Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Mark Stoops a good Football Coach?
I think Stoops is a good coach... But lets be real it's Kentucky Football... How good can they really be???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff is right. It's Ky football. This year is still a "rebuilding" one. First half of season was good. Second half- total disaster. QB position is still up in the air grade-wise. Tackling is worse than it has ever been before. Vols at 4 and 5 drop 50 on D. That tells it all. And special teams have had a pathetic year. The red-shits and in comings must make a difference next year or else he will go down the tubes. BTW - no wi
No wins vs teams with a winning record.
ekff is right. It's Ky football. This year is still a "rebuilding" one. First half of season was good. Second half- total disaster. QB position is still up in the air grade-wise. Tackling is worse than it has ever been before. Vols at 4 and 5 drop 50 on D. That tells it all. And special teams have had a pathetic year. The red-shits and in comings must make a difference next year or else he will go down the tubes. BTW - no wins vs team with a winning record.
Sorry, computer messing up.
ekff Wrote:I think Stoops is a good coach... But lets be real it's Kentucky Football... How good can they really be???

Yea, but at the same time, ND's last title was 26 years ago. That's older than a lot of members on this site.

My point being if you don't win it all it should be considered a failure.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yea, but at the same time, ND's last title was 26 years ago. That's older than a lot of members on this site.

My point being if you don't win it all it should be considered a failure.

When was Kentucky's last title in Football???

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oh come on now. Let's not get in to the irrelevance of Note Dame football. Things like the Internet has been invented since ND was relevant.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Oh come on now. Let's not get in to the irrelevance of Note Dame football. Things like the Internet has been invented since ND was relevant.

ND must be relevant bc u keep bringing them up...

U want to talk about being irrelevance UK has a football coach with a 7-15 record and they gave him a raise... :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They did not just give him one raise they gave him two.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think the verdict is still out on the coaching.

One things for sure, he sure as hell didn't deserve a raise.

His one hope is landing great recruiting classes. If he continues to have kids decommit and head to Ohio State and other places, and then cant even keep the home state kid home in Harris then I say hes done. If he doesn't have the best UK recruiting class of all time next year, we might as well write him off as another Joker and start looking for another coach.

Im like u.....I think the story on Stoops has yet to be told but I think some staff changes are definetely warranted. And I sure couldnt understand the new contract.
I don't believe a good coach would have one of the worst tackling teams in America and the worst special team in America at the end of his 2nd year? It seems to me that a good coach's team would be showing signs of becoming fundamentally sound in his 2nd year not signs that the program is falling apart??
ekff Wrote:ND must be relevant bc u keep bringing them up...

U want to talk about being irrelevance UK has a football coach with a 7-15 record and they gave him a raise... :biglmao:
Charlie Weis
You Kentucky fans never cease to amaze me. Stoops didn't actually inherit a juggernaut program. He has had 2 very good recruiting classes, however to compete week in and week out in the SEC you have to have depth and the lack there of has caught up with UK as the season has progressed.

See how Stoops does with the next 2 recruiting classes. I think UK is headed in the right direction, UK has some athletics now that are football players but need some depth. I wish UK and WVU would do a home and home SEC/Big XII type deal would be good for both programs.

Now if you UK fans will relax, it's basketball season and you celebrate that for the next 5 months, before you have to turn your attention back to football.
Mountaineer Man Wrote:You Kentucky fans never cease to amaze me. Stoops didn't actually inherit a juggernaut program. He has had 2 very good recruiting classes, however to compete week in and week out in the SEC you have to have depth and the lack there of has caught up with UK as the season has progressed.

See how Stoops does with the next 2 recruiting classes. I think UK is headed in the right direction, UK has some athletics now that are football players but need some depth. I wish UK and WVU would do a home and home SEC/Big XII type deal would be good for both programs.

