How do you...
like to prepare your fresh caught fish?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
We start off with a little exercise.

[Image: http://www.memehead.com/images/2013/Janu...820642.jpg]
I usually let Long Johns handle all of my fish prep
Deep fried, with hush puppy and coleslaw!
^^
And fried taters...DON'T forget the fried taters!!!

I've fried fresh fish so many ways over my lifetime, I would be hard pressed to determine my favorite way!! I don't like to use a heavy coating or seasoning on them because I like the taste of the fish itself. That said, you can do a mild batter to use to deep fry them, and OMG!!!

Long Johns' makes me ill just to smell them from the outside. Wayyy to much grease!
By throwing it back into the water.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:By throwing it back into the water.

I do this enough as it is and double thumbs up on the response. I'm talking a good panfish, crappie, catfish, etc. I release most all largemouths I catch.

I'm with Granny on the light breading. For bluegill I use the spoon for de-scaling and a good knife separate head and guts. I'm a huge fan of the fish with skin and fins on deep fried when it comes to bluegill. Salt and pepper in cornmeal after a quick dip in egg and we're walking.

Same applies to catfish after an overnight soak in milk. I've used the salt water method soak before and just think the milk makes for a better tasting fish.

Store bought salmon is a different critter. We use olive oil, garlic and onion powder on the grill over foil. Roughie, cod, and other light white fish we simply use a little olive oil with salt, pepper, lemon juice in the skillet. Home run on the hush puppies PN. What's your recipe?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I spend the exact amount of time fishing that I do performing brain surgery!
Believe it or not I'm not that big of a fish eater. Don't like hush puppies but I do love Shrimp
If it smells like Fish, I eat it!!!
I do like some good shrimp