Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th Grade Boys Basketball 2014-15
Now that middle school basketball is starting let discuss who will be the top teams? Who are the top players?
Top teams from last season:

Northern Middle (Pulaski)
Clay County (Hacker and Manchester Middle combined)
South Laurel
Scott County
Ashland
Crosby
Wayne County
Elkhorn
Hard to tell how it will play out. All those teams will be good. Northern added the oakes kid from science hill that will help them but fraley is playing high school so I dont know how many middle school games he will play. Cromer at south is back practicing after breaking his leg but will be awhile returning to game action. Clay will be good. manchesters guards was just 5th graders last year but clay will have hackers guards and there are two more elementaries that feed into clay middle burning springs and cant remember the other one. I am sure a kid or two on those two teams will help clay also. Clay has 3 pretty good big strong kids too.
Watched Hazard and Knox play this weekend... Hazard won...

Both pretty good 7th grade teams...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hazard is always tough.
Wayne beat Knox last week
South Laurel beat east bernstadt, lex catholic and north laurel to win north laurel tourny this weekend
After the Good showing South Laurel had at the 6th grade state last year. How come there not getting the measuring stick out early in this season and playing in the king of the bluegrass with the other top teams from around the state this weekend at the KBA . I would think they'd have the talent to make a good run at a tournament like this with what I seen from them last year.
Nice field of teams in the 7th grade King of the Bluegrass this weekend at the KBA. Clay Co., Northern, Crosby, Scott Co., Knox Co., Elkhorn, Hazard, and Boyle Co. just to name a few.
N Marshall is suppose to be undefeated so far thru middle school from the western part of the state.
N. Marshall is coming a very long ways to not be very good. I'm sure they are coming to see how they stack up against good competition.
Rockcastle beat Northern Saturday by 2. This was Northern without Fraley or Sloan. Northern beat Meece by 10. Sloan played but Fraley won't be back for a few more weeks. Clay County also beat Northern.
Northern has some really good basketball players. Fraley always done so much for them that the other guys have to learn to play without him. It will help northern playing without fraley for awhile in the long run. imo They will be even better when he returns.
Meece 7th put a beating on south laurel last nite by 22. South never could get anything going. South was playing without their starting center for a quarter(discipline) and got down 12-2 and never recovered. Meece played well.
When does Cromer return for South? He will make a big difference in that team. Meece has improved a lot.
Cromer was cleared 2 weeks ago to play but his dad wont let him play yet.
Crosby beat Northern in the finals of the King of the Bluegrass. Northern was playing without both Fraley and Sloan. Crosby is a very good team.
south laurel travels to southern tonite should be a good one to watch.
Wayne beat northern... Both teams looked really good. Wayne just had a couple of players out hustle northern.. Great team.
Wayne wins northern 7th grade tournament.. I think lex. Catholic won 8th and have not heard about 6th
Clay is also a great team. Can't wait till tournament time it will be a great one just like last year.
Ashland (17-2). Won Russell Red Devil Thanksgiving Tourney and Boyd County Christmas Tourney. Only losses in preseason.
Who will be the top 7th grade teams in state tournament next weekend?
Oldham fisherman Wrote:Who will be the top 7th grade teams in state tournament next weekend?

Clay co. should be a favorite. I watched them win the dicks's sporting goods tourney up there back in dec. They also won 2nd at the same time playing in the 8th grade division as well with only 1 8th grader playing with them.
Wayne and Northern are two top teams. Northern is the defending champion but I don't think that Wayne has lost this year. The 12th region should be represented well at 7th grade state this year. It's hard to tell during the season bc so many kids are playing up and don't play every game at their grade level. Should be an exciting tourney.
Northern, Wayne, Clay Co. and Crosby will be 4 of the top teams at the state tournament.
Eastside Middle is 45-2 this year with their only losses coming to a New Albany AAU team.
Northern, Wayne, Crosby, clay, and Ashland could all win it. But there can only be 1 team. Should be good
ky playmaker Wrote:N Marshall is suppose to be undefeated so far thru middle school from the western part of the state.

How did N. Marshall do in that tourney back in November? Just wondering if they are considered a contender?
Clay defeated North Marshall 52-40 in the King of the Bluegrass tournament in November. NM has dominated in the western part of the state (according to one of their parents). Clay handed them their first loss of the season. As far as being a contender.....I'd say yes IF they were able to schedule some stiffer competition later in the season. They had some quality size in the paint.