Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Kendra Carroll signs with Western Carolina.
heres the story.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime/h...98361.html

Congrats Kendra and good Luck :letsparty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Congrats Kendra!!!!
Good thing she signed when she did, had it been after basketball's over she probably wouldn't be getting too many looks IMO. The other girls better step up their play ALOT or Kendra is gonna get shut down by everyone they play.
Congrads Kendra. Good Luck. Great choice in schools.
Saw her at Tiger Madness. She was good as a jr.----but much improved looking in her shot from the little I saw of her during the madness scrimmage. Glad to see her get the opportunity to play ball at the next level---and get her education paid for. Congrats!!!
way to go Kendra, good choice of schools, good luck.
Congrats
Can't wait to see where some of the better players in the region end up signing if Carroll is going D-1.
Carroll is going D-1 because she is D-1 material--period! She can play point at the next level---most her height in the 15th at hs level play at the forward. She can shoot the ball---and can create her own shot. She doesn't play in a system or program that let's her show off all her abilities. She has more college potential than anyone at Magoffin county----they are all too short for the D-1 level---most of them will sign with NAIA schools.
congrats kendra
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Carroll is going D-1 because she is D-1 material--period! She can play point at the next level---most her height in the 15th at hs level play at the forward. She can shoot the ball---and can create her own shot. She doesn't play in a system or program that let's her show off all her abilities. She has more college potential than anyone at Magoffin county----they are all too short for the D-1 level---most of them will sign with NAIA schools.

She isn't D-1 material, if some the girls from this region in the past weren't good enough she definately isn't. She doesn't play in a system that lets her show her ablilities my ass, Baldwin's system is designed for her and only her, just like last year. She is nowhere near the caliber of Ashley Jade simple as that, if she was she would be the #1 rated player in the region and not #5. I don't wanna hear all that crap about Magoffin's girls being too short to play D-1, Kenzie Rich (PG from Monroe County who signed D-1) is just as short as Howard. Ashley Jade is the BEST ball handler in the region, one of the best shooters, the best penetrater and best all around player. Like I said before, it's a good thing she signed when she did.
Redneck Wrote:She isn't D-1 material, if some the girls from this region in the past weren't good enough she definately isn't. She doesn't play in a system that lets her show her ablilities my ass, Baldwin's system is designed for her and only her, just like last year. She is nowhere near the caliber of Ashley Jade simple as that, if she was she would be the #1 rated player in the region and not #5. I don't wanna hear all that crap about Magoffin's girls being too short to play D-1, Kenzie Rich (PG from Monroe County who signed D-1) is just as short as Howard. Ashley Jade is the BEST ball handler in the region, one of the best shooters, the best penetrater and best all around player. Like I said before, it's a good thing she signed when she did.
I feel Kendra can play D1. She has always had a lot of game but has worked hard in the off season and has added some strength. There are not too many that can play D1 from this region, but there are some and have beem in the past that have.
Redneck Wrote:She isn't D-1 material, if some the girls from this region in the past weren't good enough she definately isn't. She doesn't play in a system that lets her show her ablilities my ass, Baldwin's system is designed for her and only her, just like last year. She is nowhere near the caliber of Ashley Jade simple as that, if she was she would be the #1 rated player in the region and not #5. I don't wanna hear all that crap about Magoffin's girls being too short to play D-1, Kenzie Rich (PG from Monroe County who signed D-1) is just as short as Howard. Ashley Jade is the BEST ball handler in the region, one of the best shooters, the best penetrater and best all around player. Like I said before, it's a good thing she signed when she did.

Why do people always have to dig and pull something negative from something positive? I thought you were from PHS? You should be proud to see her sign at a D-1 school. That girl has worked her butt off. She is not only a good player but a great student and that has a lot to do with it also. It tickles me to death to see any kid from this region sign with any school and continue their sports and academic careers. This thread isn't about who is a better player. It is about congradulating a girl who has worked hard and deserves what she has worked for. Congrats Kendra and keep up the hard work. 99.9% of us are PROUD of you! :Clap:
Keep this thread on track!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
I have seen her play a few times. She has impressed me more each time. Plus, I dont care who it is i'm glad to see our kids getting national attention!
OffTheHook Wrote:Why do people always have to dig and pull something negative from something positive? I thought you were from PHS? You should be proud to see her sign at a D-1 school. That girl has worked her butt off. She is not only a good player but a great student and that has a lot to do with it also. It tickles me to death to see any kid from this region sign with any school and continue their sports and academic careers. This thread isn't about who is a better player. It is about congradulating a girl who has worked hard and deserves what she has worked for. Congrats Kendra and keep up the hard work. 99.9% of us are PROUD of you! :Clap:

