Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron to exercise early termination option, become free agent
[YOUTUBE="Should I Stay or Should I go?"]?v=LZk_HnE-cdU[/YOUTUBE]

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihea...tscenterfb
All three opt out, restructure, and sign Kyle Lowry
Stardust Wrote:All three opt out, restructure, and sign Kyle Lowry

Does that mean the end for Chalmers in a Heat jersey?

I honestly think D-Wade opts in and gets paid.
Lebron and Carmelo join forces and go somewhere.
I was reading on another forum that possibly they all 3 opt out and take less money too make room for someone else.
In my own opinion wade is done.
zaga_fan Wrote:Does that mean the end for Chalmers in a Heat jersey?

I honestly think D-Wade opts in and gets paid.

Wade will sign a four year deal for 60, thus still getting paid. He can't get more than that anywhere else. Resigning for $12M in Florida with no state income tax would be like signing for $16M with another team, thus, he opts out! If he doesn't, there is no way he rides the Lebron Express - NO CHANCE!

And Bosh is going no where else. He'd resign for $8M if they pushed it!
Stardust Wrote:Wade will sign a four year deal for 60, thus still getting paid. He can't get more than that anywhere else. Resigning for $12M in Florida with no state income tax would be like signing for $16M with another team, thus, he opts out! If he doesn't, there is no way he rides the Lebron Express - NO CHANCE!

And Bosh is going no where else. He'd resign for $8M if they pushed it!

I see what you're saying...
but if Wade opts in then he makes $20Mil with no income tax... that is getting paid like Kobe does over in LA.

LBJ is essentially telling these guys that they have to opt out or he goes elsewhere.

If D-Wade or Bosh opt in for the 20 that is due to them next year... then the player that isn't nicknamed "King" will not be signed for any more than $12Mil - because there is no way this will fly without the player nicknamed "King" making as much or more money as either of the others.

We know these guys have talked to each other about it...
We know their minds are made up at this point...
To be honest - LBJ could sign to play for $1.00 this coming season and make more money than anyone else on the team.
Ive never really paid attention, but how is the salary cap game fair when some states don't have income tax?
For example, like stated above, you can make 16 mil in new York and that would be the same as making 12 mil in florida, and it causes teams like the heat and grizzlies to set there salaries lower and get more better players doesn't it?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive never really paid attention, but how is the salary cap game fair when some states don't have income tax?
For example, like stated above, you can make 16 mil in new York and that would be the same as making 12 mil in florida, and it causes teams like the heat and grizzlies to set there salaries lower and get more better players doesn't it?

Well you still have federal income tax that takes the bigger chunk out.
State income tax typically isn't that bad...
Kentucky's highest bracket is like 6%
Some of these bigger cities/states may have a steeper tax - but unless I'm missing something, there typically won't be a $4Mil difference.

The NBA has a soft cap of like 60some million and a hard cap in the 70s where you pay luxury tax. If you are paying luxury tax for 3 straight years you now have to pay a steeper rate - like $2.50 for every dollar you go over.
You've got teams like LA, NY and Miami that simply go over every year and pay the penalty - so I don't think it's ever really going to be "fair" for anyone.
Mark Cuban has stated before that if the luxury tax was a little cheaper that he would buy the best team in the league every year.
I see
LBJ is wanting max salary. No reconstructing here. Don't see how he can stay in Miami without taking another pay cut and them get more top notch players. If they offer him the max salary, then Miami will be another Cleveland.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihea...mum-salary
^ LOL, you are making crap up as you go! LBJ will not leave Miami! The Heat have told him they WANT to give him MAX, he has said NOTHING!!!!! His agent, not LBJ, said that only max contracts would be discussed with any other team - BESIDES THE HEAT!!!!! I love it when you distort the facts..... Wink

Do you know what this means as written in the article????

Quote:These details have led to a growing [B]pessimism among teams that James is seriously considering leaving the Heat.[/B]

It means the other teams KNOW he is not leaving!!!!
SD I don't think you have no idea what your talking about either. Miami with be another Cleveland. If they give James the 22 mil he wants a year, sign D-Wade for 11-12 mil (he's not taking another pay cut) and offer Bosh 12 mil, they won't have any other money to sign anyone to help LBJ. Wade is getting old and Bosh isn't worth 5 cents anymore.

BTW, most of my sporting stuff (MLB, NBA, NFL) comes from ESPN, CBS.
When the Miami Heat's "Big 3" went their separate ways after a lunch meeting last Wednesday, they went not knowing whether they had played their last game together, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

While Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were committed to returning to the Heat, LeBron James was unsure of what he would do, the sources said.

The only certainty coming out of the meeting concerning James was that he wanted a maximum-level salary.

James did not ask or suggest that Wade and Bosh opt out of their deals or take lesser salaries to allow the Heat to add other top players, according to the sources.

