everything about Brock's shoulder. Hell of a football player. Kid has speed.
ArJay Wrote:Bell will be much better! Everything back!!! :redboxer:

If by back, you mean back to losing!!! That's not going to happen.
South, Knox, North

South will be the team to beat Knox and North return a lot of pitching from last year and give them the best chance to knock off South

Corbin, Middlesborro, and Clay will be in the mix as well
kcfan#1 Wrote:South, Knox, North

South will be the team to beat Knox and North return a lot of pitching from last year and give them the best chance to knock off South

Corbin, Middlesborro, and Clay will be in the mix as well

Middlesboro is in the mix but not Harlan County?
For Knox to improve they have got to start hitting the ball.
insideinfo Wrote:For Knox to improve they have got to start hitting the ball.
I agree thats been one of our biggest things we are not consistent at.... with all that is coming back I think they will be able to hit the ball as good as anyone in the 13th
HCS Wrote:Middlesboro is in the mix but not Harlan County?

Middlesboro will not be in any mix for any title. Not district or region.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Middlesboro will not be in any mix for any title. Not district or region.

Bring back Bill Powell, before it is to late.
South Laurel will be dominant for the most part.Good pitching and well coached team.Should come out of the region as champions in 2015.
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:South Laurel will be dominant for the most part.Good pitching and well coached team.Should come out of the region as champions in 2015.

Hard to beat good coaching.
I expect South Laurel to score more runs this year. They were definitely the best team last year, but even with playing four extra games, there were four other teams that scored a lot more runs than they did. Their pitching staff bailed them out last year all through the post season and if their offense can catch up(which I'm certain they will), there is no reason why this team couldn't make a huge run and end up playing for a state title this year. A lot of it has to do with the state tournament pairings and what pitchers will need to be used and when, and if that end of it goes smooth, then I can definitely see them being there. I still think Madison Central wins a state title this year, but it's baseball and teams get upset every year. It actually wouldn't shock me at all to see Gene Combs' Madison Southern team pull an upset this year and help everybody out. That's one team that will do a quick 180 just by having him at the helm.
Hard to say
We will see what happens
If Knox Co hits the ball well and has a stroke of luck come May they could pull an upset somewhere. North has in my mind the best pitching staff, and South has the best overall talent in the region. Clay has to replace Hoskins and Allen, but they are young and scrappy. Smith always does a good job.
South Laurel is the team to beat and North Laurel isn't far behind. Knox Central will be good, but still playing catch-up to the two Laurel schools. I like Middlesboro, too.
Corbin will have one of its worse seasons it has had in a while.

Cause Dew said so.
Hearing South is getting a couple new additions this year. Major help.