Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals lead div.
Shady Grady Wrote:The blackbirds were he Browns so we have to talk franchise here. Yeah, the blackbirds have won two in 15 years. Pittsburgh has won two in the same period of time while appearing in another. And you honestly think the blackbirds strike fear into people like they did in previous years? Heck, they had the new Browns absolutely shaking in their boots last week. But, the Ravens franchise has been around for a long time. Modell took the same team and relocated. The organization didn't start 15 years ago, so redo your stats.

Answer me this...

Is there still a Browns organization?
If so, then the Ravens just started playing football 18 years ago. Theres no in between. If the owner of Budweiser leaves the company and starts a new beer called steelers suck, does that still make it Budweiser?

That's what I thought....

Oh, and for reference....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens

Clearly states the 18 years the franchise has been going.

That's a SB once every 9 years.
The Steelers have won 6 SB's in 81 years. You do the math....

Say what you will, but even Terry Bradshaw would agree that the stats are not in your favor.
Shady Grady Wrote:Smack talk is for those who actually win something. Last time I was in Paul Brown all I could find was division winner banners. Those come a dime a dozen. Heck, they give out 8 of those every year. Win something of importance and then brag. Educate me here. Exactly when was the last time the Bengals won a playoff game? Getting there two or three years in a row don't mean squat.

Well if you are happy with living in your history and glory years, enjoy! Me' I'd much rather cheer for a team that is good NOW, and not have to talk about what USED to be. And the NOW dictates that the Bengals go to Playoffs, and the Steelers, well, they are the OLD BENGALS!!!

:biglmao:
I think it's fair to say..
The Steelers are just not good.
Like to see Bengals make playoffs again so they can disappoint their incredible and passionate fans. How long has it been since the Bungles won a playoff game. That is history and now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Answer me this...

If so, then the Ravens just started playing football 18 years ago. Theres no in between. If the owner of Budweiser leaves the company and starts a new beer called steelers suck, does that still make it Budweiser?

Say what you will, but even Terry Bradshaw would agree that the stats are not in your favor.

Who was on the roster and in the front office in the blackbirds first year in Baltimore? The players that played in Cleveland the year before? I think so. The same front office? I think so. The Hornets went to New Orleans and then changed their name to the Pelicans. Different franchise? I think not.
Stardust Wrote:Well if you are happy with living in your history and glory years, enjoy! Me' I'd much rather cheer for a team that is good NOW, and not have to talk about what USED to be. And the NOW dictates that the Bengals go to Playoffs, and the Steelers, well, they are the OLD BENGALS!!!

:biglmao:

At the end of this year it will remain 6>0. Like I said before, enjoy your division titles. That's as close as Bengal fans will get to the gloryland. And by the way, the Steelers were in the Super Bowl four years ago. That is not ancient history. But 1988 is ancient history.
^ I think there was a time when the Cubs, Raiders, and Lakers used to be good too. Keep on living in the Glory days, it's all you have to look forward to.....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Answer me this...

Actually, there have been 48 Super Bowls. That makes the Steelers one every 8 years. Now you do the math, Einstein.
I changed the title for your panther.
How is that previous prediction looking?