•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2015
OSFN Wrote:Rams may be getting a QB from Ohio. TBA

Where in Ohio?
Josh Clark prob still a year away from serious minutes.
OSFN Wrote:Rams may be getting a QB from Ohio. TBA

From where? First ive heard of any of this and I talked about next years team with 4 of the Jrs to be and they didnt mention anything like that.
Unless OSFN knows the person that is considering a transfer or a parental occupation causing a move into the district, the Ohio QB is a myth at this point. Straight from the mouth of member on the Coaching staff.
We may end up striggling against the pass and in the passing game as well. Being as run first as we were this year and the backfield that we have, I think we desperately need some stuff from undercenter, especially in short yardage situations and need to further develop play action passing.
It would be nice to get that kid from Coal Grove.That kid could flat throw the ball and he's going to waste over there.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It would be nice to get that kid from Coal Grove.That kid could flat throw the ball and he's going to waste over there.

Go ahead, and when you land him please stop the Huntington connection with Fairview cause looks like you gals have been paddling across the mighty Ohio.
Nice to see you are still out there Clint.This is nothing but a bunch of fun talk.We at Raceland don't go looking for talent we develop are own.Just a bunch of guys talking that already miss football season.
Correct. Like I said, not one coach, or player (that I have spoken with) knows anything about a new kid. Id like to have Alex Roy, Quinten Baker, and Jake Long on our team, Id like to have Joe Namath circa 72 but that dont mean we are going to go talk em ito coming. Open enrollment, come one come all, ifu dont, we will coach up and develop what we have
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Correct. Like I said, not one coach, or player (that I have spoken with) knows anything about a new kid. Id like to have Alex Roy, Quinten Baker, and Jake Long on our team, Id like to have Joe Namath circa 72 but that dont mean we are going to go talk em ito coming. Open enrollment, come one come all, ifu dont, we will coach up and develop what we have

Nice rebuttal from the defense. Sounds good concerning you POTS recruited middle schoolers from Russell and Greenup a few years ago. Open enrollment, oh yeah we have that too.
And he's back.Do you hate everybody Clint or just everybody In Orange?
Clint Westwood Wrote:Nice rebuttal from the defense. Sounds good concerning you POTS recruited middle schoolers from Russell and Greenup a few years ago. Open enrollment, oh yeah we have that too.

No one ever provided a place to live, made up jobs for parents, or provided transportation to or from Raceland Worthington High School. Connor wanted to be here, his move was a wise one. Maverick Dixon's father is the principal, Mac Boggs decided on his own when he was no longer a RB for Russell, he and connor made the transition in Jr High, Isaac Wallace and Jerome Hall have been apart of Raceland football since 2nd grade. All of the above, past all requirements and were granted eligible. We have only had a handful of kids come through and play only one year. Jeremy Barr (parental occupation move due to marriage), The Swede (foreign exchange), Mason Rister (that was a horrible fiasco, but his coming and going was due to family matters). Your open enrollment has caused more flare ups than ours ever could.
Your forgeting alot from gc that came in high school a while back. Troxler, beach, kitchen, terry, duncan. Just to name a few. Most ended up back at gc eventually. Beach and terry were big contributors for the rams. There were many more over the years. Not claiming any wrong doing with any of these, just listing some transfers I remember.
Coupon21 Wrote:Your forgeting alot from gc that came in high school a while back. Troxler, beach, kitchen, terry, duncan. Just to name a few. Most ended up back at gc eventually. Beach and terry were big contributors for the rams. There were many more over the years. Not claiming any wrong doing with any of these, just listing some transfers I remember.

I did forget about Derek (Not Daylin...he played in Raceland's JFL and i believe sent to Raceland in elementary school) and Jett. Not exactly sure who Kitchen, Duncan, or Terry is, maybe before my time? I know a majority of the former Raceland guys, pretty much from the 70s-current, But there was about a 3 year period where I was unable to keep up with personel like I do now, as I had moved from the area. Who are the Kitchen, Terry and Duncan kids u mention ?
Dalton Terry. Just dawned on me. I will be the forst to admit it. We have had out of district kids over the years, the occasional 1 year transfer, but its always been legit with a move of address, within Jr High or sitting out a year, then playing. If we were picking up kids that are here one year and gone another, time after time, after time, I could see the argument. But more often than not, anyone that comez to Raceland, has done so by Frosh year. Excluding Rister, Beach, and Terry
Clint Westwood Wrote:Nice rebuttal from the defense. Sounds good concerning you POTS recruited middle schoolers from Russell and Greenup a few years ago. Open enrollment, oh yeah we have that too.

