•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2015
Barker has actually lost some weight and gotten a LOT faster. Outran most of the middle school running backs during track season. This is a big, fast kid who has zero fear of contact. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in in some spots this season. He has endless potential, I think if he could've made it to be apart of FBU Team Kentucky he'd gotten some big time recognition.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I never really understood this jab at any team with legit transfers. If a kid and his parents decide he can get a better education on field or off it at another school and they go about enrolling in that school the proper way, they attend that school and meet any requirements that the KHSAA deems appropriate to be considered eligible.

For as long as I can remember everyone has been yelling about Belfry and West Virginia players and with all the success Belfry has had in just the last dozen or so years and the magnifying glass that has to be on them don't you think the KHSAA would have taken care of it if there was an issue. How long did it take them to handle the issue at Fairview? Pike Central? They were swift and dealt with violations within a season or two and here Belfry stands "on the backs of WV" some detractors would say for over a decade with 8 State Championship Appearances (4-4) since 2003, a coach who could reach 400 wins this season, a team that has had one loosing season since 1990. In all that time with all that success why has there been no hammer? It's not like we've been invisible.

Fact is the kids come to play for a legendary coach in a top notch program. It's not like these are certified WV All State players coming in and just handing Haywood all these winning seasons.

Pick a new straw-man

:dudecomeon: get real.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:You obviously don't know to say Corbin will beat Belfry this year. We got more coming back Corbin dont. What's your logic. And don't go there with transfers because I'm sure every kid that plays at Corbin lives within the district. To many schools in that area to pull from. I will find you a good football App for your phone to help your knowledge of the game. Lol

Corbin is the same as Belfry.I dont even like Corbin so what are you talking about? lol
skully03 Wrote:Looks like BGR is back in the swing of things. Haters hatin on belfry and belfry will just show up on the field and prove they are legit once again. Ready for another run to BG. I'm thinking of getting a winter home down there just for the occasion. Who's with me. Lol.

save yourself some disappointment and stay where you are lol
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:That would be a huge line. I'd love to see that. I think it depends on if we have a tight end ready to step in for Cole. Miller could do it. The freshman Barker is a possibility also. Or even Carr. But talk about some meat up front. Shoot we could run two split ends with that line. Lol. Let's see. Preece is about 6'1 about 240 at center. Scott is bout 6'4" 325. Dotson and Bentley goes about 6'5 or 6'6 bout 280 or 290 and Gibbs is 6'4 280. They are trying to work out Whitt at guard also and he is a big strong kid. Either way it goes it's one of the biggest OL in the state. Who knows. But you can bet this all names just mentions don't care to get dirty and smack ya in the mouth. And moving Cole to guard would not disrupt anything especially if he plays the strong side beside Gibbs because they have played beside each other since I transferred him here from NC in middle school. Yes PJ Doug we recruit out of NC also. Lol

You forgot to mention Ohio and Virginia Confusednicker:
How big is the Barker kid? Is he physically strong yet or a year away?
skully03 Wrote:Looks like BGR is back in the swing of things. Haters hatin on belfry and belfry will just show up on the field and prove they are legit once again. Ready for another run to BG. I'm thinking of getting a winter home down there just for the occasion. Who's with me. Lol.

Belfry has my Respect would you rent me your winter home in Bowling Green if Corbin beats Belfry this year skully03 dang glad to be back on the east side of the state. :relaxing:
64SUR Wrote:Belfry has my Respect would you rent me your winter home in Bowling Green if Corbin beats Belfry this year skully03 dang glad to be back on the east side of the state. :relaxing:

sucking up so you can steal some of their mountaineers?Confusednicker:
What I heard from 7 on 7

Not much but everyone is desperate for info.

First and foremost pretty uneventful and not a real competitive type of 7 on 7. Heavy coaching and lots of rotations and for the most part half speed.

Corbett at QB1. Browning got plenty of reps. No reps at QB for Adkins. Both threw well.

