•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard, Kentucky
^ Wow. I like.
Does Allison have more political experience than Rand Paul did, when you guys sent him to Washington? At least she's a lawyer, holding state office, not just an eye doctor.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:When I posted my questions about little Lundergan, I knew you couldn't answer them. No Democrat can spin enough to make this empty dress look competent. She should be stocking shelves at Target.

And, if you want to bring the family into the race, you may want to mention the little one's daddy, Jerry Lundergan, the convicted criminal. After all, we know that it is he, not his little girl, who is running the campaign and preparing her answers to questions.

Your little candidate, if asked about the Middle East and without having her daddy to supply answers, would probably want to know if the questioner meant Maryland or Virginia.

She makes Ashley Judd look like a genius- and that isn't easy. But, I'll give her credit for one thing. She has a big mouth and really doesn't need a microphone.
Is he a convicted criminal, or...........was the conviction thrown out on appeal? Which counts in the end, a conviction, or the conviction being turned over?
These people crack me up... they claim they want small government but will they vote for what they believe in and vote libertarian or will they have no backbone what so ever and vote for Mitch... my money is they vote for Mitch!
The women's vote also cracks me up, if a woman thinks that a corporation has more rights then they do of course they should vote for Mitch! By the way, Mitch tells people this is what he stands for.

The other side can only hope to bring the President into the mix, because Mitch can not run on his own record. No one ever thinks of that, why not be proud of the record Mitch has done Eastern Kentucky... because everyone knows it is not much of a record at all! Time for a switch!

Team Switch!
I didn't think anybody here would answer post #62. Tell me HRV, you keep calling out Alison's inexperience as a reason to not vote for her. Did you vote for the eye Dr. Rand Paul? What experience did you think he had, to be able to send him to the Senate?

Everyone here keeps saying that they vote for the person, not the party. What has Mitch done for our state in 30 years?
The least amount of "political" experience a candidate has, the better, IMO. We need more doctors, carpenters, plumbers, construction workers, teachers and the like representing us.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:The least amount of "political" experience a candidate has, the better, IMO. We need more doctors, carpenters, plumbers, construction workers, teachers and the like representing us.
So, Alison has too much experience to run for Senate? What has Mitch done for us that you would vote for this "experienced" man? If you are wanting less political experience of the 2 candidates, are you going for Alison?
I have reason to vote for and not vote for both candidates in this race. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of the whole scene.
TheRealVille Wrote:Does Allison have more political experience than Rand Paul did, when you guys sent him to Washington? At least she's a lawyer, holding state office, not just an eye doctor.

She may be a lawyer, but come on your comparison to Paul and grimes is crazy. You must forgot Rands father was a US congressman so he did have some knowledge of what was expected. While grimes father is a disgraced state Democratic Party chairman. So what help could he give her?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:She may be a lawyer, but come on your comparison to Paul and grimes is crazy. You must forgot Rands father was a US congressman so he did have some knowledge of what was expected. While grimes father is a disgraced state Democratic Party chairman. So what help could he give her?
So, being an eye doctor, and hearing his dad tell of politics, gives him more experience for Washington, than her being a state politician, and lawyer?
tvtimeout Wrote:I am sure you hate G.W. Bush as well right? WMD's? Rand Paul got it right. I wish more people would listen to him. Also, if you are for limited government then we must talk about term limits 30 years is enough! Whitley County where I am from is in horrible condition, the largest employer is the school system, unemployment rates at 10% and this has happened before Obama... I like what A.E. once said " the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results". Now I know I have only lived in Whitley County for 30 years and you may be a lot older but in the last 30 not much has happened. Time for a change!

Team Switch!

I love G dub.

As for Whitley County, I don't know what field you work in, but 10 years ago the coal industry was absolutely booming and I was making a killing. It went down hill around 2011 and hasn't recovered since.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I love G dub.

As for Whitley County, I don't know what field you work in, but 10 years ago the coal industry was absolutely booming and I was making a killing. It went down hill around 2011 and hasn't recovered since.
While I'll agree that the EPA regulations on older powerhouses might be a little of the coal's problem, Eastern coal's biggest enemies are cheap gas, coming out of the ground at phenomenal rates in the Marcellas Shale areas, and western coal that is selling at 6 (last number I heard a few months ago)dollars a ton. I've worked at building those compressor stations in the Wheeling WV area. They are building dozens and dozens of them. Newer, updated power plants can take a little eastern coal, and mix it with a lot of the western coal to run their plants. They are buying more of the cheap coal, and less of the eastern, $68(last price I heard) coal. Plus, in the last about 10 years, these power companies have built a lot of gas units(I've worked on building a bunch of these units), to give them the burning gas option. Also There are a ton of reasons coal is way down in KY and WV, and politicians are the least of these. It's part of a changing market. All that, coupled with some coal companies safety records, is what is killing KY coal.
TheRealVille Wrote:While I'll agree that the EPA regulations on older powerhouses might be a little of the coal's problem, Eastern coal's biggest enemies are cheap gas, coming out of the ground at phenomenal rates in the Marcellas Shale areas, and western coal that is selling at 6 (last number I heard a few months ago)dollars a ton. I've worked at building those compressor stations in the Wheeling WV area. They are building dozens and dozens of them. Newer, updated power plants can take a little eastern coal, and mix it with a lot of the western coal to run their plants. They are buying more of the cheap coal, and less of the eastern, $68(last price I heard) coal. Plus, in the last about 10 years, these power companies have built a lot of gas units(I've worked on building a bunch of these units), to give them the burning gas option. Also There are a ton of reasons coal is way down in KY and WV, and politicians are the least of these. It's part of a changing market. All that, coupled with some coal companies safety records, is what is killing KY coal.

