•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2015
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:It just dawned on me, exactly who you all were talking about, when you mentioned a possible former player coming out for the team next year. I will be shocked if he does. He was GREAT in Jr High and had he stayed in football, probably would have ended up being the starter this year. A cannon for an arm, good vision in the pocket, natural ability to play the position really. Would love to see him come out, but its a long shot, imo. Whoever it is though, will have alot of the pressure of being a first year starting QB, relieved by a possible 3 headed monster in the backfield. Alot of coaches are predicting that Judd Adkins and the Lacks kid (who's first name escapes me)could both be a "bigger and stronger" version of Conner Messer. Which at this point, they are just a few steps behind in their speed, if you compare them to Conner as an 8th grader, I look for them to make an impact quickly on the defensive side of the ball. I think the DBs will be:
Austin Howard at CB
Carson Christian at SS
Nick Caldwell FS
Lacks/Adkins CB

Big things are expected out of that returning front 7 as well. You will have 6 Jrs and 1 Sr in that group. And 3 of the 7 will have had 2-3 years experience and the other 4 will have 1-2 years experience.

Would that Lacks kid be Kenny? I've heard he's a heck of a player, very durable and is just like the Energizer Bunny, just keeps on going and going!!! Lol!!

Na, I think it's his grandson Hunter. Very good athlete!!!

Still think a few will also step up from this years JV Squad and make an impact as well!! A lot of talent that only people that went to JV games has seen.

Our program looks very strong for the foreseeable future!!!

This years Soph Class is 22-6 in their first 2 years and could very well have better records than that the next 2 years. Could come close to having 50 Varsity W's by the end of their Senior year.

Go RAMS!!!
i agree boogie. the third kids nane escapes me from that backfield. Adkins reminds me of a bigger and stronger version of Messer, Hunter is similar, just not quite as big, but a great play maker. The other kid is about the same skill wise, just not as tall but im not certain of his name.
Caleb Damron was the other kid in the backfield. Played QB throws a decent ball. But a threat withhis legs as well. All three of them physically look like Freshman or Soph skilk guys. I expect big things from them over the next 4 years.
Caleb Damron- player- tough gritty and can play- fast
Hunter Lacks- TOUGH, strong and hard to go against.
Judd Adkins- Could possibly be the next QB and Athlete of the bunch. reminds me of a very young Marcus Mariotta type of kid,, as far as ability to make decisions.
Drew ????- is another great kid, fast, hands. speedy and smart.
And lineman or future linebacker, Brandon Elkins.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:i agree boogie. the third kids nane escapes me from that backfield. Adkins reminds me of a bigger and stronger version of Messer, Hunter is similar, just not quite as big, but a great play maker. The other kid is about the same skill wise, just not as tall but im not certain of his name.

Hunter is actually a bit bigger than Judd right now.
Really? I havent seen them since about midseason. Thats a good sign! With all the work Damon has to do, the job could be up for grabs next year.
What I like about what is going on at Raceland right now is numbers. If things keep growing the way they are, we will be able to reload and not have to actually "rebuild" for quite awhile. Another thing with that, that lends itself to the success of a program year in and year out is the ability for the underclassmen and scout team are more capable of going against the starters in more of a "game speed" situation. The future is bright, really bright. Our best years are ahead of us for sure and thats saying something.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:i agree boogie. the third kids nane escapes me from that backfield. Adkins reminds me of a bigger and stronger version of Messer, Hunter is similar, just not quite as big, but a great play maker. The other kid is about the same skill wise, just not as tall but im not certain of his name.

ManofGOD Wrote:Caleb Damron- player- tough gritty and can play- fast
Hunter Lacks- TOUGH, strong and hard to go against.
Judd Adkins- Could possibly be the next QB and Athlete of the bunch. reminds me of a very young Marcus Mariotta type of kid,, as far as ability to make decisions.
Drew ????- is another great kid, fast, hands. speedy and smart.
And lineman or future linebacker, Brandon Elkins.

Drew Baily!!
I can't see any of those guys helping next year. Bottom line is if Raceland gets a solid QB a trip to the carpet is theirs to lose next year
Care to elaborate? They arent too far off from being as atheletic and all of them are just a strong, if not stronger, than Messer was coming in his SR year.
None of those kids are anywhere near as athletic or as strong as Messer is. They will be good players but they will be JV players next year. Lacks isn't cerebral enough to play varsity yet. Drew bailey would get broken in half and the speed of the game would be too fast for all of them IMO.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Care to elaborate? They arent too far off from being as atheletic and all of them are just a strong, if not stronger, than Messer was coming in his SR year.

So Raceland has several 8th graders or freshmen who are nearly as athletic as a state track champion? Wow. If this is truly the case, then they should win MULTIPLE state championships over the next few seasons.
Messer might look skinny but, he doesn't get thrown around on a basketball court. to say that those kids are even close to Messer right now is insane.
None of those kids are anywhere near where Messer was as a freshman or 8th grader. More over none of those 8th graders are anywhere near seeing varsity action next year as freshmen.
Those guys are going to be really good players but if they are playing significant minutes next season we are in trouble.
Next years Sophomore and Junior classes will compliment the Senior class very well. A lot of unseen talent in Josh Clark at WR/DB Cameron Webb WR/DB, RB, Damion Black QB/RB/WR/DB, Jared Manis OT/DE, Justin Fairchild OG/DT. This group and a few others should really have a chance to make a big impact. They sure were impressive on JV this year.
Im not comparing them to Messer now. I am comparing them to Messer as he was coming in as a Frosh. None of them have the football mind that he had coming in, he was special breed in that regaurd as well. I do feel that Judd Adkins is as strong if not stronger than Messer was coming into his Frosh year. I think he and Damron will be able to contribute earlier than Bailey or Lacks. They are a little more solid. And no, we do not have freshman coming in that are as fast as Connor, but compared to what he looked like and his skill set, at the least, Adkins and Damron should be able to compete for varsity time. Alot of work has to be done to adjust to the speed of varsity ball though. But imo, they atleast those 2 will do just that.
nekysportsfan Wrote:So Raceland has several 8th graders or freshmen who are nearly as athletic as a state track champion? Wow. If this is truly the case, then they should win MULTIPLE state championships over the next few seasons.