Crawl back into your hole Clint Wastewood.
Coupon21 Wrote:Your forgeting alot from gc that came in high school a while back. Troxler, beach, kitchen, terry, duncan. Just to name a few. Most ended up back at gc eventually. Beach and terry were big contributors for the rams. There were many more over the years. Not claiming any wrong doing with any of these, just listing some transfers I remember.

Over 40% of our school system is out of district. What's your point?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Crawl back into your hole Clint Wastewood.

Im sure you know all about holes in the most intimate way
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:No one ever provided a place to live, made up jobs for parents, or provided transportation to or from Raceland Worthington High School. Connor wanted to be here, his move was a wise one. Maverick Dixon's father is the principal, Mac Boggs decided on his own when he was no longer a RB for Russell, he and connor made the transition in Jr High, Isaac Wallace and Jerome Hall have been apart of Raceland football since 2nd grade. All of the above, past all requirements and were granted eligible. We have only had a handful of kids come through and play only one year. Jeremy Barr (parental occupation move due to marriage), The Swede (foreign exchange), Mason Rister (that was a horrible fiasco, but his coming and going was due to family matters). Your open enrollment has caused more flare ups than ours ever could.

Not what we got in trouble for pal. You should get the facts before you start spewing that cut underneath your nose. KHSAA never found any of those things during their investigation. Give it a break. You soggy bottom panty bobs recruit as well as any other school. If KHSAA ever investigates the Ams they will shut your programs down.
Can say what ever about transfers, but this says it all- Raceland is the only high school these kids ever attended. They started here and they ended here.
ManofGOD Wrote:Can say what ever about transfers, but this says it all- Raceland is the only high school these kids ever attended. They started here and they ended here.

According to the KHSAA it doesn't matter if it was High School or not. You scums recruit just like all the other schools in this area. Doesn't matter if it's 1st grade or senior year, but hey don't take my word...here it is in black and white.

BYLAW 16. RECRUITMENT/UNDUE INFLUENCE
Sec. 1) PROVISIONS ON RECRUITING/UNDUE INFLUENCE
a) A pupil (domestic or foreign) at any grade level shall not be
recruited to a member school of the KHSAA for the purpose
of participating in athletics. Recruiting is defined as an act, on
behalf of, or for the benefit of, a school, including impermissible
contact, which attempts to influence a student to transfer to
a member school for the purpose of participating in athletics,
including the offer of improper benefits not available to all
members of the student body.

Glad you finally got your eye peckers open to the truth now. Your holier than thou attitude against Fairview is unmerited. You Ams are surely the Pot calling the Kettle black.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Not what we got in trouble for pal. You should get the facts before you start spewing that cut underneath your nose. KHSAA never found any of those things during their investigation. Give it a break. You soggy bottom panty bobs recruit as well as any other school. If KHSAA ever investigates the Ams they will shut your programs down.

Never said you got sanctioned for that buddy. Ive tried to dispute the "transfer" argument idk how many times, ON FAIRVIEWS BEHALF. Everyone wants to jump on that wagon when the sanction talk comes out, but Fairiew was not sanctioned over transfers. In regaurds to us at Raceland? If you feel you got somethin, go ahead, make the call. EVERY school in the area has transfers, EVERY school has players on EVERY atheletic team the school has, that talks to other kids in the area. The Russell transfers were made in jr high due to Messer getting no hance to showcasw his ability in the Wing T. Mac Boggs wanted to be a RB/LB, (he graduated as an OL/DE so go figure), Maverick Dixon's father is the principle at Raceland, a majority of the Greenup kids now, have beenhere for a long time. Bill Musick has been bringing in kids from out of the state for years, if you have the open enrollment the great, go for it. But what Fairview has done in terms of bringing in players, is completely different from what happened at Raceland. I feel the worst for the kids who have been at Fairview all their lives and get their shot in their Jr or Sr year, only to have it stripped from them by a kid who hasnt been there all along. Now, I am an advocate of the best player should play, but its a sad situation, in a circumstance like that. Im not one to get on here and go back and forth. Everyone gets transfers, but you yourself, Clint, have admitted to wrong doings and "recruitment-esk" goings on at Fairview. Players and parents talking a kid into coming to a school from another, is totally different that providing a way to and from school, and creating jobs for the soul purpose of having a persons kid on ur team. Now, that information was given to me by one of the higher-ups at Fairview. The KHSAA looked into all that during their investigation, and apparently decided that it was all done within the confinds of the rules, somehow. We all get transfers. We got a few from Russell/Greenup and you all got a bunch from Huntington. Lets get over it and get on with our freaking lives. Note: no one mentioned a word about Fairview recruiting until you brought it all up.

