Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celena Conley
Not going to play for JC this season as of right know.
details please?
why is she not playing for central and is she going to play anywhere else?
She is just burnt out and has lost her love for the game and as of right know unless someone can change her mind she is not playing.
I think this is a horrible mistake and she is going to regret it for the rest of her life.
At times in high school i wanted to quit because i was tired and know i would give anything to go back.
hard hitter thanks for the info...shes a really young and talented player she is one of the best for the lady eagles...I mean this really comes to a shock for me, I guess because I remember seeing her play all the time or because she is really talented, is anyone else in shock over there about her decision?

didnt she start for paintsville and if so who will be taking her spot?
This is a shock and a very big diappointment. She is only a sophmore and this was going to be her third year starting for the lady Eagles. I dont know who will take her place. I personally am praying that she changes her mind and sees what a mistake this is and plays.
Yes, I am sure you aall are and me to shes such a nice person on the court and shes just very talented, but if any colleges were maybe looking at her, this wouldnt make her look to good to them, and if she does for sure not play this season and plays the next some colleges may overlook her, not on her talent wise but they could get the impression that she would let them down. Im not saying nothing about her or nothing like that to put her down, but they could get that impression. I know its kinda early in her career but has she talked about going on to play college ball?
If a player's heart is not in it it is better to not play at the beginning than to decide during the year not to play..I have always thought she is a great player and wish her nothing but the best no matter what she decides.
What impact will this have on JCs chances for this year?
I think she would have had a chance to play college ball somewhere but if her heart wasnt in it then i dont think she would have played college ball.
Jc is still going to be young and talented but this is going to be a major set back.
I know for sure Lousiville and Kentucky had contact with her coaches. UK seemed very interested. I pray for her and pray she will change her mind because I feel she is making a hugh mistake.
ok eaglehoops, I had also heard thatthey was in contact with her, but I do agree to you all if her heart isnt set to play ball she shouldnt play but this will put a damper on JC does anyone from Johnson Central think that they will be any change to the team from scoring to defense wise without her?
There will be a big change in the scoring department she was there leading scorer and there go to player at the end of games.
Isn't that girl a senior? I thought she was the one that played second base for them this past year. If that is the girl I am thinking of than man she is a player! I agree with you. If her heart is not in it then she doesn't need to be there. If I was coaching I wouldn't let her come out, and I have a feeling if she hasn't been practicing then Wireman will not let her come out anyways.
Yes she is the second baseman but she is only a sophmore.. She is wireman Neice and id say if she wanted to start she would have to run her laps but id say he would let her play..
Is it just me or is High School sport becoming more of a job than it is fun for the kids The coaches think that the sport they are playing should be the only thing they think about..
She has this week to turn in her practice uniform. If she turns it in she is done for at least this year. I still think she is making a huge mistake. Celena is a great young person and an unbelievable ball player and I think once she realizes what she done she will regret it.
So did she turn her uniform in? I sure hope not...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
SE04 Wrote:So did she turn her uniform in? I sure hope not...
It is not looking good I think she is done.. What a huge mistake. She is going to regret this for the rest of her life.
maybe she wont regret it this kid can also play softball... and i do believe that's where her heart is
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Yes, she turned it in. She would have been an unbelievable player but oh well. Some people can't take the pressure of sports. I think the Lady Eagles will still be fine this season. B.B. Salyer will step in for Celena and she has been working her butt off in the weight room and from all reports at practice has been unstopable. Also, Ashley Young (a freshman) will be a pretty darn good player this year also.
I hate to hear that, she is a very talented basketball player.
Can't understand this one. She has played ball all her life. Severe blow to Central's chances. Thought they had a real good shot to go to state during her junior and/or senior year. Best of luck to this young lady and hope she is happy with the decision she has made.
Tiger77 Wrote:Can't understand this one. She has played ball all her life. Severe blow to Central's chances. Thought they had a real good shot to go to state during her junior and/or senior year. Best of luck to this young lady and hope she is happy with the decision she has made.

They still have a GREAT shot not only this year but the next three for sure. They have a great senior this year and the best sophmore class around. This team is loaded with talent and has IMO the best coaching staff in the 15th.
Wrong Hard Hitter as very good friends with Brogan she said she would love to play this year but her parents grounded her until after basketball season because she had a C on her report card. Her mom is an assistant coach for central and she told wireman she was not allowed to play this year And Coach Wireman begged her to play so its not that she lost the passion for basketball she was just forced not to play
jchs_eagle08 Wrote:Wrong Hard Hitter as very good friends with Brogan she said she would love to play this year but her parents grounded her until after basketball season because she had a C on her report card. Her mom is an assistant coach for central and she told wireman she was not allowed to play this year And Coach Wireman begged her to play so its not that she lost the passion for basketball she was just forced not to play
that dont sound right surely her parents arent that crazy but if that is true that is just ridicolous i shouldnt question there parenting decisions but they are denying a gifted athlete a chance to showcase her abilities and keep the colleges looking at her i dont know there situation and it is absolutley none of my business but they have got to be a better way to punish a kid for a bad grade i hated to see her not play this year and i am not a JCHS fan
jchs_eagle08 Wrote:Wrong Hard Hitter as very good friends with Brogan she said she would love to play this year but her parents grounded her until after basketball season because she had a C on her report card. Her mom is an assistant coach for central and she told wireman she was not allowed to play this year And Coach Wireman begged her to play so its not that she lost the passion for basketball she was just forced not to play

Wrong Hard Hitter is WRONG on this one. Celena just doesn't want to play, that's it. She wasn't grounded for have a C and she wasn't asked to play by the coaches. That's a FACT. She was just wanting to be a kid. Her parents would have loved for her to play but she just didn't want to, that's it.
The Fan Wrote:that dont sound right surely her parents arent that crazy but if that is true that is just ridicolous i shouldnt question there parenting decisions but they are denying a gifted athlete a chance to showcase her abilities and keep the colleges looking at her i dont know there situation and it is absolutley none of my business but they have got to be a better way to punish a kid for a bad grade i hated to see her not play this year and i am not a JCHS fan

What other punishment would make a kid work even harder in school, not let them play a sport that they love, or take their phone away? If that is really the reason she isn't playing then I say good for her parents. I know her dad pretty well, not her mom though. He is a good guy and only wants the best for all his children. What if somethin happened that she could never play any sports again, she would still have the grades to take her a long way. Just somethin to think about.
Redneck Wrote:What other punishment would make a kid work even harder in school, not let them play a sport that they love, or take their phone away? If that is really the reason she isn't playing then I say good for her parents. I know her dad pretty well, not her mom though. He is a good guy and only wants the best for all his children. What if somethin happened that she could never play any sports again, she would still have the grades to take her a long way. Just somethin to think about.

She wasn't grounded for her grades at all. She was encouraged to play be her friends and parents and just didn't want to. She is an outstanding student and hard worker both in and out of the classroom.
eaglehoops Wrote:She wasn't grounded for her grades at all. She was encouraged to play be her friends and parents and just didn't want to. She is an outstanding student and hard worker both in and out of the classroom.

I didn't say she was grounded for her grades. I said IF.