Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 14 Graves County 7 - 5A State Championship
Final
Final.
I said it since last December. Pulaski would be the best team in EKY and it holds true.

Just a great team that came together. 2 of 3 titles today coming back to this side of the state.
Congrats PC
:Thumbs: Congrats to Pulaski County....:1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
What a day this has been for high school football!!! congratulations Pulaski County Maroons!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I said it since last December. Pulaski would be the best team in EKY and it holds true.

Just a great team that came together. 2 of 3 titles today coming back to this side of the state.
Pretty awesome to have 2 of 3 so far
Now can Williamsburg bring home the final title to eastern Kentucky?
Let's hope so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Pretty awesome to have 2 of 3 so far

I remember me and you getting called out by you know who for saying Pulaski was the best team in EKY.....:welcome:

Im glad the good guys got one before the communist in Fort Thomas and Covington came back.
Congrats to Pulaski. Survived the monsoon.
Congrats Maroons!!!
Congrats Pulaski County, proud of the Eagles from Graves County
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I said it since last December. Pulaski would be the best team in EKY and it holds true.

Congrats to the Maroons. :dontthink to RIUTG
way to go Maroons. one down.one to go Smile
Congrats Pulaski.
Leonidas Wrote:Congrats to the Maroons. :dontthink to RIUTG

Believe it or not, that comment wasn't meant for Belfry fans in any form or fashion. I thought it was obvious to most they were better than Belfry when they were healthy like they were tonight.

Demarcus and I have a few friends over here we were mentioning.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Believe it or not, that comment wasn't meant for Belfry fans in any form or fashion. I thought it was obvious to most they were better than Belfry when they were healthy like they were tonight.

Didn't realize you had friends...apologies. Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

No offense...saw my shot so I took it.

Carry on.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Believe it or not, that comment wasn't meant for Belfry fans in any form or fashion. I thought it was obvious to most they were better than Belfry when they were healthy like they were tonight.

Not really... they were healthy and barely survived Southwestern when Southwestern was without their best offensive player Edwards.

Belfry seal clubbed Southwestern.

Not sure Pulaski would score on Belfry's defense.

I will say the gap isn't wide...but from what I saw:
1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry (Healthy)
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corbin

With Williamsburg yet to be evaluated.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not really... they were healthy and barely survived Southwestern when Southwestern was without their best offensive player Edwards.

1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry (Healthy)
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corbin

Lame!!!!

AHH PC! Congrats Pulaski County. People were doubting them from the start of the playoffs!

it is obvious
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not really... they were healthy and barely survived Southwestern when Southwestern was without their best offensive player Edwards.

1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry (Healthy)
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corbin

You're delusional :lame:
pjdoug Wrote:You're delusional :lame:

They beat by far the slowest team playing on Day 1, who was truly a one man team, by 7 and only gained around 100 yards of total offense after the First Quarter.

Very good team...but the regular season and today proved Pulaski wasn't the dominant team many hyped them to be.

They still have the hardware and that is all that really matters!

1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry (Healthy)
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corbin

I just don't agree with that at all.
To be honest, I would think Pulaski would take JC pretty easily.

Everyone mentions the SW game but cmon. PC was on like there third string QB when they lost to SW. Not to mention they had just gotten everyone back when they went on the ROAD to SW and won a region title. Plus these two schools are 10 minutes apart. Same county. That would be like me discrediting how good Belfry was because they lost to a bad Pikeville team when we all know the reason they lost was because of injuries and the fact that it was a cross town rivalry game.

By your logic, look at what PC did to Corbin. Corbin didn't even get tested like that the rest of the year. Central wasn't anywhere close to as good as PC. If you don't believe me, ask Corbin fans. That same Corbin team should have beaten the team Belfry barely beat today and Pc made that game a patty cake.

Don't let anyone fool you friend, PC was the real deal this year, and after watching different games on streaming, neither JC nor Belfry was anywhere near a healthy PC. JMHO.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They beat by far the slowest team playing on Day 1, who was truly a one man team, by 7 and only gained around 100 yards of total offense after the First Quarter.

Very good team...but the regular season and today proved Pulaski wasn't the dominant team many hyped them to be.

Many people have based their observations off two games in monsoons.
They bring a lot back, keep on doubting them.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They beat by far the slowest team playing on Day 1, who was truly a one man team, by 7 and only gained around 100 yards of total offense after the First Quarter.

they beat a cupcake same as Belfry did.Kentucky might be the weakest state in the country for high school football.
pjdoug Wrote:they beat a cupcake same as Belfry did.Kentucky might be the weakest state in the country for high school football.

Go watch Viginia, West Virginia, and other state and youll think were all stars Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Go watch Viginia, West Virginia, and other state and youll think were all stars Confusednicker:

Who is worse than the three? anybody? lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I just don't agree with that at all.
To be honest, I would think Pulaski would take JC pretty easily.

Everyone mentions the SW game but cmon. PC was on like there third string QB when they lost to SW. Not to mention they had just gotten everyone back when they went on the ROAD to SW and won a region title. Plus these two schools are 10 minutes apart. Same county. That would be like me discrediting how good Belfry was because they lost to a bad Pikeville team when we all know the reason they lost was because of injuries and the fact that it was a cross town rivalry game.

By your logic, look at what PC did to Corbin. Corbin didn't even get tested like that the rest of the year. Central wasn't anywhere close to as good as PC. If you don't believe me, ask Corbin fans. That same Corbin team should have beaten the team Belfry barely beat today and Pc made that game a patty cake.

Don't let anyone fool you friend, PC was the real deal this year, and after watching different games on streaming, neither JC nor Belfry was anywhere near a healthy PC. JMHO.

I watched PC three times and I am not seeing it at all like you are.

Against Madison Southern they were sluggish and lacked execution.

Against Southwestern the second time they were essentially an equal team to Southwestern and benefited from Edwards being injured.

Against Graves today they beat a one horse team tha lacked team speed. Pulaski in the 1st Quarter looked good... the next Three Quarters looked like the team I saw in the past two games.

Corbin should have beat Central leading 26-0... but to outscored 33-7 on your home field isn't a fluke It is hard to argue your the better team when you get outscored that bad to end the game. We saw today Central's passing game was pretty pedestrian against a good defense... for Corbin to get so lit up by Central's passing game lends itself that maybe the Corbin loss to PC spoke more about Corbin's soft pass defense more than Pulaski's domination on offense.

Truth be told Belfry, Pulaski, and JC didn't have a dominant offense among the lot of them. All three had flaws in their offense.

But this is beside the point of this thread...we can debate this in much more detail and pjdoug can use many more smilies after this weekend is over in a separate thread. ight now this is about Pulaski's historic win and nothing should detract from that!

I know one thing...Pulaski is going to be even better next year with Hall, Johnson, and the rest back!
pjdoug Wrote:Who is worse than the three? anybody? lol

I would actually put KY as a middle of the road state in terms of high school football. About half the country is better, and about half is worse. KY may even be a top 20 caliber state now with the really big names in this state. NE states and Midwestern states are pretty bad at football as well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would actually put KY as a middle of the road state in terms of high school football. About half the country is better, and about half is worse. KY may even be a top 20 caliber state now with the really big names in this state. NE states and Midwestern states are pretty bad at football as well.

I agree...

I'd put KY in the 28-35 range of states.

Probably tied for the weakest of the SEC States though w/ Missouri.