Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devotionals
Ephesians 4:29
King James Version (KJV)
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Corrupt communication. That's a broad spectrum isn't it. Cursing, bad mouthing, talking about someone, etc. all of that falls under that category. Here the bible Tells us to use the things that come out of our mouths to edify or instruct the hearers on what to do. As long as we say what The Lord puts on our hearts to say we may be able to shine the light of salvation on someone that needs it. I also think you can throw in there corrupt actions as well. I mean it's common sense. You may not realize it but the world does watch the Christians. And most of the time if a Christian messes up they will point it out in a hurry. So be sure you are shining your light the best you can and be an example for The Lord. God bless!!!!
Feel free to post your favorite scripture and thoughts on it. Let's help spread the GOSPEL!! GOD BLESS!!!
I like your first choice skully!! I actually believe that gossip and all the other things provided by the two edged sword, has actually done more to hurt the idea of Christianity than any other single thing.

I personally, don't mind the cursing! Wink But it really bothers me to hear a person verbally bullying another. One never knows what that person sitting beside of you is currently having to battle. I feel like it's MY job to not only lift that person by prayer or communication, but to live the kind of life that makes me WANT to do that. To have the desire to make another feel better or to help them in some way or another.

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Matthew 7:12
If you haven't watched the movie Facing the Giants I will recommend it. It's a Christian movie that has powerful meaning and it's about football. It's nothing fancy and it's a low budget film, but anyway, there is a part on the movie where the coach is struggling with getting his team on the right page. A gentleman comes in the school everyday and prays for the children while passing by the lockers. On this particular day he went into the coaches office. The coach then asked him what could be going on. Here is what the man said. Have you prepared your field for the rain?? Its just a sentence but it carries a big meaning in my eyes. If we are praying for something what do we do after we pray for it. Most would say nothing. In most cases there is nothing you can do but certain things we pray for we can start preparing for it before it even happens. This is called faith. We must have the faith that no matter what we pray for that if it is the Lords will, then it will come to pass. Prepare your fields for the rain. The Lord is wanting to raindown his blessing on you. Have the faith that The Lord will pour out his rain on your prayer field and your prayers will be answered and your blessing will grow. GOD BLESS!!!!
Great Work!! Keep Spreading the Gospel!!
skully03 Wrote:If you haven't watched the movie Facing the Giants I will recommend it. It's a Christian movie that has powerful meaning and it's about football. It's nothing fancy and it's a low budget film, but anyway, there is a part on the movie where the coach is struggling with getting his team on the right page. A gentleman comes in the school everyday and prays for the children while passing by the lockers. On this particular day he went into the coaches office. The coach then asked him what could be going on. Here is what the man said. Have you prepared your field for the rain?? Its just a sentence but it carries a big meaning in my eyes. If we are praying for something what do we do after we pray for it. Most would say nothing. In most cases there is nothing you can do but certain things we pray for we can start preparing for it before it even happens. This is called faith. We must have the faith that no matter what we pray for that if it is the Lords will, then it will come to pass. Prepare your fields for the rain. The Lord is wanting to raindown his blessing on you. Have the faith that The Lord will pour out his rain on your prayer field and your prayers will be answered and your blessing will grow. GOD BLESS!!!!
Great movie. I watch it about 1-2 times a month. I use it as a teaching tool for my 9 y/o son, he reminds me a lot of Brock (#54). I keep telling him that he is a huge influence over his peers much like Brock. I tell him to use his influence the same way Brock does in the end of the movie. He loves the movie as much as I do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Great movie. I watch it about 1-2 times a month. I use it as a teaching tool for my 9 y/o son, he reminds me a lot of Brock (#54). I keep telling him that he is a huge influence over his peers much like Brock. I tell him to use his influence the same way Brock does in the end of the movie. He loves the movie as much as I do.
You can also use Brock as an example of being a brick wall for The Lord. A good wall has to have a good foundation. Wihout a good solid foundation, which is The Lord a person is bound to fall.
Good to hear from you Scully. You cool with me sharing dailyword devotionals in this thread or should I keep them in church101? I'm good either way.

Be blessed and have a great weekend!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Good to hear from you Scully. You cool with me sharing dailyword devotionals in this thread or should I keep them in church101? I'm good either way.

