Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Pike County Central 8/22
I live at META and let me tell you they aren't playing no game tonight I promise you that. It hasn't stopped raining or lighting all evening. Hope they play tomorrow though. There will be no game tonight.
Not sure.I probably should have got in the car and slept lol
^
If that's the case, they wont be able to play tomorrow either.

This game should have been moved to Whitley. It didn't rain there all day and still isn't.
I highly doubt the team will spend the night there and doubt they will drive 4 hours again tomorrow.
How many people are there pj?
Pretty good crowd still here
Is it pouring or just lightning. The radio crew has been off the air for hours.
Slow steady rain with lightning every few minutes now. It was heavy rain and lightning. Sky just lit up and thunder as I typed this lol
You and the team might as well go home pj. I don't understand why there still waiting.

PCC can come to Whitley tomorrow.
Because more than likely they will stay the night and play the game tomorrow only logical reason to still be waiting. Because the weather is not letting up.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Because more than likely they will stay the night and play the game tomorrow only logical reason to still be waiting. Because the weather is not letting up.

That's just it, im not sure the administration will let them stay
I not sure they could get home safely if they tried. US 23 is flooding in all kinds of different locations right now. They better let them stay unless they want a huge lawsuit on there hands if some sort of accident occurred on the way home God forbid. If they left right now they wouldn't get home until 3 am at the earliest that would be very illogical. Anyways the rain has actually slowed down but I can't tell about the lightning or how long it has been since the last strike. I know they must wait 30 mins since the last lightning strike to start the game up. Also not sure if any more storms are on there way as well so. Anyways I hope that they just call if for tonight and spend the night and play tomorrow.
Hows it looking at the game pj?
After looking at the radar, all of the storms should be moved out.
The game will begin in 2 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is crazy!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The game will begin in 2 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got be kidding. :popcorn:
Game won't be starting at all I live 3 1/2 miles from the Stadium and it is lightning like crazy right now. If they start it they will just delay it in a few mins.:why:
Im updating the game right now.
There playing as we speak
I drove up for it. Crazy. lol back in delay. Hurricane rains in Pikeville. Not a good situation.
^
How bad was it
Are the Pike County radio guys still on the air? If so, is there a link?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
How bad was it
Field was soaked. Not too muddy yet, but soaked. Sloppy play. I got out of there before it got too bad. Had to make a run for it from the car to house though haha.
No rain no lightning now not sure if they have started yet or have called the game or what.
sportsguru4u Wrote:No rain no lightning now not sure if they have started yet or have called the game or what.

Whitleys radio games haven't come back on but said before they went off that they probably wouldn't whether the game continues or not.

Does PCC have a link to a live stream we can listen to, or is it off the air to?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitleys radio games haven't come back on but said before they went off that they probably wouldn't whether the game continues or not.

Does PCC have a link to a live stream we can listen to, or is it off the air to?
September 22nd
Panther Thunder Wrote:September 22nd

What the.....

That's a Monday.
Whitley plays Clay that Friday and then they'll turn around and play PCC on Monday night, not to mention a 4 hour bus ride on a school night?

Are you sure?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What the.....

That's a Monday.
Whitley plays Clay that Friday and then they'll turn around and play PCC on Monday night, not to mention a 4 hour bus ride on a school night?

Are you sure?
I am not sure, just the last thing I heard haha.
PCC plays Prestonsburg on that Friday before but they are off that next Friday.
Whitley plays Knox that Friday though. So in other words, if there going to play this game on 9/22, they'll have to play 3 games in 8 days.
I wonder if the game will start over or resume at its original spot.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:PCC plays Prestonsburg on that Friday before but they are off that next Friday.
Whitley plays Knox that Friday though. So in other words, if there going to play this game on 9/22, they'll have to play 3 games in 8 days.
Yeah, doesn't sound too likely. But this would only be like half of a game so idk, seems like all the reason for Whitley not to come.