Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Basketball Teams
Lets Hear It
Jc--paintsville--pikeville
How can you not say BELFRY....they have won the Mountain Conference and the Pike County Championships
I think they mean boys
Our boys are just getting started. They haven't played their first game yet.
They will start with a bang, hopes are that they can carry on the winning tradition which the BMS football team started for 2006-2007. COUNTY SWEEP!

Goodluck boys and coches.:Cheerlead
From what I have seen That is a very good possibility They look alot better than last year
Do you think Belfry can compete with Pikeville?

Do they have any new boys out who didn't play last year or have the ones they had gotten better. The year between 7th and 8th grade year is always interesting to see how much boys have improved.

I don't really see Belfry being up there with Pikeville, but they might be above the 2nd tier teams such as Millard, Virgie, and Dorton.
BlueChipper Wrote:They will start with a bang, hopes are that they can carry on the winning tradition which the BMS football team started for 2006-2007. COUNTY SWEEP!

Goodluck boys and coches.:Cheerlead

I hope so too:thumpsup:
cobra67 Wrote:From what I have seen That is a very good possibility They look alot better than last year

They did look good, didnt they!!
Verity
cobra67 Wrote:From what I have seen That is a very good possibility They look alot better than last year

I think they'll surprise a few teams this season.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:They did look good, didnt they!!

Yes. They did.
Louisa Middle School 8th grade is looking pretty good so far/came out really rough in the first panorama they played in but are looking stronger every day
Betsy Layne Elementary looks really good. They can play with anybody in the mountains at the middle school level.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Do you think Belfry can compete with Pikeville?

Do they have any new boys out who didn't play last year or have the ones they had gotten better. The year between 7th and 8th grade year is always interesting to see how much boys have improved.

I don't really see Belfry being up there with Pikeville, but they might be above the 2nd tier teams such as Millard, Virgie, and Dorton.

NO!

All you listed will be better than them, as I have seen them practice.

No Struthers and no Wilkerson = 12-18 losses like last year and Bobby getting technicals, tossed, him cussing alot, and embarrassing the Belfry name and class that Coach Haywood and Coach Casey teach.

No real standout players that I can tell but you can't tell by the way they practice because they do very little scrimmaging. They work on drills that will not help them in games.

Is Pikeville better than last year? I was told they were but have not seen them yet. I was told they are a lock for the county title though. Coach Garris deserves it.
Blackflag Wrote:NO!

All you listed will be better than them, as I have seen them practice.

No Struthers and no Wilkerson = 12-18 losses like last year and Bobby getting technicals, tossed, him cussing alot, and embarrassing the Belfry name and class that Coach Haywood and Coach Casey teach.

No real standout players that I can tell but you can't tell by the way they practice because they do very little scrimmaging. They work on drills that will not help them in games.

Is Pikeville better than last year? I was told they were but have not seen them yet. I was told they are a lock for the county title though. Coach Garris deserves it.

You make this judgement because you have seen them practice or because you have a problem with the coach.

I won't make bold statements and say that our boys will win every game that they play in, but they should be competitive. This group of boys have worked hard this summer and the results of this have already paid off with a football county championship.

You are probably right with the statement of "no one really standing out". No one really stood out on the football team either, but they played good team ball and success followed.
I think that Virgie is going to make some noise.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:You make this judgement because you have seen them practice or because you have a problem with the coach.

I won't make bold statements and say that our boys will win every game that they play in, but they should be competitive. This group of boys have worked hard this summer and the results of this have already paid off with a football county championship.

You are probably right with the statement of "no one really standing out". No one really stood out on the football team either, but they played good team ball and success followed.

Difference is you had a good coach in football, in basketball you got a Bobby Knight wanna be!
Blackflag Wrote:Difference is you had a good coach in football, in basketball you got a Bobby Knight wanna be!

You are correct in that we had a good coaches in football. As for the basketball coaches, I think that they do a fine job as well. This season is just getting started and it is way too early to tell. Last year was last year.

It is beyond apparent that you have a problem with Bobby, but you should remember that these athletes sometimes read these posts and might take them personally.
This has nothing to do with the kids at all.

I think they are great kids from what I have seen and I know some of the parents well. Some of the kids will be great football players and might turn into good basketball players once they get away from him but right now I don't think he can make them into basketball players. I think Lequire or May would be a better choice.

It takes great kids and parents to put up with Bobby and his arrogance so for that I tip my hat to you.