Be blessed and have a great weekend!

This is for everyone that wants to use it spirit 100.
I think you two would be great together!!

Wink
Romans 12:2
King James Version (KJV)
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

This is one my favorite scriptures in the bible. Let's take the first part where it says and be not conformed to this world. In this old sin filled world there are so Many things that people can get into. We have bars, night clubs, etc. places that are known for their drinking and partying. Those are the Worldly things that sentence is talking about. The Lord does not want you to take part in those kind of things or in anything that may dim your light. That's where the rest of the scripture comes in. I won't type it all out but it starts out by saying "be ye transformed". That means The Lord wants us to be different and to not do the things the world is doing. Let's face it if we are a Christian are we shining our light like we should if someone sees us staggering out of a bar. You don't have to be staggering. Someone could just see you and immediately your light for God has been dimmed. Stay unspotted from the sins of this world. The Bible already tells us that we sin daily even if we don't know it so I don't need to be adding to that on purpose. DONT BLEND IN WITH THE WORLD, STAND OUT AND STAND UP FOR THE LORD!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!
2 Timothy CH 4:3-4 KJV
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

This scripture is so true in todays world.. So many people has turned away from what the BIBLE says just because they want to believe the way they want to believe...Its so sad that some people think a little bit of sin is alright and that some think that going to church and bearing good fruits has nothing to do with going to heaven... that's why we have brothers and sisters in the church so they can help us and we can help them...Once again that's where people give into the devil and stay at home when they should be at church....so many have turned from the sound doctrine and have chose to satisfy their own lusts instead of satisfying GOD....
GOD BLESS!!!!!
http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/surre...er-21-2013

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
1 John 2:1
King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

We, Gods creation are like little children to Him. Earlier in 1 John ch 1 the bible tells us all of us sin and if we say we do not sin then we lie. But here in ch 2 it gives us the cure of sin. It is Jesus Christ. It tells us that God would rather we don't sin but if we do then we have an advocate with the Father in Jesus Christ. All sin and come short of the Glory of God. We are human and when nature takes it course we seem to lose sight of the spiritual side of our selves. The key is to take all that you have done and lay it at Jesus's feet. Ask The Lord to forgive you each and everyday like the bible says to do. My God is a just God and your sins Will be cast into the sea of forgetfulness never to be remembered by God. GOD BLESS!!!!!
For those of you who enjoy reading these, if you have Facebook please look up the face book page for my church. It's under the name Philadelphia United Baptist. Don't put church on the end of it. It's a public page so check it out and give us a like to help spread the Gospel. Thanks and God Bless!!!!!
Hebrews 10:31
King James Version (KJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Could you imagine, if you are a sinner, what it is going to be like when your time comes to leave this sin filled world and you have fallen into the hands of the living God and you haven't been saved. Think about it. He will say "depart from me ye worker of inquity for I never knew he". WOW!!! How would you feel?? Knowing that then you would be cast into the LAKE OF FIRE where you will die and die and never die. You will be burning for eternity. But that does not have to happen. You can change your future now if you would only open up your heart and allow Jesus Christ to come in. Believe that he has came and walked the earth and laid down his life of his own free will FOR YOU. He then was placed in a barrowed tomb and then he arose conquering DEATH, HELL, and the Grave so that you may have eternal life. He is wanting you to open your heart to him NOW. FOR TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEART. ITS TIME TO MAKE THAT DECISION. AN ETERNITY IN HEAVEN WITH YOUR CREATOR OR AN ETERNITY IN THAT LAKE OF FIRE CALLED HELL!!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
FRIDAY= end of the work week, beginning of the weekend, a time to rest from the work week, Friday night lights for highschool football, but most important of all it's another day The Lord above has blessed us with to honor Him and to give him praise. God is good all the time. God bless!!!!
Tell you one thing; the last several days have been gorgeous here in the mountains. You can see changes beginning already in the coloration.

So not only are we blessed with another day; we are blessed with some of the most beautiful sights and scenery on the planet.

I'm so thankful that the Lord allowed me to live my life in these mountains!!
James 1:13
King James Version (KJV)
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Christians, if you are going through a trial in your life or some kind of temptation just remember this scripture. Don't ask why God is doing it to you. This scripture tells us that when you are tempted it is NOT OF GOD. God does not tempt his children to try to get them to fall. He may place decisions in your life to test your faith but he never places temptation for sin in front of you. It all comes from the devil. And remember the scripture before this one also.

