•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2015
Schedule update. Belfry at Cabell Midand on October 2. Leaves one game still needed if I am not mistaken.
bucslover68 Wrote:Schedule update. Belfry at Cabell Midand on October 2. Leaves one game still needed if I am not mistaken.

Great get in my opinion. JC has scrimmaged them the past two years and is scheduled to do so again this season. Last year JC traveled to CM and they have a very nice facility minus the visiting teams locker room, would consider it very cramped for any team that dresses over 30 players. CM is the largest school in the state and has recently become one of the top 4-5 teams in WV's largest classification. Did you all finalize Capital in Week 3 or are you all still looking?
They only lost both of their games by one touchdown. Capitol who won the state in 3A, the biggest division in WV only beat them 35-28.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Bentley and Horton need to go to the Rivals and Scout combines. Get some pub from those recruiting services and watch them both get first team next year.

I think if both does the Rivals or Nike Camp Scene this summer they will have a few offers.

As I told my father after the State Championship... if Ray Horton doesn't have big time college football offers by the end of his Junior year then there are recruiting coordinators that need to lose their job. I have seen a lot of football players come through EKY over the years and the only D-Linemen who even compares to Horton is Jeremy Caudill. Even then... Caudill wasn't nearly as dominant as early as Horton.

Sully Simpson from Henry Clay and Zac Caldwell from Harlan County has appeared on several All-State lists and are great linemen... what Horton did to them early in his Sophomore season is almost unprecedented.

I think Bentley projects best as a Guard or Tackle at the next level. You simply can't teach size and strength like he has and his quickness would make him a very good prospect there.
DALE Wrote:Great get in my opinion. JC has scrimmaged them the past two years and is scheduled to do so again this season. Last year JC traveled to CM and they have a very nice facility minus the visiting teams locker room, would consider it very cramped for any team that dresses over 30 players. CM is the largest school in the state and has recently become one of the top 4-5 teams in WV's largest classification. Did you all finalize Capital in Week 3 or are you all still looking?

Nothing further on Capital at this point. Belfry still needs one more game is what I was told.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think if both does the Rivals or Nike Camp Scene this summer they will have a few offers.

As I told my father after the State Championship... if Ray Horton doesn't have big time college football offers by the end of his Junior year then there are recruiting coordinators that need to lose their job. I have seen a lot of football players come through EKY over the years and the only D-Linemen who even compares to Horton is Jeremy Caudill. Even then... Caudill wasn't nearly as dominant as early as Horton.

Sully Simpson from Henry Clay and Zac Caldwell from Harlan County has appeared on several All-State lists and are great linemen... what Horton did to them early in his Sophomore season is almost unprecedented.

I think Bentley projects best as a Guard or Tackle at the next level. You simply can't teach size and strength like he has and his quickness would make him a very good prospect there.

I told Tropper Taylor both there names a couple weeks back and I watch him send them to Dan Dodd Recruiting Coordinator here at Arkansas State and seen Trooper sat night at the parade for the GoDADDY Bowl and he said they have checked them out, so I don't know for sure if they have but he said thanks for telling us about them,because they don't do KY unless someone tells them about a kid..we need dline help bad,because Freeze,Gus and Harsin was all about offensive players and u could tell this year as we scored lots of points but cant stop no one when the we had 9 season injurys on defense..
Kids working hard for a three peat? What news from Pond Creek?
"crickets"
PaytoPlay Wrote:Kids working hard for a three peat? What news from Pond Creek?

Lifting weights and conditioning. A couple playing basketball and some wrestling. All the other Pond Creekers are reading Coach Haywood's new book and getting ready for July/August.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The truth of the matter is, we have never recruited. Driving really slowly through Williamson with our hands on our car window and 4 rings on in December isn't REALLY recruiting.

I understand, we can see the bling shining in Pikeville.....LOL
good luck belfry in 2015
Being reported on the other site that Belfry has finalized the schedule by inking a 2 year home and home with Newport Central Catholic.

Great addition to the schedule.
NCC on the schedule will make Belfry stronger.
Great pickup
Been told that Harlan Co has now dropped but Johnson Co and Belfry from the schedule, paying the buyout to drop these games for the next two years.

Can anyone confirm?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Being reported on the other site that Belfry has finalized the schedule by inking a 2 year home and home with Newport Central Catholic.

Great addition to the schedule.

I agree, solid get. I know Johnson Central contacted them last Wednesday regarding that opening but I guess Belfry beat us to the punch.
DALE Wrote:I agree, solid get. I know Johnson Central contacted them last Wednesday regarding that opening but I guess Belfry beat us to the punch.

We'll take a win against JC any way we can get it.
Who is open week 2? Damnit, I hate to lose the Harlan Co game as both fan bases really enjoyed and respected the series.
If in fact the rumors are true...and Harlan is off the schedule....that's disappointing.
I re-watched the Finals game today. Both Catron and Willis should take their lack of carries as a challenge to get better and lead their team next season. I am not criticizing anyone. Only saying Hatfield isn't packing the pigskin next year. The WB's will have to be good against the best competition.
Its official now I will only being cheering for 3ABelfry untill they play Corbin. Redhound are coming to the mountains. I have kin playing for Corbin now " Yahoo" :Cheerlead
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:If in fact the rumors are true...and Harlan is off the schedule....that's disappointing.

Just saw Harlan Schedule. They did not drop Belfry or JC!!!
Looking forward to another Belfry state title run!
Not sure it was posted:

Aug 28 - Tates Creek - Pike Co Bowl
Sep 04 - @ Harlan County
Sep 11 - Newport Central Catholic
Sep 18 - Pikeville
Sep 25 - @ Sheldon Clark
Oct 02 - @ Cabell Midland, WV
Oct 09 - Knoxville Catholic, TN
Oct 16 - Lawrence County
Oct 23 - @ Pike County Central
Oct 30 - Johnson Central

That is one tough schedule... I would say bar none the toughest schedule for an EKY team. I am going to say 7-3 regular season but very well prepared for another Title push. Close losses to Cabell Midland and Johnson Central. Loss to Knoxville Catholic.
Awesome home games for the fans.
Awesome schedule. Excited for the season.
Lets assume Derek Wellman gets the nod at FB. Any chance TJ Dotson or A. Hall move inside to LB and let A. Fletcher play DE?
The only one that could replace Hatfield at FB is Rayquan Horton if they put him there.
Football season can't come soon enough.
Linebacker will be key. Who is really in the mix?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next