Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Middlesboro 9/26
You people can say what you want but all the critics will quite down after tonight... Remember most you same people claimed bell would win by 2 or 3 tds also... Believe me they will be no 30 calls on mboro this year like at pikeville last year or 8 fumbles...
[IMG]images (2)[/IMG]
[IMG]images (1)[/IMG]
[Image: http://images (2)]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They beat Mboro out of the playoffs just two years ago!

I have never witnessed a fanbase in all my years on BGR who back tracks and makes excuses to the level of Middlesboro. It truly is staggering.

"What has Pburg done lately?"
- Beat your team the last 4 times they played.

"Those wins don't count..Middlesboro has only been good the last two years"
- Well in that case they beat you two years ago

What's next?
"That doesn't mean anything... when I said what have they done lately I am sepcifically talking about wins they have had in the past 6 months against teams whose mascot rhymes with "Mellow Brackets" and those games had to play on a grass field lit by Musco Sports Lights at a game time temperature of 63-68 degrees. Until you meet that criteria I won't acknowledge your so called wins"
What exactly do you think a couple years is??? 2 years thats exactly what I said?? I dont really understand why your so butthurt over any of this whats it concern you? If you dont like what I post then dont read it that simple.. So EKU how you gonna feel after tonight when Middlesboro beats Pikeville and I get on here and brag about how Middlesboro is the best in the state are you going to be able to prove me otherwise??
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:What exactly do you think a couple years is??? 2 years thats exactly what I said?? I dont really understand why your so butthurt over any of this whats it concern you? If you dont like what I post then dont read it that simple.. So EKU how you gonna feel after tonight when Middlesboro beats Pikeville and I get on here and brag about how Middlesboro is the best in the state are you going to be able to prove me otherwise??
That Middlesboro squad was also 4-6 with wins over horrible teams and like I said we still took pburg down to a fg to win... As for the poster saying that Pburg team was just freshmen and sophomores that team 2 years ago was junior and senior heavy... Perhaps we will meet though atleast I hope..
I'M Going to say this is a battle, very close and in the 4th Pikeville pulls out the W.
Pikeville 46
Middlesboro 38
I will change my prediction I earlier said Middlesboro would win by a point... That was before I knew Pugh wasn't playing so now I will say the final of this game will be
Middlesboro-38
Pikeville-28

Pittman, Barton, Brock all have huge games tonight on offense... Defense I say Pittman and Yoakam have great games... Either way it's all fun and games just some of you fans have to get butthurt and take everything serious and start with name calling and stuff... I dont recall any mboro fans name calling last year even with all the excuses we had..
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:What exactly do you think a couple years is??? 2 years thats exactly what I said?? I dont really understand why your so butthurt over any of this whats it concern you? If you dont like what I post then dont read it that simple.. So EKU how you gonna feel after tonight when Middlesboro beats Pikeville and I get on here and brag about how Middlesboro is the best in the state are you going to be able to prove me otherwise??

Brag all you want... that's your prerogative.

But there wasn't a single Pikeville person doing that this week. Not a single one! If you want to act like you have never been there before knock yourself out, but all you will be doing is continuing to feed the stereotype people have of your fanbase already.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:That Middlesboro squad was also 4-6 with wins over horrible teams and like I said we still took pburg down to a fg to win... As for the poster saying that Pburg team was just freshmen and sophomores that team 2 years ago was junior and senior heavy... Perhaps we will meet though atleast I hope..

You should really do research before you post. In 2012 Prestonsburg had a total of 15 juniors and seniors while Middlesboro had 11. Prestonsburg had a total of 28 freshman and sophmores while Middlesboro had 23.
Game day!!! Boro wins

Dude, there's something you have to understand...

Belfry, Pikeville, and Prestonsburg have consistently been local rivals in this area a VERY long time. Our fan bases love to pick and pound on each other, BUT...at heart, we all respect each other and want each other to do well (except for head-to-head matchups, of course...lol).

And much like family would be, we take up for each other when someone from OUTSIDE starts spouting disrespectful crap at any of our schools.

:Thumbs:
oneijoe Wrote:Dude, there's something you have to understand...

Belfry, Pikeville, and Prestonsburg have consistently been local rivals in this area a VERY long time. Our fan bases love to pick and pound on each other, BUT...at heart, we all respect each other and want each other to do well (except for head-to-head matchups, of course...lol).

And much like family would be, we take up for each other when someone from OUTSIDE starts spouting disrespectful crap at any of our schools.

:Thumbs:

Amen to that oneijoe. You are exactly right. Our teams can punch each other in the mouth when we play, but we shake hands after and have each others backs till next year.
baseball1974 Wrote:Your ignorance is only superseded by your adolescents. I hope you are a young kid? If not, it is truly embarrassing how middlesboro fans have acted over the past week. This is a good example of how mentally inferior middlesboro is, and why, over the last 10-12 years, they've gotten very good and comfortable at being a second round team.
I have been visiting this site since I was in high school, which to date myself, was four years ago. Until now, I have never felt the need to create an account to comment on a post, but the post about people from Middlesboro being "mentally inferior" has caused me to do so. As a native of that city, I can assure you that there are plenty of capable and intelligent people that currently live there and call the mountains home. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the game because I have prior commitments with school, but I would love to see the Yellow Jackets pull out a "W" in thrilling fashion. Good luck to both teams. I have always thought Pikeville was a classy program, I wish we could have played them in baseball when I was in high school.

This is my first post, so I apologize if the format isn't correct.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Amen to that oneijoe. You are exactly right. Our teams can punch each other in the mouth when we play, but we shake hands after and have each others backs till next year.
Exactly. I can't stand Belfry 1 week out of the year. I'm miserable, grouchy, and like a bull when I see red. The rest of the time I still don't like them, but I very much respect them. Don't even get me started on Hazard though, cuz it's about 3 weeks of the year I don't like them, even if we only play them once. Lol
I'm changing my pick to Pikeville based on the fact Middlesboro has the most classless fan base on bgrs.