The original msg should have said FR year not SR year. My mistake.
Scottie You guys have it going in Raceland, I may not be on here much anymore but I want to say that you are one of my favorites, and would like to add that Raceland fans are not much different than Williamsburg fans, they were very nice and love their Rams, I think you all are fortunate to have Coach Salmons, A good coach and A class act. My son was the Williamsburg Kicker and your coach handled the incident so well that I kept my seat, and kept my mouth shut, my son is A twin the other one did not get to play against you because of A injury in the Hazard game. He came back in the Mayfield game and did real well he is A fine linebacker, I enjoyed you so much if I said anything on here to indicate that I ment to belittle you or your beloved Rams, I truly regret that, good luck to you and your football team, I think that you are going to be contenders next year. so long
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Im not comparing them to Messer now. I am comparing them to Messer as he was coming in as a Frosh. None of them have the football mind that he had coming in, he was special breed in that regaurd as well. I do feel that Judd Adkins is as strong if not stronger than Messer was coming into his Frosh year. I think he and Damron will be able to contribute earlier than Bailey or Lacks. They are a little more solid. And no, we do not have freshman coming in that are as fast as Connor, but compared to what he looked like and his skill set, at the least, Adkins and Damron should be able to compete for varsity time. Alot of work has to be done to adjust to the speed of varsity ball though. But imo, they atleast those 2 will do just that.

I'm going with my original statement. If those two freshmen are playing significant varsity minutes we are in serious trouble next year.
Have to agree to disagree then lol. Im am very curious though, to see if any other guys come out for the team next year. Tyler Morris, would probably be the starter next year, may have been the starter the last 2 years. Has a cannon of an arm and a good build and height to go along with it. But I doubt you'll see him come out and play. There are a few other guys on the basketball team that have talked about playing next year, which would bring some more skill guys in. Each year, it seems we have more and more kids come out to play football. Hopefully that continues.
If any of this years 8th graders play varsity next year Raceland is in trouble.
Samiam Wrote:If any of this years 8th graders play varsity next year Raceland is in trouble.

Stop stealing my lines.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Have to agree to disagree then lol. Im am very curious though, to see if any other guys come out for the team next year. Tyler Morris, would probably be the starter next year, may have been the starter the last 2 years. Has a cannon of an arm and a good build and height to go along with it. But I doubt you'll see him come out and play. There are a few other guys on the basketball team that have talked about playing next year, which would bring some more skill guys in. Each year, it seems we have more and more kids come out to play football. Hopefully that continues.

There are several on the basketball team that used to play football and have gained some serious weight and muscle thru the basketball workouts. football is a numbers game. The more the merrier......and deeper. Noah Braden was a good receiver when he played along with Landon Adams. both are a lot bigger and stronger now.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:There are several on the basketball team that used to play football and have gained some serious weight and muscle thru the basketball workouts. football is a numbers game. The more the merrier......and deeper. Noah Braden was a good receiver when he played along with Landon Adams. both are a lot bigger and stronger now.

Those were the two kids I am hoping will come out and play. They could really help out offensively, but would, atleast in size and speed, replace Maverick and Josh at the Corner position.

In regaurds to the Frosh class coming in, I genuinely hope that they dont HAVE to be in a starting role. Hopefully John Cherry improves his speed and can take one of the spots as a JR, in the secondary. And I think u will see Austin Howard at one corner any way.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Those were the two kids I am hoping will come out and play. They could really help out offensively, but would, atleast in size and speed, replace Maverick and Josh at the Corner position.

In regaurds to the Frosh class coming in, I genuinely hope that they dont HAVE to be in a starting role. Hopefully John Cherry improves his speed and can take one of the spots as a JR, in the secondary. And I think u will see Austin Howard at one corner any way.

Don't forget about Josh Clark, he has good hands and is lightning quick!!
Don't give a damn what anybody says, until the Rams get knocked off they are the district and east best .
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Don't forget about Josh Clark, he has good hands and is lightning quick!!

True. We really have a good corps of recievers in next years Jrs and Srs. I dont expect anything less than what we accomplished this year for the next several years. Clark, Nick Caldwell, and Austin Howard all have the potential to be a 1000 yard recievers if we solidify the QB spot. As a matter of fact, that might be your recieving corps and secondary next year. Now that I think if it, we may not need the Frosh to fill in at all, atleast in starting rolls. The line and backfield return, as it stands right now Id say it will look something like this in the skill positions.

QB-Damon Black
Josh Clark- WR/CB
Nick Caldwell- WR/FS
Austin Howard- WR/CB

There is also the possibility of seeing Carson Christian or Nathaniel Davidson at the QB as well. Bt I know they are hopig that Black is their man.
Rams may be getting a QB from Ohio. TBA
None of those freshman will see varsity minutes next year, I can promise you that. Rams have plenty of talent in top 3 classes. Very few sophomores will play, maybe one or two. Rams jr and senior loaded and will be the favorite to win the East.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next