Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th Grade Boys Basketball 2014-15
Now that middle school basketball is starting lets discuss who will be the top teams? Who are the top players?
Hacker Middle looks to be a pretty good 6th grade team. I saw them at the KBA last weekend.
Northern's 6th is pretty good.
Lex Cath wins the 6th grade North Laurel tourn with Mt View runner up. 2 good teams, Mt View had to play without prob their best player who got hurt first game of the tourn.
Where is Mt. View?
leslie co
a good 6th grade tourn, south laurel who has beat Mt View in another tourn, Manchester, Lex Cath and North. North was the weaker of them but the other teams were real close.
Northern, Lincoln Co., Highlands, and Meece are 4 of the top teams in the state
I wasnt overly impressed with northern vs south laurel. Northern must not have played well at south. South just about beat them. 1 or 2 point game the whole game. I def didnt come away thinking they was top 4 team in the state. South aint
I think Elizabethtown, Paintsville, Clark Co. and E.J. Hayes will be good. g.h.i.p.t. a.a.u. also had a bunch of good 6th graders. Not sure where they went . I think Meece and Etown could be the top two. They have played together a lot. Well coached and good players.
Clark Co. should be good. I think they had a group called C3 in AAU last year. Good team if those kids are on the Clark Co. team.
Shining Stars AAU team and Key Players were really good team last year and I think most of those kids were from Eastern KY. The Key Players kids may be from around the Ashland area since it was a Hunington, WV organization. Shining Stars may have been from Paintsville. If that were the case I would think Paintsville could be a really good team. Also, Varity from Ashland. I don't know if this is the case. I'm only speculating.
Also, I think some of the GHITP kids were from Shelbyville so one might think Shelby West could be good.
As far as school teams go - I watched some games at Hazard last Sat and saw Wolfe County 6th grade beat Whitesburg about 50 points - Wolfe Co 6th grade looked good
Gametime was made up of Ft. Thomas kids. I have heard Highlands is the best 6th grade team in NKY. Beechwood is comprised of KY Bulls players and I hear they are probably the 2nd best team in NKY.
ky playmaker Wrote:I wasnt overly impressed with northern vs south laurel. Northern must not have played well at south. South just about beat them. 1 or 2 point game the whole game. I def didnt come away thinking they was top 4 team in the state. South aint
Meece beat Northern by 20 so I'm thinking you are probably right.
Meece beat Manchester in the finals of the King of the Bluegrass Invitational.
Meece beat Wayne County by around 20...Wayne was missing two of their best players though. It will be interesting to see how the next game between the two goes. I expect it to at least be a little closer.
Christian Academy of Louisville is beating all 6th grade teams by 20+. They are beating 7/8th grade teams too. They will make a run in the state tourney.
When is the state tourney for the boys? Dates please??
SNOWPIERCER Wrote:When is the state tourney for the boys? Dates please??
6th Grade state is January 23-25 at the KBA in Lexington.
Are there any known for sure registered to play next week in the 6th grade state tournament at KBA?
How are regions divided for the state tournament?
I have heard there are over 50 teams registered to play next weekend at state.
Tournament teams and games announced for the KBA 6th Grade tournament.

http://www.playkba.com/Event-Schedules/T...-Schedules