Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Be The Next Governor?
What say you?

Brashear is finally about to leave due to term limits.
Who are the best options? who should we stay away from?
The democrats will probably send a liberal who claims to be pro-gun and pro-coal. Beshear's big thing coming in was not coal or guns, but rather to bring gambling to Kentucky.

I didn't care for Beshear coming in for obvious reasons to a conservative, but it was after he defeated Fletcher that I lost all respect for him. I feel like if you win an election, you should be classy toward your opponent as well as their base. Beshear won and then continued to bash Fletcher throughout his victory speech, rubbing salt in the wounds. That said a lot about the type of person he was. In addition, I know people who went to college with him that knew how he was - and I don't think they voted for him.

Jack Conway will likely run for governor. His sudden "evolving" on the gay marriage issue when the federal judge struck the ban down (from strongly defending it prior to that) and his emotional outpour of tears over the issue and how he wanted to be viewed in the history books made me sick. I sure hope the Republicans send somebody that is good.
WideRight05 Wrote:The democrats will probably send a liberal who claims to be pro-gun and pro-coal. Beshear's big thing coming in was not coal or guns, but rather to bring gambling to Kentucky.

I didn't care for Beshear coming in for obvious reasons to a conservative, but it was after he defeated Fletcher that I lost all respect for him. I feel like if you win an election, you should be classy toward your opponent as well as their base. Beshear won and then continued to bash Fletcher throughout his victory speech, rubbing salt in the wounds. That said a lot about the type of person he was. In addition, I know people who went to college with him that knew how he was - and I don't think they voted for him.

Jack Conway will likely run for governor. His sudden "evolving" on the gay marriage issue when the federal judge struck the ban down (from strongly defending it prior to that) and his emotional outpour of tears over the issue and how he wanted to be viewed in the history books made me sick. I sure hope the Republicans send somebody that is good.

Had Fletcher not got his hands dirty, im not sure Brashear would have ever made it to Frankfort.
Conway stands a good chance. Comer and Heiner appear to be running as well.
I would hope Conway, or Stumbo.