Who cares where I am from, I know there are better players in this region than her that are gonna get overlooked because of being an inch shorter or because their parents didn't send out tapes all over the country or because they couldn't afford to attend their summer camp. I just don't like her style of play, she is selfish and cares more about personal achievements just like Landon. She is a good ball player, can't take that away from her. Just don't think she is D-1 material. Like I have said a couple times now, the rest of the team better step up their game or Kendra is in for a rude awakening, good thing she signed when she did.
Oh, please!! Stop the whining!!! Kendra should be congratulated for getting the scholarship---that is the point of the thread. D-1 coaches look at tapes of potential players ALL the time. It doesn't mean they will offer squat. If Kendra got D-1 offers (which she did) if must mean she has the skills to play at that level. Duh!!!! That wasn't the only d-1 offer she got either. Kelly Jolly (former Tenn. player/national champion/WC coach) must not know anything....Right? Oh, please. Just congratulate the girl----she earned it.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Oh, please!! Stop the whining!!! Kendra should be congratulated for getting the scholarship---that is the point of the thread. D-1 coaches look at tapes of potential players ALL the time. It doesn't mean they will offer squat. If Kendra got D-1 offers (which she did) if must mean she has the skills to play at that level. Duh!!!! That wasn't the only d-1 offer she got either. Kelly Jolly (former Tenn. player/national champion/WC coach) must not know anything....Right? Oh, please. Just congratulate the girl----she earned it.

Well put.:Thumbs:
WTG Kendra! Good luck at Western
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Oh, please!! Stop the whining!!! Kendra should be congratulated for getting the scholarship---that is the point of the thread. D-1 coaches look at tapes of potential players ALL the time. It doesn't mean they will offer squat. If Kendra got D-1 offers (which she did) if must mean she has the skills to play at that level. Duh!!!! That wasn't the only d-1 offer she got either. Kelly Jolly (former Tenn. player/national champion/WC coach) must not know anything....Right? Oh, please. Just congratulate the girl----she earned it.

My point firetubby is that there have been quite a few MUCH BETTER players in the last 5 years who never got any D-1 offers and were much more deserving, DUH!!! Yeah, D-1 coaches look at tapes of potential players' good games against weak competition. Wonder if Kelly Jolly watched the Magoffin County games, or better yet, the district game against JC last year.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Carroll is going D-1 because she is D-1 material--period! She can play point at the next level---most her height in the 15th at hs level play at the forward. She can shoot the ball---and can create her own shot. She doesn't play in a system or program that let's her show off all her abilities. She has more college potential than anyone at Magoffin county----they are all too short for the D-1 level---most of them will sign with NAIA schools.
congrats to Kendra she deserves it ---- and on another note where do you get off saying that she more college potential than anyone at Magoffin why bash them noone had said a word from Magoffin about her and for your info Western KY has been recruting Ashley also Dayton and a couple more D-1 teams but i am not going to get into this Magoffin V Paintsville bashing anyway CONGRATS KENDRA !!!
Redneck Wrote:My point firetubby is that there have been quite a few MUCH BETTER players in the last 5 years who never got any D-1 offers and were much more deserving, DUH!!! Yeah, D-1 coaches look at tapes of potential players' good games against weak competition. Wonder if Kelly Jolly watched the Magoffin County games, or better yet, the district game against JC last year.
WC's coach said she recieved a tape on Kendra that was sent from Midway College when Kendra attended a camp there, the tape was just from the camp, and they invited Kendra to their camp....She also said that after the first day of their camp, that she and her asst coaches were convinced that they wanted Kendra. They see something in her from a view that has no other agendas.
Congrats Kendra!
I have never seen a girl that plays like her. She is a great player with great skills. What makes her so good is that she doesn't play like a girl. She shoots a true jump shot, and the way she jumpstops is unreal.
congrats Kendra
congrats to Kendra good fit for her
Kendra is a great player. she can handle the ball and can shoot the jumper
Redneck Wrote:Good thing she signed when she did, had it been after basketball's over she probably wouldn't be getting too many looks IMO. The other girls better step up their play ALOT or Kendra is gonna get shut down by everyone they play.

Shes not that good i agree go thing she signed now
ballgurl00 Wrote:Shes not that good i agree go thing she signed now

She is a good ball player, can't take that away from her but she isn't D-1 material IMO.
Redneck Wrote:She is a good ball player, can't take that away from her but she isn't D-1 material IMO.

The way i see it she is not that good of ball player i have seen her play many time she can shot but shes not a all around good ball player
Her arm may fall off before the year is out considering how much she is gonna shoot to try and prove to everyone that she is D-1 material.