James 1:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

This one is telling us what is waiting for us when we endure the temptations. We will have a crown of life waiting for us. But we have to endure it and turn away from it always looking to The Lord. Hang on to Gods unchanging hand and there is a better home waiting for you on the other side. God bless you all.
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Patience...yet another thorn in my side!
Wink
Romans 6:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Sin brings forth death and if you die in your sins HELL will be you home...But, if you turn your life over to GOD he will give you the gift of eternal life...Its so easy to say well, I will change my ways tomorrow or next week, but we are not promised the next breath let along to open our eyes up in the morning....It doesn't matter if you are a good moral person, if you are not saved you WILL NOT make it to HEAVEN...If I was able to save you my friends I would but it does not work that way.... That is where free will comes in.. God will not force you to serve him... That is a personal choice you have to make.... But it is up to all Christians to shine you the light to light up the path you need to take....The Lord has supplied all of your needs and has blessed a lot of you with the most precious gift in your children...But most of all HE LAYED down his life freely on the cross, took three nails in his hands and feet, was forced to wear a crown of thorns, and was beaten beyond recognition FOR ALL OF US!!!!!! He gave it all so we ALL could be free... NOW all he wants is for you to believe on HIM.....Believe that he died on the cross, was placed in a tomb and on the third and appointed day he arose conquering DEATH, HELL, and the GRAVE.....Open your heart and live for him so you can hear those words " Enter in thou good and faithful servant, you have been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many." If NOT you will hear " DEPART from me ye worker of iniquity for I have never knew ye." GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!
Suggestions for any self help spiritual guides.
My niece got me a daily devotional guide for Christmas one year. It had been a devastating year for both of us, so she found one that focused on my particular issue. It was a great help!

Is that what you're talking about, or were you talking about something else?
Calmness

THROUGH THE CHRIST WITHIN, I FIND MY CALM.

When his frightened disciples awakened Jesus in the middle of a storm, he stilled the sea. As he quieted the waves, he bestowed upon the disciples a feeling of security and assurance.

The presence within Jesus that stilled the storm is the Christ Presence. Centered in my Christ Presence, I, too, find a place of calm despite inner or outer turbulence.

As I turn to the Christ within, I am undaunted by the storms I experience in life. To every tempestuous thought, every fearful report, every disturbing situation, I say, “Peace. Be still,” and watch as it subsides. I find my calm as I attune to the serene presence of the Christ.

He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm.—Mark 4:39

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
LUKE 2:1-21 KJV

1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2 ( And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David: )
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

Continue to remember the reason for the season. I thank God He sent his only son to this earth to give me Eternal life. Eternal life that I didn't deserve, but Jesus loved me enough to die on that Old Rugged cross so that one day I could spend eternity with him. God bless you all
Acts 18:9 KJV
[9] Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

Absolutely love this verse. Seems like most Christians now days want to sit back and let sin take over. Some churches even are letting it get in the churches and everyone is afraid to speak up. We see that Paul was bold in his writings of the Good book. The Lord even told him in the above scripture to hold not thy peace but to speak and to not be afraid. May we all strive to be more like Paul and speak against sin. Let's stand for what we believe in and tell everyone what God is all about. Seems like the non believers stand up for their beliefs well, so should we. Paul was no different than what we are today. He never walked with Lord, we haven't either (in the physical sense). He had to pray and die daily. So do we. Let's be as bold as Paul. God bless you all.
Acts 7:51 KJV
[51] Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did , so do ye.

One thing I've noticed in my time as a Christian is a lot of people say, well, my daddy or my grandpa said this is what the bible means. We need to get away from the book of daddy or grandpa or a hither human. Traditions are good but some traditions involving the spiritual side of things are wrong. We must not resist the Holy Ghost and we need to quit being so stiffenecked as the scripture says or stubborn. Even the bible says to study to show yourself approved. Get in the word for yourself and find out the meaning of the scriptures. Sometimes the book of daddy is wrong.
For those who may have Facebook, check out my churches page. It's under the name The Philadelphia Church. Feel free to post any prayer request that you would want help praying for. Give us a like and God bless.