Now if you UK fans will relax, it's basketball season and you celebrate that for the next 5 months, before you have to turn your attention back to football.
I think it would be good game too. It will never happen because WVU is not a mid major bottom feeder.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gut.....how old are you? What was it ND was playing for just a couple of years ago?? I've been watching UK football for nearly forty five years. How far as U of L come in the last twenty years? I can remember the Cards playing in old Fairground Stadium with twelve thousand fans in very mid major conferences. At the time I would never thought Louisville would ever be where they are now. Pretty incredible. And U of L expanding the stadium again. I've seen this dog and pony show too many times. UK has been sitting at the big boy table a long time. They have had numerous chances to beat the big boys.....every year. Headed in the right direction.....I've heard that a hundred times. And UK will be better. You won't be on part with the big boys.....but competitive. Upsets occassionaly. Even with the recruiting year UK is having....nine SEC teams are recruiting better. I see a bigger problem in Lexington and that is and always will be.....the culture. It will never change. Read the book the The Thin Thirty. See if you can figure out what that is. UK had the opportunity. I tell you what....if all "loserville" can do is squeeze out eight wins in football....I can't wait until they start winning. You spew some incredibly ridiculous comments. ...just ignorance. It should embarrass you......especially if you are a "moderator."
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Gut.....how old are you? What was it ND was playing for just a couple of years ago?? I've been watching UK football for nearly forty five years. How far as U of L come in the last twenty years? I can remember the Cards playing in old Fairground Stadium with twelve thousand fans in very mid major conferences. At the time I would never thought Louisville would ever be where they are now. Pretty incredible. And U of L expanding the stadium again. I've seen this dog and pony show too many times. UK has been sitting at the big boy table a long time. They have had numerous chances to beat the big boys.....every year. Headed in the right direction.....I've heard that a hundred times. And UK will be better. You won't be on part with the big boys.....but competitive. Upsets occassionaly. Even with the recruiting year UK is having....nine SEC teams are recruiting better. I see a bigger problem in Lexington and that is and always will be.....the culture. It will never change. Read the book the The Thin Thirty. See if you can figure out what that is. UK had the opportunity. I tell you what....if all "loserville" can do is squeeze out eight wins in football....I can't wait until they start winning. You spew some incredibly ridiculous comments. ...just ignorance. It should embarrass you......especially if you are a "moderator."

First bolded----30

Second bolded---They played in a game they never should have been in after playing a horribly weak schedule. We all know the result of that beat down. Not even Mante fake girlfriend felt that dead. Complete domination. They probably wasn't even a top 25 team.

Third bolded---A lot farther than UK. Its sad that we now only lead the series 14-12 and im almost positive it will be 14-13 after this year. Petrino and Strong made them contenders. They just demolished a Florida team in the sugar bowl and we haven't beaten Florida in almost 20 years. Either way, Louisville and its fans are still garbage. I wasn't kidding when I said we should give Louisville to Indiana. If there was ever a vote, I would vote to allow it. Ive never met one single Lville fan I liked in my entire life and watching them talk complete garbage about UK on a regular basis makes me despise your kind even more.

Fourth bolded- IM SORRY. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A MESSAGE BOARD WHERE PEOPLE WERE ALLOWED TO COMMENT. Ill check the rules to make sure im doing it right. You sound like a liberal censor.

Fifth bolded- One of the rules of being a mod is to not change who you are. Theres a reason mods are chosen and I was exactly the same way I was before being a mod. If you don't like it, im sure you will agree with the mods on loservilles scout page. Im free to express my opinion just like anyone else.

In other words, im completely fine with beating you asses off in basketball every single year. I don't necessarily care about the football team. I would imagine that my loyalty sits around 95% basketball and that's where our attention should be focused.
As for your garbage comments on Lville being so stout, you do realize UK has still has the advantage in head to head.

So I ask, if UK has such a horrible football team, what does that say about the Lville program?

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/image...BGTgixtZnA]
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Gut.....how old are you? What was it ND was playing for just a couple of years ago?? I've been watching UK football for nearly forty five years. How far as U of L come in the last twenty years? I can remember the Cards playing in old Fairground Stadium with twelve thousand fans in very mid major conferences. At the time I would never thought Louisville would ever be where they are now. Pretty incredible. And U of L expanding the stadium again. I've seen this dog and pony show too many times. UK has been sitting at the big boy table a long time. They have had numerous chances to beat the big boys.....every year. Headed in the right direction.....I've heard that a hundred times. And UK will be better. You won't be on part with the big boys.....but competitive. Upsets occassionaly. Even with the recruiting year UK is having....nine SEC teams are recruiting better. I see a bigger problem in Lexington and that is and always will be.....the culture. It will never change. Read the book the The Thin Thirty. See if you can figure out what that is. UK had the opportunity. I tell you what....if all "loserville" can do is squeeze out eight wins in football....I can't wait until they start winning. You spew some incredibly ridiculous comments. ...just ignorance. It should embarrass you......especially if you are a "moderator."
I agree that Louisville has made great strides in football over the years but I have to say that developing a consistently winning program in the ACC and the Big East isnt even comparable to developing a winning program in the SEC and, if Louisville fans were honest, I think that they would agree. That is self evident when u have a top 25 recruiting class in the nation and u are still in the bottom half of the SEC in recruiting. Comparing the 2 programs are really like an apples and oranges scenario! Dont get me wrong....the ACC has some respectable programs such as, obviously, Fla St, and Clemson, Georgia Tech, and Va Tech for example. However, compare those teams to programs like Bama, Auburn, LSU, Texas A & M, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, the Mississippis, etc, etc.!! Really, there is no comparison! And this is no knock on Louisville because, like I said, their program has come leaps and bounds in my lifetime and I wish them luck every week but one, LOL!!
^
The only time I wish Lville luck is when they play UK in basketball. I know Cal is going to spank them so I feel at ease letting them feel good for one game by having my well wishes.