I honestly believe gas prices are about to explode. With the current technology I'm thinking the epa goes after fracking next after there done with coal.
In 2011 we were doing extremely well. A mini boom
But 2012 seen the bottom drop out of it.
I hope the gas prices explode! Whitley Co is the second largest producer of natural gas in the state!
tvtimeout Wrote:I hope the gas prices explode! Whitley Co is the second largest producer of natural gas in the state!

I have a gas line that runs the entire length of my property.
Makes it hell any time I want to dig.

Whoever came up with things like mineral rights and such were ridiculous.
I would give anything if I could make them dig it up and move it off my land.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I honestly believe gas prices are about to explode. With the current technology I'm thinking the epa goes after fracking next after there done with coal.
In 2011 we were doing extremely well. A mini boom
But 2012 seen the bottom drop out of it.

The continuing flow of industrial crippling EPA regs will not stop until one of two things happen. Either we vote out the loons, or they will eventually realize their goal of eliminating the use of fossil fuels at the consumer level and largely the industrial level.

One needs to know and understand his foe. These guys are convinced they are destined to save the planet and your not going to talk them out of it. Vote them out or give in. The war on coal has had it's effect. If you want to take a look at your power bill, you will see a substantial charge has been added as of Jan 1, 2014. It's called an 'Asset Transfer Rider', and can be for example, as much as 35 to 50 dollars as is the case for my monthly bill. This action, or asset rider, authorizes Kentucky Power to "recover" 44 million dollars annually in compensation for EPA regulations of which the power company has been forced to comply.

We saw exactly this same kind of smoke screen relative to the presidential campaign. Surely folks aren't going to bite again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree vote out all incumbants in November!!!
^ Yes, let someone else get their piece of the pie, right?

I have no dog in this fight but, 95% of politicians these days are pie snatchers and have no intention in giving us working folks a crumb.

I'm finding it very tough to have confidence in any of them, from either party. Real statesmen are few and far between.

Again, vote for the one that you think would vote most like yourself, incumbent or not, then hope you were right. It's a crap shoot.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:^ Yes, let someone else get their piece of the pie, right?

I have no dog in this fight but, 95% of politicians these days are pie snatchers and have no intention in giving us working folks a crumb.

I'm finding it very tough to have confidence in any of them, from either party. Real statesmen are few and far between.

Again, vote for the one that you think would vote most like yourself, incumbent or not, then hope you were right. It's a crap shoot.

Pig we agree on an awful lot but, it looks like we are miles apart on this one. Grimes will gleefully vote for everything Obama, Reid and Pelosi are pushing. That includes anything to do with the war on coal, ObamaCare, foreign policy appeasements, destructive global warming legislation, bigger national debt, bigger government and the furtherance of the liberal agenda en-toto. If she should be elected, Kentucky will have a muppet Senator for who knows how long.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Pig we agree on an awful lot but, it looks like we are miles apart on this one. Grimes will gleefully vote for everything Obama, Reid and Pelosi are pushing. That includes anything to do with the war on coal, ObamaCare, foreign policy appeasements, destructive global warming legislation, bigger national debt, bigger government and the furtherance of the liberal agenda en-toto. If she should be elected, Kentucky will have a muppet Senator for who knows how long.
Prove that Alison stands for any of that. And, tell us what Mitch has done for KY, so far.
^Is Gov. Beshear, a democrat, more liberal, or conservative?
TheRealVille Wrote:Prove that Alison stands for any of that. And, tell us what Mitch has done for KY, so far.

I got a better idea. You prove she doesn't. What are Senators supposed to DO for Kentucky? They're there to legislate, ratify treaties, vet cabinet officials, and provide various oversight by the power vested in them by the "people." Not funnel money and curry favors to their respective states.

That's exactly the sum total of politics ala the Democrat view. Giving stuff to people and granting favors even though all they have to operate with is the people's money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Prove that Alison stands for any of that. And, tell us what Mitch has done for KY, so far.

The truth is that Little Lundergan stands for whatever her daddy and her handlers tell her to stand for. She is a rank novice. She has no real life experiences- particularly in government. In this campaign, I feel sure she has never had a thought of her own other than, possible, what to eat for lunch.

McConnell is not likeable but Little Lundergan is about as qualified as a cheerleader at UK. Of course, the UK cheerleader is a bit more attractive.
TheRealThing Wrote:Pig we agree on an awful lot but, it looks like we are miles apart on this one. Grimes will gleefully vote for everything Obama, Reid and Pelosi are pushing. That includes anything to do with the war on coal, ObamaCare, foreign policy appeasements, destructive global warming legislation, bigger national debt, bigger government and the furtherance of the liberal agenda en-toto. If she should be elected, Kentucky will have a muppet Senator for who knows how long.