Now my problem with Bobby is this -

1. He is arrogant and cocky
2. He surrounds himself with arrogant and cocky Asst.'s
3. He knows nothing about basketball
4. He is untouchable- meaning he is protected by Mr. Hurley and Bobby Sr. and was protected by Mr. Welch and Mr. Dotson - thats changing now though
5. If it wasn't for his dad no one would have anything to do with him and he wouldn't be coaching.
6. He acts like every game is a championship game - why be so intense over basketball

I was hoping his dad would get beat so my son could attend BMS when he is ready to but sadly Mr. Hurley and Bobby Sr. brainwashed people into voting for him.
If you have a problem with Bobby, I suggest you talk to him about it. He isn't shy and I'd say he wouldn't put out cowardly shots on a message board like some people.
Mr. Right Wrote:If you have a problem with Bobby, I suggest you talk to him about it. He isn't shy and I'd say he wouldn't put out cowardly shots on a message board like some people.

I would love to "talk" to him about what I think about him but you either have to

A) - go through his mom, dad, brother, and buddies

B) - go to a bar

And he is pretty cowardly because the way he treats kids, a man wouldn't do that.
Blackflag Wrote:I would love to "talk" to him about what I think about him but you either have to

B) - go to a bar

And he is pretty cowardly because the way he treats kids, a man wouldn't do that.

Well, you sure don't care to speak your mind on here. I find it hard to believe you couldn't talk your way through all of those people to get to him.
Blackflag Wrote:I would love to "talk" to him about what I think about him but you either have to

B) - go to a bar

In what way has he ever mistreated a kid???
Have you watched him or ever listened to him during a ballgame? The way he talks to officials is embarassing and I know he says a few 4-letter words around the kids.

ITS MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL.

Everyone should get to play at some point and every game is not for the NBA title.

They play Johnson Central tonight go see how mant T's he gets and how his language is and how bad they lose. From what one of the parents told me I wouldn't be surprised if a player or 2 gets kicked out because of what he teaches.

He teaches them to be too physical, to dive after lose balls on top of other kids. Watch them practice, it looks like a wrestling match.

They knock peoples heads off to get the basketball.......basketball is non-contact WAKE-UP
This thread along with others has turned into a coach bashing when it should be about the teams and their efforts on the court.
Blackflag Wrote:Have you watched him or ever listened to him during a ballgame? The way he talks to officials is embarassing and I know he says a few 4-letter words around the kids.

ITS MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL.

Everyone should get to play at some point and every game is not for the NBA title.

They play Johnson Central tonight go see how mant T's he gets and how his language is and how bad they lose. From what one of the parents told me I wouldn't be surprised if a player or 2 gets kicked out because of what he teaches.

He teaches them to be too physical, to dive after lose balls on top of other kids. Watch them practice, it looks like a wrestling match.

They knock peoples heads off to get the basketball.......basketball is non-contact WAKE-UP

This team has been practicing with the high school and I am not sure where you are getting your information from, but my son has been playing basketball for several years and if you really think that basketball is a non-contact sport, then you haven't been around it much.

You do teach players to dive for loose balls. You do teach them to be aggressive for rebounds, etc. This isn't pee-wee.

As for us playing Johnson Central tonight, please do come. Then you can judge something other than a practice.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:This team has been practicing with the high school and I am not sure where you are getting your information from, but my son has been playing basketball for several years and if you really think that basketball is a non-contact sport, then you haven't been around it much.

You do teach players to dive for loose balls. You do teach them to be aggressive for rebounds, etc. This isn't pee-wee.

As for us playing Johnson Central tonight, please do come. Then you can judge something other than a practice.

VERY NICE POST!

Blackflag, where in the heck do you get your info??? You OBVIOUSLY have not been to a game THIS year Rolleyes !! As posted earlier, last year was last year, they did fine last year and so did 7th grade. And Bobby has been just fine throughout our 4 VERY CLOSE scrimmages this year which were also very physical! What should they do? Stand by while the other team dives for the ball and just give it to them. Our boys did GREAT against Adams Middle, Inez and Warfield and so did Bobby THIS YEAR. As far as last year goes and your statement about no Struthers no Wilkerson is a joke! 2 kids dont make a team...Im not going to dish ANYBODY especially a child and those boys had a lot of talent, they really did, but with that came a lot of issues and drama!! The parents with open minds could see that when those 2 were out for whatever reason, the boys played much better as a TEAM. Also you saying no stand out talent..YES that was talking about the kids but as posted earlier TEAM BALL WINS GAMES not "1" standout that daddy thinks is the best to ever walk. I will be at JC tonight as I have been to all of the scrimmages. Sounds like a personal problem to me. The only thing that you posted that I can agree with is that Keith or LeQuire would do a fine job too, but theres nothing wrong with Bobby either.

And for the record Im not brainwashed :thumpsup:

Im sure I have plenty more of your post to address but I have a game to get ready for.

LETS GO BMS Dont read this garbage!! You are a fine bunch of boys!
I have to spit out a comment here-these kids are in middle school now right? You bet they should be physical. They should know how to go after the ball and pull down a rebound. and NO, not everybody should get to play at some point. Its not youth league anymore, these are young men who have to learn to earn a position and take it when they don't.