• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Class 1A State Championsip
Thoughts?
This is going to get fun. Congradulations to both the cardinals, and the yellow jackets for returning to bowling green. Its not an easy thing to do. 64 do you remember our bet.
Go Jackets! bzzzzzzzzzzzz
I'm pulling for the Burg, really I am. But I watched the whole game tonight against Raceland and I don't think they score on Mayfield. Sadly, the championship game was played tonight in Ft. Mitchell.

Mayfield 42
W'burg 0
Mayfield 35+
I hope I am BAD WRONG. But for it to take Williamsburg until 5 minutes left in the game to score 34 points, after the egg we laid in the passing game, then it's going to be a long day for the Jackets. Maybe Wburg had an off night as well and should have beat us 70-8. Idk. Like I said, I hope I am bad wrong. But I see it similar to last year in the margin of victory. Just a higher scoring affair.

Mayfield 55
Williamsburg 14
If Williamsburg offense plays the way it did tonight, it's going to be a long day for Williamsburg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, running clock.
Williamsburg had some injuries and an off night,but we all know they cant play that way in Bowling Green.
Would love to see a Wburg win...but....

Mayfield 34
Williamsburg 14

In a game that is much more competitive than last year but never really in doubt.
Mayfield 45
Wburg 14
This game will be a lot closer than last years game. W'burg is a much better team this year with a stronger D, a better running game and a year older and stronger line. I also think they have more team speed than last year. I still like Mayfield to come out on top, but, I don't see anything close to a running clock. I'll say Mayfield 28 W'Burg 14
KYHSFBFan Wrote:This game will be a lot closer than last years game. W'burg is a much better team this year with a stronger D, a better running game and a year older and stronger line. I also think they have more team speed than last year. I still like Mayfield to come out on top, but, I don't see anything close to a running clock. I'll say Mayfield 28 W'Burg 14

1st and goal from the 1 no score
1st and goal from the 5 no score
it will be a long Saturday next week against Mayfield
I am hoping that the "Burg" gives us as good a game as the Tigers did tonight. Sadly, with Mayfield being as heathy, determined and fast as they are it may be a long Saturday for the Jackets. Mayfield 48-7.@
Knock em Dead Fred! Give em some of that old Lynch Bulldawg stuff and maybe shut 55 up for 5 minutes.
I think Mayfield leaves 1A with another title.
Mayfield........just like last year
Running clock. West wins again.
If it wasn't for bad passes or drop balls it would of been 21-7 at half time Rams tonight. With 3 starters out for the second half and bad passing game it wasn't pretty the second half. I was impressed with the D overall on the goal line all night.
Williamsburg has a nice team but Mayfield will put a running clock on them again this year and then Williamsburg can go back to being average again.
How does this years wburg compare to last years? I just can't imagine they are gonna be as big and fast on D as beechwood was. I am impressed with the win against raceland, I hope to get some access to some video this coming week to see what the burg is like this year. Can't wait till Saturday!!
I don't think they were any better this year than last. If they hadn't got the transfer running back they would have to throw it 50 times a game. They were better than Raceland I don't know what kind of prize that will get them. Raceland starts 5 sophomores on defense. I just don't think Williamsburg is on the same level as a Mayfield team that shut out a Graves county team that ended a 2 Year winning streak by bowling green
New year, same results.
How healthy is Mayfield??
I watched the Wburg game online tonight. I'm not sure how to look at this. Did they overlook Raceland or are they slightly overrated? They have put a running clock on every team they have this year going into the game tonight. A lot of people thought they would do that again tonight and im sure there were some players that thought the same thing. Did they come into the game looking ahead to next Saturday? It took them 3.5 quarters to put Raceland away. Regardless, they won the game and advanced to the State Championship for the second year in a row. If the team I seen tonight shows up next week, Mayfield might just give them a dose of their own medicine.

Mayfield 35
Williamsburg 7

Hope I'm wrong and Williamsburg brings another championship back to the mountains of good ol' Eastern KY
:howdy: mayfield guess who back Williamsburg 14-0 :lmao:
1/4bak Wrote:1st and goal from the 1 no score
1st and goal from the 5 no score
it will be a long Saturday next week against Mayfield

Sh$t happen sometime, Mayfield hasn't prove nothing to me yet. Before everybody in Eastern,Kentucky wins the lottery lets play the game first. Confusednicker:
Mayfield gets the third running clock in 3 years at BG. A 3 peat.
I'll take Williamsburg. GO JACKETS!!!!!!
You don't get this far without being a very good team. You don't go 14-0 by accident, regardless who you play. Williamsburg will play with a chip on their shoulders, as well, trying to redeem itself from last years showing. That's a scary combination. Mayfield is also an excellent team with a lot of big game experience. There D has been solid all year and they can beat you in a lot of ways. I expect a hard fought game between 2 great programs. I'll take Mayfield in a close one, 28-14, getting a 4th qtr score to pull away and letting that stout D do the rest.
  • 1(current)
  • Next