Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday School Closings
So far the following have reported closed:

Magofflin, Lawrence, Estill, Lee, Leslie, Morgan, Menifee, Powell, Perry, Somerset
You might as well add Floyd, Johnson, and Pike. They are going to get it hard to, if there not already.
Well they cancelled the Valley game for tonight, they must think it's gonna get that bad, and if they are going to cancel the Valley game, school will be called off tomorrow.
Pike has just been added to the list! http://www.pike.k12.ky.us/
Add Pike to the list!!!

http://www.pike.k12.ky.us/
Great minds must think alike!! LOL..... We posted at exactly the same time!!
I hear ya. lol.
phs1986 Wrote:Great minds must think alike!! LOL..... We posted at exactly the same time!!

hey phs1986 do you have a recipe for homemade snow cream?
Is school really that bad these days? I've never seen so many exclamation points and happy people as when they call off school. Going never bothered me that bad. It's not like you have to do anything while you're there.
4 eggs (beaten)
2/3 c. sugar
2 c. milk
Pinch salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all together. Add enough CLEAN snow to make thick ice cream consistency.

Try this one.... I have another for "banana" snow cream too... SAME receipe BUT..... you add bananas.... you have to slice the bananas and then freeze them..... if you try it let me know...
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good
id say school will be out the rest of the week..I was all over Eastern, McDowell, Prestonsburg and Paintsville today, and the roads were covered everywhere..Pikeville is getting covered up too..
yea aint no point goin out if it continues to get worse and colder at that.
alfus21 Wrote:Is school really that bad these days? I've never seen so many exclamation points and happy people as when they call off school. Going never bothered me that bad. It's not like you have to do anything while you're there.

True, but its just the thought of school. lol, But I am actually getting tired of not going, I havent had anything to do and I havent seen any of my friends in forever!
phs1986 Wrote:4 eggs (beaten)
2/3 c. sugar
2 c. milk
Pinch salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all together. Add enough CLEAN snow to make thick ice cream consistency.

Try this one.... I have another for "banana" snow cream too... SAME receipe BUT..... you add bananas.... you have to slice the bananas and then freeze them..... if you try it let me know...

Will do, Im just waiting till we get enough chilled snow.
Some of these may be repeats, but here is what our area has so far

Ashland - Closed
Boyd County - Closed
Carter County - Closed
Elliott County - Closed
Fairview - Closed
Greenup County - Closed
Johnson County - Closed
Lawrence County - Closed
Lewis County - Closed
Magoffin County - Closed
Martin County - Closed
Pike County - Closed
Rowan County - Closed
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
i cant believe floyd is still on standby i know we are getting out but it stupid to wait its obvious their shouldnt be school.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Will do, Im just waiting till we get enough chilled snow.

Doc,
On the banana receipe..... AFTER the banana's are frozen.... mix everything including the banana's in a blender then add the snow.... I will look and see if I can find mamaw's old receipe that she had.... talk about some good snow cream!!!!
BlackcatFootball Wrote:i cant believe floyd is still on standby i know we are getting out but it stupid to wait its obvious their shouldnt be school.

Yeah really, were the only county who has to be different than everyone else.
Boys, Floyd is closed.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsnogo
o since what time, wymt/wkyt.com isnt reporting it. Thats y i asked.
Here is a couple of pictures of what snow I have gotten so far... one of them is about an hour ago and the other 2 are about 10 minutes ago... GOSH it's coming down!!!
i see the closing now
Wow, its really coming down in your parts, it is here to as well.