Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. @ Belfry 3rd Round Regional Championship
dawg fan Wrote:All three will be back it was not a violation of teams rules, here is the full story, wymt was at the school for a basketball preview show 4 players left the school grounds to go get lunch without permission. By school policy the 4 basketball players were suspended from school thus they were not eligible to play any sporting event, 3 of the 4 players were also football players. That is the whole story, on another note looks like morgan o'brian will be out with an injury.
Thanks Dawg Fan for bringing to light the full story I was wondering what had really happened. One part is I'm glad to see the school doing the right thing about following rules no matter who it is. Second part is I hate to here about Morgan not playing due to a injury. LC needs everyone plus so I just hope that his team mates will step up and give him a chance to play next week. Good Luck to both teams it's going to be cold (football weather yes sir) Hope all my dawg family has safe travels to pike co and back. GO DAWGS :Cheerlead
Dawg Family Wrote:Thanks Dawg Fan for bringing to light the full story I was wondering what had really happened. One part is I'm glad to see the school doing the right thing about following rules no matter who it is. Second part is I hate to here about Morgan not playing due to a injury. LC needs everyone plus so I just hope that his team mates will step up and give him a chance to play next week. Good Luck to both teams it's going to be cold (football weather yes sir) Hope all my dawg family has safe travels to pike co and back. GO DAWGS :Cheerlead

Please don't take this as a shot at Obrien by any means whatsoever. Just thinking out loud.

Maybe not having OBrien is a good thing for LC? OBrien is a very good back, but he is more predicated on running in clean air and using his agility and wiggle in open space. From what I have seen he is most effective when he busts a run outside or LC gets him in the second level using misdirection.

Belfry's defense is too fast for his style as evident in the first meeting where he has 7 carries for -5 yards. The best way to attack this Belfry defense is a back who can just explode into the hole and can overpower Belfry's second level defenders.

Belfry has shut down some very good RB's this year. The ones who have had the most success have been Pugh (Pikeville), Huff (Harlan Co), and Mullins (Pike Central). All three were straight ahead runners. Doan had a nice stat line against Belfry due to one carry, but he was maybe averaging 2 yards a carry if that beyond that lone gain.

The best rushign weapon against Belfry is a QB who can scramble... if LC wants to have sustained success on the ground tonight they need Kiser to make plays with his feet and they need a HB who will explode into the hole with reckless abandon.
[SIZE="3"]Can anyone answer my question??

What day is today???[/SIZE]

IT'S GAME DAY AT CAM STADIUM!!!!!

:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:
Oh, and what a game it's gonna be, too.

The Belfry Pirates
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...6futjXWfWO]

The Lawrence County Bull Dogs

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...rPe4sCSX7Q]

This will be the best game in the region, so come on out and support your team

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest!!!

Thank you Seniors!!!![/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Please don't take this as a shot at Obrien by any means whatsoever. Just thinking out loud.

Maybe not having OBrien is a good thing for LC? OBrien is a very good back, but he is more predicated on running in clean air and using his agility and wiggle in open space. From what I have seen he is most effective when he busts a run outside or LC gets him in the second level using misdirection.

Belfry's defense is too fast for his style as evident in the first meeting where he has 7 carries for -5 yards. The best way to attack this Belfry defense is a back who can just explode into the hole and can overpower Belfry's second level defenders.

Belfry has shut down some very good RB's this year. The ones who have had the most success have been Pugh (Pikeville), Huff (Harlan Co), and Mullins (Pike Central). All three were straight ahead runners. Doan had a nice stat line against Belfry due to one carry, but he was maybe averaging 2 yards a carry if that beyond that lone gain.

The best rushign weapon against Belfry is a QB who can scramble... if LC wants to have sustained success on the ground tonight they need Kiser to make plays with his feet and they need a HB who will explode into the hole with reckless abandon.

Maybe so but I'm a firm believer that its the big boys on the line that makes it happen. LC has a good full back in Mosley that hits the hole has hard as anyone but even that didn't work last time agiants belfry. Obrian is just another part of the team that at anytime he can break one loose and with that the D has to keep an eye on him. With that said LC has a few other running backs that is as good or maybe better. But what I hate about it is for any senior not being able to play in what's most likely the last game that he will ever be able to strap on that helmet. So like I said I hope his team mates step up and maybe gives him a chance to do that at least one more time. Go Dawgs
I like Belfry in this one.
Belfry 35
Lawrence Co 24
WHERE is KyRock today????

I miss him!!!
^ He was probably in class. (High School class)

Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:WHERE is KyRock today????

I miss him!!!

I would say he is at the beauty shop wants to look his best after all its not everyday you get the opportunity to meet the legendary GRANNY BEAR!!
Granny bear is feeling under the weather today. I don't think she is gonna make it to the game. Get better granny.
:bounce::bounce: You Rang!!!!!!!!!!!! Confusednicker:
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ He was probably in class. (High School class)

Smile

Yeah I Wish I was that Young again Confusednicker:
LC by a Touchdown in OverTime!!!!