Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8th Grade Boys Basketball 2014-15
Now that middle school basketball is starting let discuss who will be the top teams? Who are the top players?
I don't know if these kids will be playing middle school ball or not, but they are some of the top players across the state.

Kyle Rode-Lexington Christian
Shawn'Kel Knight-Goff-Noe Middle School
Korbin Spencer-Elliott County
Adam Sizemore- North Laurel
Michael Moreno- Scott County
Isiah Hunt- Madisonville
Rod Thomas- Paducah Tilghman
Diablo Stewart- Elkhorn Middle
David Johnson- Farnsley Middle
Cameron Blair- Beaumont Middle
Cameron Maguet- Corbin
Ryan Mathis- Graves County

*per Coast2Coastpreps
Dantaie Allen- Pendleton County
He will be starting varsity for Pendleton County.
kyle rode and adam sizemore will play high school only
Some of the Top teams will be
Scott Co
Elliott Co
JCTMS
Knox Co
Lebanon
Crosby
Elkhorn
N Oldham
Corbin
That's few of the better ones I'm sure there is some I have forgot that's really good teams.
Watched Knox play this weekend... They're good...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
South Laurel wins the north laurel tourny beating barbourville, losing to east perry, and then beating north laurel.
The folks from up in Georgetown seem to thinks here is Scott Co and then everyone else. Should be interesting to see if the Cardinals hold up to all the hype I been hearing . They had a great season last year . But I believe there is some teams that have a chance at knocking them off this year. We shall see this weekend they will get everyone best shot being the defending state champ.
Heard Moreno 6'5 point gaurd 6'2 if that's the case then they are the team to beat
centralky I think you may be right. I was talking to a buddy of mine from scott co other nite and he said nobody will come within 10 points of them all year.
The OVC looks to have some good teams. They are having the Pre-Season tournament at ECHS. Boyd Co looks real good, not much size but a lot of speed. Ashland has a couple of 6'2 guys, Robinson and Adkins. Robinson is the brother of Alexis Robinson who's going to Colorado. They beat a good looking Lewis Co team that features the Ruckles (sp) boy, brother of Brett. Fairview might surprise some people this year. Louisa is down a little this year. East Carter had a loss of some players moving up. Russell will need to improve a bit. Should be a good season in the OVC
Adam Sizemore. Enough said.
Adam wont be playing 8th grade
Knox beat Scott today. Not sure of score. Close game. Knox ended up winning by about 10
knox 60 scott co 49
buddy text me that score kba has it 55-48 knox over scott co
Knox defeated Scott again at KBAs King of the Bluegrass tournament today in 3 OTs. Think the score was 68-69
Sounds like a great game. If you would not mine would you post Knox schedule for the next couple weeks.
Was a great game. Both teams played well and both had as much fouled trouble as you would expect in 3 overtime game. Knox played pretty much the whole game without one of their key starters who took a bump on the head in the 1st quarter.
Knox only plays one game next week. Schedule for next couple weeks is

11/25 - South Laurel - home
12/1 - Wayne - home
12/5 -Clay - away
Thanks
Boyd County beat Ashland Middle School by 2 in the finals of the OVC pre-season tournament over the weekend. Ashland be East Carter to reach the championship game while Boyd Co had to fend off a scrappy Simons Middle School in two overtimes. Some good basketball in our part of the state.
Knox Adam Renfro is an Athlete!! On the court and on the football field as well
Here is an updated list seen on a website top 25 ky kids and top 5 teams

Top 25 & Top 5
Lots of talent in mountains of eastern ky it's worth taking a trip an checking some of them out Dorton elem has a guard worth watching Kobe Brown this kid has D1 wrote all over him watched this kid play a few times he is tuff!!! Dorton's Coach Randy Davis has done a great job with this kid!!!
Milton Wright from Christian Academy of Louisville is by far the best athlete in this class. Football team won state easy led by him and his basketball game has improved tremendously. Get a chance to watch him dunk hard on some teams this year!!
good even playing field this year
basketballnut Wrote:Lots of talent in mountains of eastern ky it's worth taking a trip an checking some of them out Dorton elem has a guard worth watching Kobe Brown this kid has D1 wrote all over him watched this kid play a few times he is tuff!!! Dorton's Coach Randy Davis has done a great job with this kid!!!

He is good in Pike Co but the county is very weak. He will be a good high school player but he is not close to D-1. No size, no speed, doesnt jump well, and doesnt shoot great. He does handle great and sees the floor good too.
Sorry to disagree Faith, Watched him practice with high school this summer and could hold his owe then, have you seen anyone that can handle the ball like this kid and pass? Games I have watched this year most was outside of Pike co not seen anyone that can guard him off the dribble, when he wants to score he can score be driving to hole or going to foul line isn't that what big time players do Shelby Valley future looks brighter when this kid gets there, he looks to be 5/10 already nice built frame one off the fastest kids on the floor everytime I have watched him play and his defense is scary what games I have seen so to say he is weak is a crazy, don't all kids have some things to work out as a 8th grader but what i been told this kid is a complete gym rat I think moves well jumps great and is quick his ball handling is one that i have not seen its crazy the way he sees the floor Dorton's had great players come though the doors to say he not one of the top ones is a understatement I will continue to track this kid for next 4 years but i think he has a bright future games i watch him in Wise Va, Johnson Co Belfry Pikeville and Paintsville he look great in all those games
Betsy Layne has the best 8th grade around. They lost one game to pikeville by one without two starters. Now with their starters back they haven't lost a game and average victory is 35.
Has anyone gotten any better that can compete with Knox or Scott co