When Bosh and Wade opted out of their contracts a few days later -- joining James who had done so before their lunch meeting -- it was widely assumed the three were working together and would all return to the Heat.

But sources who have spoken with two of the Big 3 said that was not the case. Bosh and Wade are intent on returning to Miami, but neither of them knows what James will do.

"It's not a done deal," said one source, when asked about James' return to Miami. "That's for sure."

Bosh and Wade were so uncertain about James's future after last week's meeting that one of them spoke about what the Heat might look like without James, according to one source.

The decisions of Bosh and Wade to opt out of the final two years and $42 million of their contracts were sparked by their desire to add better players in an effort to entice James to stay in Miami, one source said.

While both players expect to sign larger contracts overall, each is willing to take less money annually.

Bosh is looking to sign a five-year deal worth between $80 million and $90 million while Wade is thinking along the lines of $55 million-60 million over four years, sources said.

Those figures, combined with a max-level contract that would begin at $20.7 million for James, would not clear the cap room it would likely take to sign free-agent targets such as Kyle Lowry, Luol Deng and possibly Pau Gasol.

None of this means James will not return to the Heat, and another season or two for him in Miami seems to be a safe bet, the sources said. But no one, not even the other members of the Big 3, knows what the four-time MVP is going to do.

James's camp has handled this year's free agency much different than it did in 2010. James has hired a new agent since then in longtime friend Rich Paul, and Paul has played it close to the vest.

Paul spoke with clubs interested in signing James beginning at midnight on Tuesday. His responsibility is to share that information with James and then James will decide the next steps.

One similarity between 2014 and 2010 is that James was likewise noncommittal in a meeting with Bosh and Wade before the trio joined forces in Miami that summer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihea...james-plan
Strikeout King Wrote:SD I don't think you have no idea what your talking about either. Miami with be another Cleveland. If they give James the 22 mil he wants a year, sign D-Wade for 11-12 mil (he's not taking another pay cut) and offer Bosh 12 mil, they won't have any other money to sign anyone to help LBJ. Wade is getting old and Bosh isn't worth 5 cents anymore.

BTW, most of my sporting stuff (MLB, NBA, NFL) comes from ESPN, CBS.

They each made 19 last year.

19 x 3 = 57

22 + 12 + 12 = 46

It looks like the numbers you quoted would free up 11 Million bucks.
zaga_fan Wrote:They each made 19 last year.

19 x 3 = 57

22 + 12 + 12 = 46

It looks like the numbers you quoted would free up 11 Million bucks.

You have to think the draft picks they got this year as well, not to mention all the other players they have. I just don't think they'll have enough $$$ after all is said and done to sign another high profile player to help them. Wade is old and Bosh is very overrated. James may leave, he may not. We'll see.

James' agent will meet with Suns, Rockets and Mavs.
Strikeout King Wrote:You have to think the draft picks they got this year as well, not to mention all the other players they have. I just don't think they'll have enough $$$ after all is said and done to sign another high profile player to help them. Wade is old and Bosh is very overrated. James may leave, he may not. We'll see.

James' agent will meet with Suns, Rockets and Mavs.

Rookies don't get paid a lot... no matter who it is.
#1 pick from last year makes about $5Mil.

They picked up two players in the draft and the one they got in the late second round could may not even make the team - who knows?

And I don't know what you're talking about in regards to other players...
right now they only have one player on the roster and that's Norris Cole.
zaga_fan Wrote:Rookies don't get paid a lot... no matter who it is.
#1 pick from last year makes about $5Mil.

They picked up two players in the draft and the one they got in the late second round could may not even make the team - who knows?

And I don't know what you're talking about in regards to other players...
right now they only have one player on the roster and that's Norris Cole.

Just seen on nba.com free agent tracker that pretty much their entire team is Free agents now.
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 13h
Cleveland has replaced Miami as my frontrunner to land LeBron James...

I'm not saying LJ to Cavs is done deal or I know 4 a fact; just my gut feeling based on many conversations I've had around this story...

These convos aren't sourced enough 4 me to report as fact. But I've heard enough to believe "the wind is blowing" LJ back home. We'll see...
Well if Chris Broussard says it...
then we know that he's not going to Cleveland lol

How does this guy still have a job?
I had heard that his agent, family and friends are doing everything they can to get him back to Cleveland.

James is suppose to be meeting with Pat Riley sometime this week or next.

Heat have already signed Josh McRoberts (4 year, $23 Mil) and Danny Granger (2 year, $4.2 Mil)

Honestly it's hard to believe anything anymore. Words get taken way out of context.
Houston has offered Bosh 4 year, $88 mil
zaga_fan Wrote:Well if Chris Broussard says it...
then we know that he's not going to Cleveland lol

How does this guy still have a job?

Spot on