Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. @ Belfry 3rd Round Regional Championship
dawg fan Wrote:Lc will have to play a perfect game and hope they can turn belfry over a few times. Lc can match belfry at the skill postions, but belfry's o line and d lines are to big and to athletic for lc's lines. The coaching staff will have to come up with a game plan to neutralise belfrys d line as much as possible, and that is a lot easier said than done. Hope for a good low scoring game. (Hate that dame train horn). Good luck to both teams. Hey skully03 turn the heat on over there at the cam.
I'll have it on all week. Lol. I don't think it works on the visitor side though. Lol.
skully03 Wrote:I'll have it on all week. Lol. I don't think it works on the visitor side though. Lol.

Just my luck.
Crossbones Wrote:Lol.. I hate the horn too, but it ain't no worse than those fireworks. I hate those too!

Yea but lc has heard that train horn way to much in the last few years!
dawg fan Wrote:Yea but lc has heard that train horn way to much in the last few years!

LOL...I feel ya!
This should be a good game and I think Lawrence is a better team overall at this point in the season than they were first time around. The playoffs are a survive and advance mentality and regardless of what the Magoffin score was that's what they did. Kids stepped up for players that were out and that is what good teams do. Both teams at close to 100% should equal a great game. I've been jinxing teams lately so I'm not going to make a prediction. This could come down to mental toughness and executing a gameplan. Something both teams have done well as of late.
With Belfry at or around 100%, which they were around 70% the first meeting between these 2 schools, LC wont be able to keep up for 4 quarters. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that LC just couldnt keep up on the LOS for the whole game. Would love to see another great upset, but I dont think it happens here. Belfry wont have the turnovers they had in the first game either.

Belfry 42
LC 14
Belfry - 43

Lawrence County - 13
Belfry with a running clock
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jimdog Wrote:This game will come down to the LC coaching staff and if they put the right players on the field in the right positions. IMO belfry was lucky to come away with a win in the last game. LC also had injuries last game, the starting left and right off. Tackles were out with injuries. The left tackle is back and doing good and the right tackle that is filling in for Ratliff is getting better every game. LC needs to put their BIGDAWGS (250+lbs) on the D-line for this one, to clog the middle and slow Hatfield down, and to double team or help out on Horton to slow him up. If LC does these 2 things I think everyone is going to be surprised at the final score.

Someone's been hitting the sauce a little too much Smile

A healthy, focused Pirate team will take care of business come Friday......which will disappoint many here on this board....
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:With Belfry at or around 100%, which they were around 70% the first meeting between these 2 schools, LC wont be able to keep up for 4 quarters. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that LC just couldnt keep up on the LOS for the whole game. Would love to see another great upset, but I dont think it happens here. Belfry wont have the turnovers they had in the first game either.

Belfry 42
LC 14

They just need to find a way to keep belfry uncomfortable and they'll be in this game. If Belfry gets in a groove and things start clicking on their end then they'll probably run away with it easily.
Belfry-34
LC-12
Belfry 35
Lawrence 21
Not sure about the 100%. I was just told that we had two (Austin Dotson and Brayden Preece) more starters going to be out. It appears that Dotson had a shoulder separation occur during the PCC game and I don't know about Preece. Not sure about these injuries, if anyone could give me an update I would appreciate it.
Daddy Fred Wrote:Not sure about the 100%. I was just told that we had two (Austin Dotson and Brayden Preece) more starters going to be out. It appears that Dotson had a shoulder separation occur during the PCC game and I don't know about Preece. Not sure about these injuries, if anyone could give me an update I would appreciate it.

Brayden is out due to a long thoracic nerve injury as well as a deep tissue injury to the muscles that stabilize his scapula.
First I want to thank some of the Lawrence County fans that has pick Williamsburg to win 1A in the east this year....Now I hope y'all understand that I am a belfry fan unless Belfry plays Corbin in the State Championships Game. GO Redhounds Confusednicker:

Belfry 49
Lawrence County 21

:betterthanexpected:
Belfry0304 Wrote:Lol Belfry had injuries too, brother. A lot more than Lawrence... a lot more than most teams actually. No excuses.
@Belfry0304 Yea I know that Belfry had injuries as you and 2 other belfry fans had stated in the posts before mine. I was just stating that LC had some injuries in that last game as we'll. No excuses being made here, just stating facts as you did in the post before mine " brother".)
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Someone's been hitting the sauce a little too much Smile

A healthy, focused Pirate team will take care of business come Friday......which will disappoint many here on this board....
@Josey You seem to know about the sauce so r u giving out freebies? I don't think belfry is fully healthy and I think they r looking past LC like some of the fans r. LC by 10
LC has Belfry's complete and undivided attention I can assure you. Good luck and safe travels from Louisa, but I don't think this one will be as close as the first meeting.
Pirates by 3+ TD's
64SUR Wrote:First I want to thank some of the Lawrence County fans that has pick Williamsburg to win 1A in the east this year....Now I hope y'all understand that I am a belfry fan unless Belfry plays Corbin in the State Championships Game. GO Redhounds Confusednicker:

Belfry 49
Lawrence County 21

I see how you are Confusednicker: Thing is I've not picked Williamsburg to do anything Confusednicker:
Pikeville or Raceland/Paintsville it doesn't matter. Pick any 3 from the East. They will be there!!!!!
Can LC win- YES , Will LC win - NO

If Belfry plays to their potential this game will be over by the end of the 3rd quarter but that's why we play the game.
I think if Belfry wants to prove they are who 3A thinks they are they have to stick it to Lawrence this Friday and show they've improved since the first meeting.
IronMan86 Wrote:Brayden is out due to a long thoracic nerve injury as well as a deep tissue injury to the muscles that stabilize his scapula.

Hate to hear that, is that a season ender?
As far as Dotson, I noticed he was out. Jordan Wolford has been getting a lot of reps I've noticed, so I'd say he steps in for Dotson. Losing Preece definitely hurts your depth, as he was backup center and rotated in a ton among guards (to be honest I'm not sure who starts between him and Jordan Scott)
LC Wins
27-21
Good luck Bulldogs! I haven't been on in a while but just wanted to say how proud I am of these boys. When things didn't go their way they didn't lay down. They fought hard and turned what could've been a sub par season into a good season.
64SUR Wrote:First I want to thank some of the Lawrence County fans that has pick Williamsburg to win 1A in the east this year....Now I hope y'all understand that I am a belfry fan unless Belfry plays Corbin in the State Championships Game. GO Redhounds Confusednicker:

Belfry 49
Lawrence County 21

Go Dawgs :Cheerlead
Belfry

It will be closer than the experts think.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pirates by 14.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Hate to hear that, is that a season ender?
As far as Dotson, I noticed he was out. Jordan Wolford has been getting a lot of reps I've noticed, so I'd say he steps in for Dotson. Losing Preece definitely hurts your depth, as he was backup center and rotated in a ton among guards (to be honest I'm not sure who starts between him and Jordan Scott)
Wolford didnt go in for Dotson..Gibbs hurt his ankle and they set him for a couple series...and,Dotson is not hurt .its just Preece..So we are at full strength on our line..