The name to keep an eye on that has been off the radar is Keilan Carr. He's back and is a really nice athlete and looks like he may see plenty of reps on both sides of the ball. One of the better athletes on the team and should help if he keeps his focus.

Woolum and X at Cb. Catrom and Corbett at Safety. Lots of action for Adkins and Varney in secondary.

Worked Hunter at SE some. Barkers a good looking athlete.

Sanger, Wellman, Dove, and Fannin at LB.
For Hazard. Didn't get a lot of info but said their skill players aren't as big or athletic as years past. Good quickness.

QBs threw well but neither stood out.

Much like Haywood Dicon basically had them at 3/4 speed and was moving people around and subbing back and forth getting reps.hard to get a read on anything tangible.
Thanks EKU. Better than nothing. Wink
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin is the same as Belfry.I dont even like Corbin so what are you talking about? lol

To say Corbin is the same as Belfry proves you don't know football. Lol. Oh wait was you talkin colors. Lol.
Nice early morning practice with a reality check ending. Guess what boys? You ain't done nothing in 2015 yet. No one is rolling over and handing you the district, region and don't even think about state. Love it coach!!!! This is the man every kid in Ky should want to play for.
^ He is right. While we all think they should be very good, they did lose their best two offensive players. Austin Hatfield isn't walking through that door so to speak.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:To say Corbin is the same as Belfry proves you don't know football. Lol. Oh wait was you talkin colors. Lol.

How is Corbin differen't?:pondering:
pjdoug Wrote:How is Corbin differen't?:pondering:
Besides
Returning fewer starters
Losing at Home to a team Belfry beat in the Finals
Giving up 36 points to that team who didn't score an offensive TD against Belfry
Having a mediocre defense
Not having the best Defensive Player in 3A returning
Having less team speed
Beating Southwestern by 3 when Belfry beat them by 21
Losing their top two Defensive players where Belfry returns theirs
Playing a softer schedule
Having a Head Coach who has yet to Coach his team beyond the Regional Finals against a Coach who has won 4 Titles
They are not the 2 Time Defending Champs

Besides those...it's hard to really tell the difference between the two

Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Besides
Returning fewer starters
Losing at Home to a team Belfry beat in the Finals
Giving up 36 points to that team who didn't score an offensive TD against Belfry
Having a mediocre defense
Not having the best Defensive Player in 3A returning
Having less team speed
Beating Southwestern by 3 when Belfry beat them by 21
Losing their top two Defensive players where Belfry returns theirs
Playing a softer schedule
Having a Head Coach who has yet to Coach his team beyond the Regional Finals against a Coach who has won 4 Titles
They are not the 2 Time Defending Champs

Besides those...it's hard to really tell the difference between the two

Big Grin
nobody was talking about last season. How is the Corbin program throughout history differen't than Belfry? I'm sure you'll tell me how much better Belfry is.
pjdoug Wrote:nobody was talking about last season. How is the Corbin program throughout history differen't than Belfry? I'm sure you'll tell me how much better Belfry is.

Aside from the fact over the past 25 years one team has 4 State Titles and 8 Final Appearances and the other has two Finals Appearance and no Titles (and one of those runner-ups was a blowout to Breathitt who Belfry trailed by a TD with 2:00 to go in their Regional Final game with)?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Aside from the fact over the past 25 years one team has 4 State Titles and 8 Final Appearances and the other has two Finals Appearance and no Titles (and one of those runner-ups was a blowout to Breathitt who Belfry trailed by a TD with 2:00 to go in their Regional Final game with)?

Nobody said anything about 25 years but it will probably be at least that long before you have another shot at a titleConfusedtare:
pjdoug Wrote:Nobody said anything about 25 years but it will probably be at least that long before you have another shot at a titleConfusedtare:

You were wanting history... you got it... Corbin's a good program...but a Belfry they are not.

Corbin does have a movie about them though... so I guess if you really need to have something to grasp onto you can run with Corbin has been seen more on DVD Players
EKU - do you have to keep quoting him? I put him on my ignore list and your quotes are rendering that useless. Wink
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You were wanting history... you got it... Corbin's a good program...but a Belfry they are not.

