Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky football players suspended
Not shocked!

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/state-ken...nday-night
Late at night, campus put on lockdown? Afraid one game won't do. Three minimum.
Pretty stupid thing to do especially a so called future leader. Kind of like getting an unsportsmanlike penalty from the sideline when your the team captain and 4 star QB.
They should be off the team for good! I said it last year UK recruitted the wrong QB they should have recruitted Kuntz.
hop24 Wrote:Pretty stupid thing to do especially a so called future leader. Kind of like getting an unsportsmanlike penalty from the sideline when your the team captain and 4 star QB.

I believe I said Zeke Pike all over again last year!!!
Stoops Troops....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just wander if they weren't football players what would happen to them. If my son or daughter went to UK and this happened, I'd be calling for expulsions.
Completely stupid.
Makes us look like thug U over in Louisville.

Barker should just go ahead and go. Hes never going to start over Towles.
Boom Williams and Dorian Baker will be huge losses for the game this week.

Absolutely no excuse for this crap. It was just an airsoft gun, and some overreacting idiot has told campus police somebody was shooting a real gun, but it doesn't matter. These guys should have been in bed.

Go ahead and kick them all off for I care. They might get a second chance at Louisville.
they need more than a game, and the ones REDSHIRTING, need not be allowed to any home games the rest of year..
So stupid and immature. I have complete faith that Coach Stoops and his staff will address and punish these young men to the proper extent that this incident calls for. Just makes me shake my head that they couldn't comprehend how stupid they were being and now they have caused focus to go to them when this team needed to be fully looking at another big SEC matchup. Just ticks me off when these players can't see how blessed they are and go and do this kind of crap and they are hurting the team and not just their selfish selves.
UK1fan Wrote:They should be off the team for good! I said it last year UK recruitted the wrong QB they should have recruitted Kuntz.

hop24 Wrote:Just wander if they weren't football players what would happen to them. If my son or daughter went to UK and this happened, I'd be calling for expulsions.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Completely stupid.

Absolutely no excuse for this crap. It was just an airsoft gun, and some overreacting idiot has told campus police somebody was shooting a real gun, but it doesn't matter. These guys should have been in bed.

Go ahead and kick them all off for I care. They might get a second chance at Louisville.

cuppett777 Wrote:they need more than a game, and the ones REDSHIRTING, need not be allowed to any home games the rest of year..

I think most on this site as well as others are severely over reacting. It's not been 10 years since I lived on the campus of a college and these air soft guns were all over campus. My brother is in college now and just over the summer he was telling me how they would have air soft "wars" in their dorm. The only reason this escalated was someone reported that a real gun had been fired. Some of these guns may look real, but in no way do they replicate the firing of a real gun. Should the kids be punished? Absolutely, but I don't believe their intentions were to create a school lock down by alarming the police that their were gunmen on the campus. They were kids being kids, and sometimes kids get in trouble. But calling for their education and possible career to be taken away from them due to a TOY is absolutely absurd. Obviously some of you have not been on a college campus in a while.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I think most on this site as well as others are severely over reacting. It's not been 10 years since I lived on the campus of a college and these air soft guns were all over campus. My brother is in college now and just over the summer he was telling me how they would have air soft "wars" in their dorm. The only reason this escalated was someone reported that a real gun had been fired. Some of these guns may look real, but in no way do they replicate the firing of a real gun. Should the kids be punished? Absolutely, but I don't believe their intentions were to create a school lock down by alarming the police that their were gunmen on the campus. They were kids being kids, and sometimes kids get in trouble. But calling for their education and possible career to be taken away from them due to a TOY is absolutely absurd. Obviously some of you have not been on a college campus in a while.

Bb82 your perspective would have merit if we had never experienced Columbine, Va Tech, etc....this was an incredibly poor lack of judgement and common sense. There's a reason why folks go to paint ball facilities, woods, arenas to re-connect with their cowboy-indian, gi joe, youth gun battles. These aren't 10 year olds. They are held to higher standard at 17+ yrs old and receiving a free education. :Thumbs:

This wasn't a water balloon fight. And airsoft guns in the dark, and in the light for that matter, can very easily be confused for a real weapon. These kids are lucky a pro-active, gun ho cop didn't release some rounds in them. They're fortunate no one did get hurt and I wouldn't be surprised if they receive harsher penalties down the road!

Besides the fact this stupidity takes away from the attempted legitamacy of a UK program ideally on the upswing looking to gain program momentum , AFTER an SEC WIN. Haven't seen many of those around here for awhile. Instead we see college kids gone stupid!!!

SMH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Somehow I have found a way to agree with Spirit100 AND goBIGBlue82. This is a fairly harmless event HOWEVER we live in a Post-Colombine culture. Thus, 20 years ago this would be a slap on the wrist and "don't do that again" but now it probably deserves at least two games.
Spirit100 Wrote:Bb82 your perspective would have merit if we had never experienced Columbine, Va Tech, etc....this was an incredibly poor lack of judgement and common sense. There's a reason why folks go to paint ball facilities, woods, arenas to re-connect with their cowboy-indian, gi joe, youth gun battles. These aren't 10 year olds. They are held to higher standard at 17+ yrs old and receiving a free education. :Thumbs:

This wasn't a water balloon fight. And airsoft guns in the dark, and in the light for that matter, can very easily be confused for a real weapon. These kids are lucky a pro-active, gun ho cop didn't release some rounds in them. They're fortunate no one did get hurt and I wouldn't be surprised if they receive harsher penalties down the road!

Besides the fact this stupidity takes away from the attempted legitamacy of a UK program ideally on the upswing looking to gain program momentum , AFTER an SEC WIN. Haven't seen many of those around here for awhile. Instead we see college kids gone stupid!!!

