Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KET "Debate"
Well, I just finished watching the "debate" between McConnell and Little Lundergan on KET.

I have repeatedly called Little Lundergan "Clueless Barbie". I have also posted that i am no fan of McConnell. However, lack of personality is less dangerous to the people of the Commonwealth than cluelessness so I'll vote for McConnell.

Little Lundergan seemed to have all her answers rehearsed and memorized. I was amused that she kept stating over and over that the people of Kentucky knew her record. What record? She has no record.

The moderator asked her for specifics in regard to her "programs" but she offered none. She spoke in generalities. However, it was clear that she expected the federal government to foot the bill for whatever she thought was needed.

she did continually refer to "hard working Kentuckians". That is always a good liberal line. "Hard working" is always a pet phrase of liberals.

McConnell was his usual dry, boring self. But, he did deport himself well and refrained from belittling his "opponent".

All in all, the prospect of having the majority leader from Kentucky should surely tip the scale in favor of McConnell.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Well, I just finished watching the "debate" between McConnell and Little Lundergan on KET.

I have repeatedly called Little Lundergan "Clueless Barbie". I have also posted that i am no fan of McConnell. However, lack of personality is less dangerous to the people of the Commonwealth than cluelessness so I'll vote for McConnell.

Little Lundergan seemed to have all her answers rehearsed and memorized. I was amused that she kept stating over and over that the people of Kentucky knew her record. What record? She has no record.

The moderator asked her for specifics in regard to her "programs" but she offered none. She spoke in generalities. However, it was clear that she expected the federal government to foot the bill for whatever she thought was needed.

she did continually refer to "hard working Kentuckians". That is always a good liberal line. "Hard working" is always a pet phrase of liberals.

McConnell was his usual dry, boring self. But, he did deport himself well and refrained from belittling his "opponent".

All in all, the prospect of having the majority leader from Kentucky should surely tip the scale in favor of McConnell.

"Hard working." That sure is a liberal line used to attract, LOL. The only time many of the liberals are hard at work is when it comes to buying an Xbox, big screen TV, and plenty of steak all with taxpayer money. All while making it seem as if they are fully incapable of working.

Now that's talent.
The networks have been having a field day with her performance (or lack of it) last night. Mitch was shooting over her head throughout the debate as she seemed unable to grasp the fact that it is only the Republicans who have thwarted the much ballyhooed Obama declaration to eliminate the industrial use of coal, Kentucky's life blood. Pointing out the Senate record to that end, Mitch of course was spot on with all of his comments. Many of which were in response to Alison's canned talking points. She looked prepared, that is she seemed to have been told what to say but, not in any kind of interactive sense, which made her look detached and unable to engage Mr McConnell directly. He would respond and she would repeat a talking point like a robot.

She often ignored direct questions from the mod, and like putting a square peg in a round hole, tried to make one of her coached talking points fit as an answer. The evening was anything but graceful for Dems.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]