Corbin does have a movie about them though... so I guess if you really need to have something to grasp onto you can run with Corbin has been seen more on DVD Players

Theres no doubt Corbin doesn't touch Belfry in the last 15 years, but if you include the whole history, its an entirely different story. As far as state titles, Belfry has 4, Corbin only shows 3 in the record books, but 55 was a title and I don't know why the KHSAA doesn't recognize it. They also had several undefeated seasons where they werent rewarded the title even though they beat the best teams in the state.

I think Belfry has around 20 Region titles since about 1970. Not sure before then. Id have to do some research on just how many regions Corbin has in football, but I know its a lot.

I don't see Belfry coming close to Corbin in district titles. Corbin didn't even lose a district game for almost a decade since the turn of the century, and that was as low as the program had ever been.

On total wins, id have to think Corbin leads that as well, although I could be wrong. I, like most people, don't know anything about Belfry pre 1990 except for the fact they weren't what they are now.

So, yea, last 15 years, Belfry is much more accomplished, more than 95% of teams in the state. Since the beginning of playing? You might not want to see the gap.
Old Corbin trumps Belfry hands down. Belfry didn't start competing on the statewide level until the late 70's... People forget though Belfry reached two Finals Pre-1990. Even then... 80's Corbin and way way back Corbin is much greater than Belfry.

With that said, in the modern era of football, or since Haywood came to Belfry, it's not even a fair comparison.

No denying Corbin is old money in KY football... But considering most of this board wasn't even alive back when Corbin was in their glory years I think it is fair to say ole pj trying to compare the two as equals is pretty far fetched.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You were wanting history... you got it... Corbin's a good program...but a Belfry they are not.

I was not wanting history.I know the history.I asked what is the difference in Corbin and Belfry. a Belfry they are not? your arrogance doesn't explain anything.I dont like either team but I see Corbin putting a stop to your yearly cake walk.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Old Corbin trumps Belfry hands down. Belfry didn't start competing on the statewide level until the late 70's... People forget though Belfry reached two Finals Pre-1990. Even then... 80's Corbin and way way back Corbin is much greater than Belfry.

With that said, in the modern era of football, or since Haywood came to Belfry, it's not even a fair comparison.

No denying Corbin is old money in KY football... But considering most of this board wasn't even alive back when Corbin was in their glory years I think it is fair to say ole pj trying to compare the two as equals is pretty far fetched.

Belfry being equal to Corbin in history would be far fetched .Belfry has had their fun and now its coming to an end as they become history as Corbin is preparing for another run. remember I said so when you sit at home disappointed year after year.:hilarious:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Old Corbin trumps Belfry hands down. Belfry didn't start competing on the statewide level until the late 70's... People forget though Belfry reached two Finals Pre-1990. Even then... 80's Corbin and way way back Corbin is much greater than Belfry.

Cant disagree there.
pjdoug Wrote:Belfry being equal to Corbin in history would be far fetched .Belfry has had their fun and now its coming to an end as they become history as Corbin is preparing for another run. remember I said so when you sit at home disappointed year after year.:hilarious:

been hearing Belfry run was over 10 yrs ago,lol
Ok PJ here is how we are different. We have more expierienced and better players this year than Corbin does. Dang. I'm not saying Corbin isn't building. I know they are. But this year not next they won't be better. Because of what we have returning. Again. You don't know football.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Ok PJ here is how we are different. We have more expierienced and better players this year than Corbin does. Dang. I'm not saying Corbin isn't building. I know they are. But this year not next they won't be better. Because of what we have returning. Again. You don't know football.

You are right Corbin lost a lot.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Ok PJ here is how we are different. We have more expierienced and better players this year than Corbin does. Dang. I'm not saying Corbin isn't building. I know they are. But this year not next they won't be better. Because of what we have returning. Again. You don't know football.

not much difference in the programs.again I do know football.because I dont worship Pirates doesn't mean I dont know football Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next