SMH

I agree completely that it was a poor lack of judgement exercised by the players. These guys are held to a higher standard and should be. However, if they are going to be held accountable for their actions then so should be the hundreds to thousands of other kids on the campus' across the nation. Like I said I know for a fact that these air soft guns are in the dorms everywhere. How often do you hear of a kid being disciplined for having one on campus? But, you better bet if your education is free and you're an athlete everyone will want to make an example out of you. I said it was poor judgement and punishment should be handed down. However, I just feel that the punishment should fit the crime.

I would like to hear more from the report. Were they threatening other students posing the threat of real gunmen? Were they shooting the toy guns at pedestrians or were they firing among themselves? I'm sure after an investigation there will be more light shed on the incident.

Thats what happens when you start getting good players....

I'd say UK had Football players do stupid stuff before but No one really cared about them, but now that ppl have their eyes on the football team things like this will start popping up...

Welcome to College Football BBN
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spirit100 Wrote:Bb82 your perspective would have merit if we had never experienced Columbine, Va Tech, etc....this was an incredibly poor lack of judgement and common sense. There's a reason why folks go to paint ball facilities, woods, arenas to re-connect with their cowboy-indian, gi joe, youth gun battles. These aren't 10 year olds. They are held to higher standard at 17+ yrs old and receiving a free education. :Thumbs:

SMH

Nicely done Spirit. My thoughts exactly.
Were they participating in criminal activities or being stupid immature kids?
I might be missing something here. Was an actual crime committed, were the kids doing something that was illegal? Like I said previously, before judgement is made it might be best to wait until more light is shed on the situation.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Were they participating in criminal activities or being stupid immature kids?
I might be missing something here. Was an actual crime committed, were the kids doing something that was illegal? Like I said previously, before judgement is made it might be best to wait until more light is shed on the situation.

How many school shootings have their been? You don't walk in a campus with any gun! Have you been in a coma the past 15 years? :ChairHit:
Times have changed. In my day, this would not have been such a big deal. I remember when I was hired for my first teaching position the head teacher and football coach was giving me a tour of the small city and helping me find an apartment. I had gone shooting the day before and left several boxes of bullets in the side door of my truck. When he was getting in my truck at the school, he kinda did a double take and smiled. I didn't realize to later I had left them there. I guess he saw them. Today I figure I would be in big trouble.

What they did was stupid and has caused a lot of trouble. I think a one or two game suspension is about right.
UK1fan Wrote:How many school shootings have their been? You don't walk in a campus with any gun! Have you been in a coma the past 15 years? :ChairHit:

I don't make the laws. Maybe you should lobby for all toy guns to be illegal so our children will not have a fascination with guns. What they did was immature, stupid, and a poor lack of judgement and possibly character. However, it was not a criminal act. Unless a report comes out that they were acting with malicious intent to scare students or cause chaos. Then I would understand the harsh punishment of expulsion and legal action should be taken. However, if after the investigation it is ruled that they were only being immature kids I don't believe any other punishment is warranted besides games suspensions and extra conditioning. If the school decides they broke a rule in the University Code of Conduct then the University should also take action, if not then it should be over and done.They shouldn't have had toy guns and they should be punished accordingly. It was a horrible situation and after talking to my cousin there were a lot of people on campus genuinely terrified. However, although being stupid kids they can't be held completely responsible for the situation escalating. In today's society with the past tragedies people jump to conclusion causing a panic. Due to those tragedies it's better to be safe than sorry, but we shouldn't condemn if our suspicions are wrong. Over the last 4 years their have been several occasions on campus' that umbrellas were mistaken by students as guns and campus' were locked down in a chaos of panic. I suppose it's also those kids who thought it might rain that days fault for causing chaos on the campus?
UK1fan Wrote:How many school shootings have their been? You don't walk in a campus with any gun! Have you been in a coma the past 15 years? :ChairHit:

There has been less shootings than there has been school lock downs due to something being mistaken as a threat. But, for the reason that school shootings happen we must be prepared. It's always better to be safe than sorry. But, what right do we have to condemn when our suspicion is wrong? We can't just seek punishment because we were scared.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:There has been less shootings than there has been school lock downs due to something being mistaken as a threat. But, for the reason that school shootings happen we must be prepared. It's always better to be safe than sorry. But, what right do we have to condemn when our suspicion is wrong? We can't just seek punishment because we were scared.

4 big guys coming running at me with guns I am calling 911 and asking questions later!:Thumbs:
Sure what they did was stupid but idk about people calling for longer suspensions or getting kicked off the team. They are lucky some gung ho campus PD didn't open fire on them more than anything. One game and some extra running seems about right.
http://www.wave3.com/story/26666544/jcps...-on-campus

and we ask ourselves questions, debate, and wonder why....

Prayers for Fern Creek nation!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
In the politically correct world we live in, the media rules the teams, not the coaches.
Had they not been suspended, Stoops would have been drug threw the mud. We all understand this is horse shit with air soft guns, but they HAVE to be smarter. Its not about being kids or taking what looks like a real gun. Its about knowing that people over react on this stuff and they should have been in the bed. Theres no excuse for this.
Can't believe one of the six didn't have the sense to realize what was going on. How moronic this crew was. Three games off- for stupidity alone.
they wouldn't play at all this season for my football team
If Barker is being red-shirted how is a one game suspension even a penalty? From someone you believe is your future starting QB and team leader that is some pretty poor judgement. I am not sure he will sit two years behind Towles anyways, maybe this exposes him early.
:lame:

Really.....you clearly are clueless. Pull up UK players arrest records. Neither program needs to point fingers. You don't want to go down that road. Your "THUG" comment is crossing the line. And not just from stereotyping either.