Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 27 Paintsville 21 in OT
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
final
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Closer than I expected.
Paintsville blew the lead with about a minute to go and then lost it in OT. But the Tigers did well since most people didn't even give them a chance!

Congrats to Hazard and good game Tigers!
Congrats to Hazard. I looked for it to be a close game. Nice job.
Paintsville self destructed. Led 21-7 and had the ball with 5 minutes left. Lost a fumble, gave up a 70yd TD run, gave the ball up on downs, gave up a last second TD and 2 pt conversion to force OT, then lost the game. The better team tonight didn't win, but I wanted Hazard again anyway.
wow, alot closer than I thought it would be. Congrats to Hazard.
sounded like an exciting game
Congrats Bulldogs on the win, Paintsville shot theirselves in the foot with mental mistakes and the striped shirts turned the yellow flags loose.
wow, unbelieveable, paintsville will be sure to remember this game for a long time....
really sad way to end the season, don't feel bad guys, we'll get hazard for ya next week
Awesome win for the bulldogs! Good luck on the rest of the season
Congrats to the Dawgs, that was one heck of a comeback. That's all I can say about that. The Tigers definitely shot themselves in the foot tonight, preparation is a key to winning. It wasn't there tonight, delay of games penalties, too many men on the field penalties, not enough men on the field forcing Paintsville to use timeouts. I seen a thread earlier in the week, taken the heat off some people. Blame whoever you want, but the kids played their asses off tonight.:igiveup:
The Blue Blur Wrote:Congrats to the Dawgs, that was one heck of a comeback. That's all I can say about that. The Tigers definitely shot themselves in the foot tonight, preparation is a key to winning. It wasn't there tonight, delay of games penalties, too many men on the field penalties, not enough men on the field forcing Paintsville to use timeouts. I seen a thread earlier in the week, taken the heat off some people. Blame whoever you want, but the kids played their asses off tonight.:igiveup:

Can Hazard come to Pikeville and win???
I wonder if the home team got some late calls in their favor? Did Hazard lose 2 LB's that quit?
Congrats Hazard
Congrats Hazard.

Here's to a better season next year for Paintsville. It was really sickening to watch them snatch defeat away from the jaws of victory tonight.
Congrats Hazard
After being blasted by Hazard just a couple of weeks ago, it shocked me that Paintsville nearly pulled this one out. The better team won tonight and hopefully will give Pikeville a good game. Congrats Tigers on your season and Daniel Pugh on all your accomplishments throughout your high school career.
Kayaker Wrote:After being blasted by Hazard just a couple of weeks ago, it shocked me that Paintsville nearly pulled this one out. The better team won tonight and hopefully will give Pikeville a good game. Congrats Tigers on your season and Daniel Pugh on all your accomplishments throughout your high school career.

If getting blasted is 21-8, what did Hazard get at Pikeville (42-6)? Obliterated? Paintsville was the better team last night, Hazard lucked out with a combo of timely flags and some Paintsville self-destruct.
jetpilot Wrote:If getting blasted is 21-8, what did Hazard get at Pikeville (42-6)? Obliterated? Paintsville was the better team last night, Hazard lucked out with a combo of timely flags and some Paintsville self-destruct.
I started to post that Paintsville was the better team, but thought about it and decided that, maybe Hazard was the better team as they did what they had to do to pull out the win. Paintsville looked to be the better team but there were way to many things that PHS did as a TEAM including all the players and coaches combined, (penalties and time management to mention a couple) that allowed Hazard to remain in the game! Therefor, I just couldn't bring myself to think that PHS was the better team.
I still think that Paintsville should have won, their players did not deserve to lose this game, and if they had won the game, nobody from Hazard would have doubted for a second that they should have lost for the way both teams played for most of the game.
Congrats to Hazard and good luck next week.
To the Tiger Seniors....keep your heads held high!!! This has only been a portion of what football has to do with making youngsters into well rounded men!
To the rest of the Tigers....Hard work and dedication is what makes CHAMPIONS!!!
Good job Hazard.. I new it was gonna be a good game. Good luck next week.. your gonna need it..IMO
Congrats Hazard on a HUGE win!!!!!
jetpilot Wrote:If getting blasted is 21-8, what did Hazard get at Pikeville (42-6)? Obliterated? Paintsville was the better team last night, Hazard lucked out with a combo of timely flags and some Paintsville self-destruct.

I'd say 42-6 is close to being obliterated! lol

Anyway, Paintsville should have won the game based on how the first 3 1/2 quarters went, that much would be hard for anyone to disagree with. But getting a big lead and keeping it are not the same thing. Hazard did what they had to do and Paintsville didn't. Blame lies with the coaches and the players. Can't blame the players for the penalties of shuttling players in and out. They only do what the coaches tell them. I thought that the Paintsville coaches did a terrible job toward the end of the game. The players didn't help, but who calls the plays and who tells the players what to do?

Anyway, great effort by the Tigers!! You at least had the game won and no one would have thought you would have been in the position you were in late in the 4th quarter.

As for penalties, there were some questionable calls, but not enough to have stopped Paintsville from winning if they had done what needed to have been done.
Panther#42 Wrote:wow, unbelieveable, paintsville will be sure to remember this game for a long time....
really sad way to end the season, don't feel bad guys, we'll get hazard for ya next week

:thumpsup: Good luck not that you should need it!! At least it is a home game for you guys!!
Congrats Dawgs..Way to step it up Tigers when everyone thought you all were done..Expected the Dawgs in a blowout....
Tough loss for the Tigers, but from what the score shows, good hard fought game..I expected Hazard to come out big with this one.
Congrats Dawgs....now go beat Pikeville!!!....GO BULLDOGS!!!!
I only got one thing to say about the timely penalties called, anyone who knows football and knows the rules, that pass interference called against PHS with .40 to go in the game was a crock of shit. The Hazard reciever pushed the PHS DB in the back while attempting to go after an uncatchable ball. The PHS DB NEVER stopped infront of him, made contact with him or anything, the guy pushed him in the back then fell down and the ref threw the flag. Worst call I have ever seen in my life. Who's to say they wouldn't have scored the next play, we'll never know, just a BS call IMO.

The play calling in OT blew my mind. They knew we were gonna run the veer like we had all night, Hazard had everyone in the box and we still tried running it up the gut.

Great effort Tigers, you boys played your butts off. Great career and way to hang in there Seniors, it was a pleasure watching you boys over the last couple years.

Good luck next week Hazard, you're gonna need it.
Just want to say congrats to Daniel Pugh on a fantastic career.
LovetheBucs Wrote:Just want to say congrats to Daniel Pugh on a fantastic career.
Has Daniel committed to any colleges yet?