Since were going back...Mike Hunt...Chris Nelson... Smile lol
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Never said you got sanctioned for that buddy. Ive tried to dispute the "transfer" argument idk how many times, ON FAIRVIEWS BEHALF. Everyone wants to jump on that wagon when the sanction talk comes out, but Fairiew was not sanctioned over transfers. In regaurds to us at Raceland? If you feel you got somethin, go ahead, make the call. EVERY school in the area has transfers, EVERY school has players on EVERY atheletic team the school has, that talks to other kids in the area. The Russell transfers were made in jr high due to Messer getting no hance to showcasw his ability in the Wing T. Mac Boggs wanted to be a RB/LB, (he graduated as an OL/DE so go figure), Maverick Dixon's father is the principle at Raceland, a majority of the Greenup kids now, have beenhere for a long time. Bill Musick has been bringing in kids from out of the state for years, if you have the open enrollment the great, go for it. But what Fairview has done in terms of bringing in players, is completely different from what happened at Raceland. I feel the worst for the kids who have been at Fairview all their lives and get their shot in their Jr or Sr year, only to have it stripped from them by a kid who hasnt been there all along. Now, I am an advocate of the best player should play, but its a sad situation, in a circumstance like that. Im not one to get on here and go back and forth. Everyone gets transfers, but you yourself, Clint, have admitted to wrong doings and "recruitment-esk" goings on at Fairview. Players and parents talking a kid into coming to a school from another, is totally different that providing a way to and from school, and creating jobs for the soul purpose of having a persons kid on ur team. Now, that information was given to me by one of the higher-ups at Fairview. The KHSAA looked into all that during their investigation, and apparently decided that it was all done within the confinds of the rules, somehow. We all get transfers. We got a few from Russell/Greenup and you all got a bunch from Huntington. Lets get over it and get on with our freaking lives. Note: no one mentioned a word about Fairview recruiting until you brought it all up.

If everything was done within the confines of the khsaa rules then how could it be wrong or illegal?

Scotty Potty you need to quit condescending on Fairview with your little jabs and worry about your own recruiting woes. As for Raceland or any other school, I would never turn someone in for violations. So please don't confuse me with Mark Swift.
Clint Westwood Wrote:If everything was done within the confines of the khsaa rules then how could it be wrong or illegal?

Scotty Potty you need to quit condescending on Fairview with your little jabs and worry about your own recruiting woes. As for Raceland or any other school, I would never turn someone in for violations. So please don't confuse me with Mark Swift.

Like I said, everything was found to be with in the confinds of the rules. SOMEHOW. But when a football booster, openly offers up information about those things that were happening, I dont see how the KHSAA didnt find anything, but who knows that those people really even look at. That boared is so jacked up, I dont really feel 100% confortable with any decision they make.

And Im not condescending anyone. If I wanna take a jab at someone, I will and it wont be subtle or little. All I am doing is having a conversation on here, its really diverted itself into a different directions. So back to the topic...Has anyone heard anythig about the weightlifting meet? I know its usually at the beginning or end of Febuary, any news?
Raceland has always been a pretty good tackling team. Especially in the last several years. But, when I think of the more fundamentally sound tackling programs, there is a common thread. WRESTLING. I would love to see Raceland develop a Wrestling program, if you couple that, with the strength and conditioning program we already have in place, it could be an incredible thing. Could you immagine, Jerome Hall, Isaac Wallace, Morgan Carmen with a year or two of wrestling under the belt by their senior year? What about the RBs/LBs? Walker, Snyder, Holbrook, and Davidson seem to have a great build for Wrestling, Id love to see it included.
^^ Chris Nelson really at least come up with somebody who was worth a hoot.

Makes me think though,would anybody care if a kid transfered and just set the bench?Would everybody's paintes still be in a wad?When I played at Raceland we had about 8 kids from Russell transfer in.Most set the bench.Nobody from Russell said a thing.Was it because we didn't play them back then or because they didn't play a lot?If the Rams stop playing Russell and Greenup all the crying stops.
How many class A schools have a wrestling team in the state?
Almost got ran off the road today by a school bus! I looked up and seen it was a Fairview bus.Then I realized it was just the thug bus making its rounds.I forgot to mention I was on fifth Avenue in Huntington.:happysmile:
Paintsville just started a wrestling program i believe. I think Pikeville might as well. I thonk it would be a good idea.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next