Mullins vs Johns Creek 1:00pm

Feds Creek vs Kimper 2:30pm

Pikeville vs Millard 4:00pm

Monday:

Belfry vs Dorton 6:00pm

Elkhorn City vs Feds Creek/Kimper 7:30pm

Tuesday:

Virgie vs Phelps 6:00pm
Very, very weak county tournament this year. With the two best teams ending up in the same bracket, it could get extremely ugly in the finals. Good luck Virgie, Pikeville, and Mullins. One of you have a great shot of making it to the finals and representing our area.
i agree with dortonwildcat5...i think things will be very ugly with the top 2 teams in the same bracket! whoever done the brackets should have never done what they done! :devilflam that should make some people furious!
Congratulations Lady Pirates on winning the Mountain Middle School Conference!! Good luck in the Pike Co. tournament. Bring home another championship!!!
Congratulations girls :1: .....and Good Luck in the Pike Co Tournament.:Cheerlead TongueirateSho
:1: [size=3]WAY TO GO GIRLS AND GOOD LUCK TONIGHT:Cheerlead [/size]
[QUOTE=streetball_1]i agree with dortonwildcat5...i think things will be very ugly with the top 2 teams in the same bracket! whoever done the brackets should have never done what they done! :devilflam that should make some people furious![/QUOTE/]

I agree, it shouldn't have been done like that. :dontthink The two teams that have been # 1 and 2 all year should be playing for 1st and 2nd place!
good job girls
Anyone know how the games are going tonight?
Belfry beat Dorton 44-20. Belfry led 12-0 after the 1st quarter and 27-4 at the half. Classy move on Coach May's part to come out and take care of business, and then let the bench finish out the game. Dorton is down this year and Belfry could have honestly beat them much worse if Coach May had wanted to. Good luck Belfry.

In the 2nd game, Elkhorn was up 38-23 after 3 quarters. It was 26-19 at the half.
Thanks for the info :thumpsup:

Way To Go Girls and nice job Coach May!!
Congrats to the BMS Lady Pirates. Keep up the good work.
Anybody have Tuesday's results.
Updates PLEASE on the tourney....

I know Belfry won last night and I think Virgie beat Pikeville.
*STAR* Wrote:Updates PLEASE on the tourney....

I know Belfry won last night and I think Virgie beat Pikeville.

Virgie beat Pikeville in OT. Not a bad year for the Panthers with only two eighth graders on the team.
My daughter plays for Pikeville and I want to be the first to say congratualtions to the Lady Pirates!!!! You are an awesome team and a wonderful bunch of girls. Your community should be VERY proud of you.
hillbilly Wrote:Virgie beat Pikeville in OT. Not a bad year for the Panthers with only two eighth graders on the team.

I heard this evening...must been a great game! We had to leave at half time when it was tied. Congrats to both teams!
WAY TO GO LADY PIRATES AND COACH MAY

CONGRADULATIONS ON A GREAT SEASON!TongueirateSho
TongueirateSho Belfry Wins Pike County Championship!!!!! Congratulations On A Great Season Girls And Coaches....35-1!!!!!!!:1:
Way To Go Bms Lady Pirates Great Job # 22 Amy Mccoy Mvp
CONGRATS TO THE BMS LADY PIRATES AND COACH

MAY..:letsparty ..BACK TO BACK COUNTY

CHAMPIONS....:1:
Great work effort by all the girls, you have done a great job this year. Now finish it off by taking STATE by storm.
Congratulations Coach May, he always pushes his players to reach their maximum potential and it shows. NICE JOB!TongueirateSho
Coach May has always been a class act ever since reaching the coaching arena. I have had the pleasure on several occasions of watching his teams play in area play and district play. He always teaches sound solid fundamentals, something which will make or break a team.

Nice job coach, congratulations girls!
Pressing a team when you are up 27 points in the forth quarter is not exactly what I call a class act!
hootie Wrote:Pressing a team when you are up 27 points in the forth quarter is not exactly what I call a class act!

And I would definitely not call it being a "COACH" when your opponent puts in his next five, and next five players and you continue to keep your starters in and press. Yes this happened the last time these two teams met, and not to mention the rudeness of the coaching staff. Get your facts before you post
hootie Wrote:Pressing a team when you are up 27 points in the forth quarter is not exactly what I call a class act!

I understand what you are saying, but when Virgie played at Belfry earlier in the season your coach kept her starters in against several young players and pressed them the rest of the game. So you are saying that Coach May is not a classy guy because on him pressing with a big lead. I think it shows no class to pressure a young group of ladies with your first five, just to make the score look closer. COach May has coached against me and had some powerhouse bb and fb teams at T.C. he never ran up a score. This might be a lesson for your coach to be respectful and pull her starters when the other team does.
I saw all the games between Belfry and Virgie this season and I have to agree with backseatbooster2. Coach May inserted his second and third five in the last game before the tournament and Virgie left thier starters in and continued to press them. Now with that said, I have to say that this is not a slurr on the Virgie girls because they did what was asked of them by thier coach. Sometimes payback can be a little hard to swallow and I know this to be a fact because as a coach I have run the score up and have had the same done to me and trust me it was a bitter pill to swallow. But, congratulations on finishing second in the Pike County Tournament to all the Virgie Girls...you did your best and you made your parents and fans proud. Now I want to congratulate the BELFRY LADY PIRATES on Back to Back County Championships, and on winning the Mountain Conference Championship!!! You ALL are a talented group of young ladies and you deserve what you earned!!! Stay focused because we, your fans and parents want to watch you in the Sweet 16 one day soon!!!
I guess I see your point, but I wouldn't hold that against the girls on Virgie's team. I would have liked to see Virgie press because every time I saw them play they never pressed unless it was a b team game. Coaches like to make decision to do this or to do that but its about the girls on the teams.
I agree that it is unfortunate that the Virgie girls suffered because of what their coaches did, but that is part of being a team. Both at Mullens and at Belfry, Coach May played every player on the bench to have Virgie's coching staff leave the starters in the game. Also, the coaches were very rude to coach May on three different occasions that I can recall, so the Virgie coaching staff had one coming to them. The Belfry coaching staff felt just as bad for the bench players on those two occasions as you (Hootie) did for your team. Coach May has been a class act all year by not playing the starters when Belfry had a big lead, so much so that it has hurt the girls by allowing them to get out of shape from playing only 2-2 1/2 quarters. Hootie, I have never met you, but from what I can hear you are a really good guy, but I think you took up for your team without knowing all the facts. I can respect that.
If that was a game that I didn't have any ties to I would have said the same things. I guess that is the old coach in me. If I was coaching a team and could beat them by 60 and then put my second five in I would be excited for them to be able to play such good talent. If my team couldn't beat that team by 60 then I would be upset, but that is my view. I cannot hold anything against anyone for making a coaching decision.

I am sorry for the comment that I made, but people need to realize that sports should be about the kids, not the coaches or parents. As adults we sometimes look pass that.

Congrats to coach May and the Belfry Pirates! Your future looks bright.
Congrats to Virgie on the season they had.