•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2015
Lilly Wrote:You might not win 3 games the whole year sonny. Like I said earlier you need to schedule McCreary Central a home and home for football to miss the 1-5 prediction.

:popcorn: 1 Franklin 2 Franklin 3 Franklin 4, how many Franklins you got boy????
Or should i just call you dad
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Little Johnny goes here or there....who cares. Unfortunately Williamsburg, Whitley County and Corbin along with pretty much every school thinks they are the most attractive. Newsflash (not to be mistaken for Flash154) It just aint so. Several years ago Corbin was very attractive to daddies who wanted their kids to play on the carpet and Corbin had a relatively easy path to the carpet. For the past couple of years Williamsburg has had the easier path than any of the two schools in the county, therefore daddies were taking their kids to Williamsburg.

Whitley playing 5A football is never going to have an easy path to the carpet but they are playing good football and at a challenging level. They have come close and I am sure will have their chances again in the future, but lets face it 5A football has more athletes and more roadblocks for a school to get to the carpet. 6A is even tougher.

Daddies looking for the easy path is a problem, I think that this is a symptom of our society's decline. It is all about instant gratification. Nobody is willing to put in the time and effort to build something and be a part of something bigger than themselves. Every daddy and as far as that goes every kid thinks they should start as a freshie and is not willing to work and get better and wait their turn. So what happens they leave. This not a problem that is just going on around here, so nobody get their panties in a wad, I am not talking about you.

As kids grow into adults they are always looking for the easy way out and never putting in the time to build something good in life.

Bottom line, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to scratching their heads after reading this post.

As far as football and Whitley see my above post.
There's a whole lot of truth in your post.
Whitley returns some very good players at all position but will also have to replace some very good players. Freshman and JV teams had good years. 5 Soph didnt play JV because of amount of varsity playing time, this hurt the JV somewhat but also gave 5 other players valuable playing experience.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Little Johnny goes here or there....who cares. Unfortunately Williamsburg, Whitley County and Corbin along with pretty much every school thinks they are the most attractive. Newsflash (not to be mistaken for Flash154) It just aint so. Several years ago Corbin was very attractive to daddies who wanted their kids to play on the carpet and Corbin had a relatively easy path to the carpet. For the past couple of years Williamsburg has had the easier path than any of the two schools in the county, therefore daddies were taking their kids to Williamsburg.

Whitley playing 5A football is never going to have an easy path to the carpet but they are playing good football and at a challenging level. They have come close and I am sure will have their chances again in the future, but lets face it 5A football has more athletes and more roadblocks for a school to get to the carpet. 6A is even tougher.

Daddies looking for the easy path is a problem, I think that this is a symptom of our society's decline. It is all about instant gratification. Nobody is willing to put in the time and effort to build something and be a part of something bigger than themselves. Every daddy and as far as that goes every kid thinks they should start as a freshie and is not willing to work and get better and wait their turn. So what happens they leave. This not a problem that is just going on around here, so nobody get their panties in a wad, I am not talking about you.

As kids grow into adults they are always looking for the easy way out and never putting in the time to build something good in life.

Bottom line, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to scratching their heads after reading this post.

As far as football and Whitley see my above post.

Whitley would have an easier path if they had all the Little Johnny's they are supposed to have :biggrin:
footballfever Wrote::popcorn: 1 Franklin 2 Franklin 3 Franklin 4, how many Franklins you got boy????
Or should i just call you dad

I have a Franklin for Lily
Which Little Johnies should they have? Name names.
E's Army Wrote:Which Little Johnies should they have? Name names.

obviously the ones that live in their school district
pjdoug Wrote:most of the students at Williamsburg are from the county and you know it :dontthink:ChairHit:
Show something that backs up your theory. This is an urban legend with no basis in fact. Show me something that supports your statement. That information is available at either of the two schools.
pjdoug Wrote:obviously the ones that live in their school district

Who? You know the kids and where they live. Put up or shut up.
Why so defensive? guilty conscience? You know kids from Mud Creek,Gatlliff etc. dont supposed to go to Williamsburg and Corbin Confusednicker:
Still no names. You either don't know or your just making stuff up. Which kids from Mud Creek or Gatliff/ Are there any kids that get on the Whitley bus that stops at the corner of Rains and HWY 25?
Colonels should go 6-4 for the upcoming season.
Cause Dew said so.
By here is no reason to be going down this road naming kids. It is about football. To be honest I stated my opinion.
E's Army Wrote:Still no names. You either don't know or your just making stuff up. Which kids from Mud Creek or Gatliff/ Are there any kids that get on the Whitley bus that stops at the corner of Rains and HWY 25?

We all know I'm not making things up,and there's no reason to type a book full of names. Mud Creek and Gatliff were past examples. point is kids from Poplar Creek or Wolf Creek shouldn't be going to Williamsburg or Corbin
The reason you boys are not naming names is.........you are fibbing.
Mountaindew Wrote:Colonels should go 6-4 for the upcoming season.
Cause Dew said so.

Do you have a schedule for Whitley? Just curious who they are playing.
Surprised if Whitley doesn't win 6. There seems to be some excitement and energy coming from the program. Good kids and coaches working hard.
How can anyone predict games when no one has seen the schedule? Or do you have the schedule? If so , can you share?
Starting with a win against Bell
To early for me to take the bait....really interested in schedule, do you have it.
The Colonels can win 6 or 7 next year, they need to stay healthy...They just might shock the world in one particular game next year...
AnswertheBell Wrote:To early for me to take the bait....really interested in schedule, do you have it.

corbin
at mboro
bell
at w jessamine
open
at s laurel
at n laurel
letcher
harlan co
at perry
leslie
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley would have an easier path if they had all the Little Johnny's they are supposed to have :biggrin:

No the path would be the same.

It really does not matter
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:No the path would be the same.

It really does not matter

the path is obviously much easier when you have more players to compete with.
Lilly Wrote:The reason you boys are not naming names is.........you are fibbing.

I'm telling 100% truth. some people just dont like truth, and I'm not going to sit and type the long list of kids names out :happysmile:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:corbin
at mboro
bell
at w jessamine
open
at s laurel
at n laurel
letcher
harlan co
at perry
leslie

isn't Whitley going to be in the same district as Lincoln County, Pulaski County, South Laurel and Southwestern ?
Whitley gets the kids walking the halls to play they would be fine. Lot of good athletes not playing. Adding a couple of basketball players like Sasko made a big difference this year.
E's Army Wrote:Whitley gets the kids walking the halls to play they would be fine. Lot of good athletes not playing. Adding a couple of basketball players like Sasko made a big difference this year.

You're exactly right.
pjdoug Wrote:isn't Whitley going to be in the same district as Lincoln County, Pulaski County, South Laurel and Southwestern ?

no.
North moved into district 8 with Perry, Letcher, Harlan, and Whitley.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next