Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does Disk Defragmenter do, and how do I use
Disk Defragmenter, as the name implies, defragments your disks. Your disks get fragmented when you add and delete files, because information that should be grouped together gets split up. When you defragment your disk, all of this information gets grouped back together. You should run ScanDisk before using Disk Defragmenter. To run Disk Defragmenter:

* First disable your screen saver.
* Double-click on My Computer.
* Right-click the Drive that you wish to defragment.
* Click on Properties.
* Next click on the Tools tab.
* In the Defragmentation status box, click on the "Defragment now…" button.
* You may get a window telling you that your drive is fragmented only a certain percent, and that you do not need to defragment it at that time.

If you are defragmenting, this will take a while. You can multi-task, but Disk Defragmenter works much more efficiently if you leave it alone.
well QQ i had to do this about a year ago and i cant quite remember what it is exaclty
sry i couldnt be of any help
but i will try to find out some on what it may be from a friend...
"dirty30" Wrote:well QQ i had to do this about a year ago and i cant quite remember what it is exaclty

Seriously?
"dirty30" Wrote:well QQ i had to do this about a year ago and i cant quite remember what it is exaclty

Im really not sure what your trying to say here..
I think he thinks you're asking, but he doesn't realize that you have a degree in this stuff.
"4leaf" Wrote:I think he thinks you're asking, but he doesn't realize that you have a degree in this stuff.

Thats what I thought but I wasnt for sure..If anyone needs help with their computer this is the place to get it..