• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 29 Belfry 20
Final. Thoughts in a second.
In on potential legendary thread.
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

:haters:
Rivalry renewed, congrats to the panthers you earned it and deserved it tonight the BETTER team won, good luck in 1a the rest of the way!
1a power.....wow
I feel like somebody needs to post that Michael Jackson "I just came here to read the comments" photo...
Well, I missed this one completely!!

Congratulations Pikeville!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I missed this one completely!!

Congratulations Pikeville!!!

I said 3-0 Pikeville.

:closeenough:
WOW :Sad04:
Congratulation's P-Ville
Very surprising the way this played out.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Look out Williamsburg. Looks to be a very interesting 1A.
walk the plank, ye scurvy-infested pirates Confusednicker:
What happened was...well, uh, umm, I think Pikeville flat out whipped us up front for 4 quarters. The score reflects the line of scrimmage. I'm surprised, but hats off to Pikeville.
Haywood has got to go!
Congratulations Pikeville.

I can't believe it but the better team won tonight. The rivalry is back. Belfry will be Belfry. They will bounce back. Whether it was the big head or not hopefully this brings them back to reality. They won't just hand you the AAA championship. You gotta be better than the other team. Tonight they weren't. Good job Panthers. Good luck the rest of the season.

Go Big Red!!!
Congrats to Pikeville on total domination in the first half. Really nice to see the Panthers on the up again.

As for the Pirates, I wouldn't want to be them on the way home.
That just BLOWS my mind Belfry got whipped up front.
Hell yeah, Big win Panthers. A lot of crow will be served tonight!!!!
I Think this will be a wake up call. Belfry will be dangerous the rest of the year with something to prove. just my opinion
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Haywood has got to go!

:thatsfunn
For starters Tip of the hat and nothing but respect for Pikeville! Congratulations!

I am sure this one will get a little sideways, but I am going to call it the way I see it. Just like I said in the update thread,,, this is not about what Belfry didn't do... it was all about what Pikeville did!

Panthers clearly were the better team on this night. They whipped Belfry up front and drove it down their throats the entire 1st Half. When Pikeville needed it, their offense provided it with a huge 4th Quarter drive to ice it.

Panthers simply made the big plays. Period!

Big runs and passes when they needed it on offense. Defensive stops when they had to have it.

The highlights:
- Charles was exceptional in the 1st half...absolutely exceptional! Coach Mac with a brilliant gameplan and after Belfry got a scoop and score to go up 7-0 it was all Pikeville. Charles took what they gave him and Pugh converted the short gains on 3rd Down.
- Estep's stat line isn't impressive, but he very well may have won this game. He saved no less than 4 TD's with his 1 for 1 tackles in the open field. Three of them were on drives Belfry ended up failing to score. Huge!
- On that note the game was decided in the 3rd Quarter. Belfry came out of the Half and actually completely controlled it in the 3rd... but it resulted in no points. Two long drives merited no points.
- Daric Pugh didn't have a big night, but at the same time he had a HUGE night. It took nearly the entire game before he broke a big gain but it was the back breaker. He was there any time Pikeville needed 3 yards... great performance!
And so will Pikeville
Let me just say I was wrong. Pikeville just whipped our ass! Those kids were hungry tonight. No refs, no excuses... The Panthers wanted this game more! Let's meet up in Bowling Green fellas. Thanks for the reality check, big win for you guys, congrats!
How serious were all the injuries? Reading the updates, it sounded like Belfry players coming off the field left and right. Hopefully mostly just cramps...?
Diogenes Wrote:How serious were all the injuries? Reading the updates, it sounded like Belfry players coming off the field left and right. Hopefully mostly just cramps...?

Don't know about Horton.. that's the only one that is worrisome it appears.

Mainly cramps..but Belfry is ridiculously thin at HB after starting the season ridiculously loaded.

Starting HB Catron will be out until the end of the regular season with a collarbone.

His replacement Deonte Joplin left the team to transfer to Mingo Central

Then tonight their replacement Edwards battled cramps. and the other starting HB Willis battled them as well. Hatfield tweaked an ankle but came back. Taylor got dinged up a bit but came back.

One thing you can say about Pikeville... those boys are conditioned! Testament to Coach Mac. It showed against Pburg and you cant help but think it played a role tonight. Sign of a great Coach.
Diogenes Wrote:How serious were all the injuries? Reading the updates, it sounded like Belfry players coming off the field left and right. Hopefully mostly just cramps...?

I really don't know but I wonder if some know the difference between hurt and injured.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Let me just say I was wrong. Pikeville just whipped our ass! Those kids were hungry tonight. No refs, no excuses... The Panthers wanted this game more! Let's meet up in Bowling Green fellas. Thanks for the reality check, big win for you guys, congrats!

I will say this, in victory or defeat, Belfry and their fans are always classy. Great program with a great head coach. Honest question though, even though Joplin didn't pack the stat page, could his departure this week disrupted the team mojo? I know many will say no excuses for the loss but it may have been a factor mentally. Congratulations to Pikeville on the huge win.
Gotta give the zebra's 8+ points in this one!
Wow, I was very surprised to see this final! But then again I think about the heart that the Pikeville team plays with then it was way more easy to grasp the fact that they won.
Congratulations Pikeville:Thumbs:
  • 1(current)
  • Next