My growing disrespect for the majority of politicians has me rambling I guess. The first statement in my post was sarcasm. The rest of my post wasn't an announcement that I would not vote for McConnel, it was my disgust with politicians in general, the whole lot. Until Americans start electing statesmen on both sides a race like this one is near meaningless in the big picture. This has been labeled the most expensive senate race in history. Now, are they both wanting to win for us kentuckians, or to get their piece of pie?

We come on here a preach to the choir, never changing a mind or swaying a vote. Those that disagree do the very same thing. We argue, spew our great party's ideals, get upset and almost always get disappointed by the ones we elect...on both sides. I see nothing to brag about in Washington right now. The republicans will keep the house and maybe get the senate. "If" that were to happen and Mitch loses, new leadership may be a good thing. That doesn't mean I'm voting for Grimes.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:The truth is that Little Lundergan stands for whatever her daddy and her handlers tell her to stand for. She is a rank novice. She has no real life experiences- particularly in government. In this campaign, I feel sure she has never had a thought of her own other than, possible, what to eat for lunch.

McConnell is not likeable but Little Lundergan is about as qualified as a cheerleader at UK. Of course, the UK cheerleader is a bit more attractive.
How much experience did Paul have, when you sent him to Washington? He was an eye doctor, remember?
TheRealThing Wrote:I got a better idea. You prove she doesn't. What are Senators supposed to DO for Kentucky? They're there to legislate, ratify treaties, vet cabinet officials, and provide various oversight by the power vested in them by the "people." Not funnel money and curry favors to their respective states.

That's exactly the sum total of politics ala the Democrat view. Giving stuff to people and granting favors even though all they have to operate with is the people's money.
Yes, Senators are there to represent KY, as are House members. You do realize Hal Rogers is Mr. Pork, right? You are no different than me, you vote party line, and that is it.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:My growing disrespect for the majority of politicians has me rambling I guess. The first statement in my post was sarcasm. The rest of my post wasn't an announcement that I would not vote for McConnel, it was my disgust with politicians in general, the whole lot. Until Americans start electing statesmen on both sides a race like this one is near meaningless in the big picture. This has been labeled the most expensive senate race in history. Now, are they both wanting to win for us kentuckians, or to get their piece of pie?

We come on here a preach to the choir, never changing a mind or swaying a vote. Those that disagree do the very same thing. We argue, spew our great party's ideals, get upset and almost always get disappointed by the ones we elect...on both sides. I see nothing to brag about in Washington right now. The republicans will keep the house and maybe get the senate. "If" that were to happen and Mitch loses, new leadership may be a good thing. That doesn't mean I'm voting for Grimes.

You're right on target with just about all that you've said here. As I have mentioned recently, complacency has wrought havoc on founder's hope and vision for this country. Our sted in this world has declined along with the aspirations of our once proud citizens. We settle for what we can get these days, rather than striving to succeed.

We face long odds, it's true. And yet, we must continue to speak up for the truth. This argument has been going on since the days of our founding. To me, the failing has been in assuming the fight for freedom was won sometime in the past. The message of our fathers was for us to remain ever vigil to rising threats, both foreign and domestic. Somehow that message has been lost or at least undervalued. And, buying into the belief that America is nearly untouchable, is one of the present administration's greatest shortfalls. Therefore, our floundering in the afore mentioned complacency in which so many of us grew up, has given rise to the enemy of freedom again. Of all the threats one might face, none is so great as apathy.

In our day voters ask what will you do for me? What will you give me? Doesn't sound much like self governance to me but, it does sound a lot like self indulgence. I'm hoping for a voter resurgence in November. But if not, and America is destined to fall victim to apathy, I feel certain that scenario is prophetic. I agree the whole political scene is disheartening. All the liberal big hitters wouldn't be financing the Grimes campaign if they didn't think McConnell was in their way. And Lord knows, somebody needs to throw up the stop sign somehow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Yes, Senators are there to represent KY, as are House members. You do realize Hal Rogers is Mr. Pork, right? You are no different than me, you vote party line, and that is it.

So, you admit then that you're party line and that's it? Not that I would have needed any validation about that. Party means nada to me. I put country ahead of party, and the common good ahead of special interests. I believe in moral governance according to the vision of the framers.

Like I said, the liberal threat was present even during the Constitutional Convention of 1787. Bowing to government is certainly no new idea. Very European in nature, and I reject it out of hand. Obama and his ilk insist government is there to help people. Thomas Jefferson and Ronald Reagan disagree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:How much experience did Paul have, when you sent him to Washington? He was an eye doctor, remember?

You are evading the subject again. I am still waiting for you, or anyone else, to name one accomplishment in life of Little Lundergan. She has none.

What are her positions on major state and federal issues? She has none.

What concrete goal does she espouse to help the people of the Commonwealth? None.

She is in over her head. She makes Ashley Judd look like a statesman.

The only thing I can see that she has gained from the campaign is about 20 pounds.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next