•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2015
Look I love Belfry, love the program, and proud of hell of those kids, and am excited about the coming season - but IMO it is just not accurate to say that we "dominated" Central. Like I said above, it does seem accurate to say Belfry's defense was dominant.

I guess I am just trying to look at it from the flip side. If someone beat Belfry by one score and claimed they dominated us, I would call B.S. Was Belfry "in control" from start to finish? Yes. Dominating? No IMHO.

I'm out on the topic. I always check this thread hoping there is real discussion about the offseason training and upcoming season. Hopefully spring practice will give us all some real stuff to talk about. Wink
Spring practice at Belfry is no indication on the season. Way to many key players play baseball. But if you go by what is going on at Spring Drills looks like it's going to be a fun season.
I for one am excited about the possible improvement Willis and Catron can show. I saw that Willis played basketball but I don't think Catron did. Both of those young men will need to really step up and be more explosive this coming season. I hope and think Catron especially can be stout running inside despite not having a lot of size.

I assume Varney, Adkins, and Hunter will be primary reserves at WB. Adkins in particular showed promise this past season IMO,
Leonidas Wrote:I'm as big a Belfry fan as any and it wasn't dominant in any way....either game.

Impressive that they held Wayne Co. and Central to zero offensive scores? Yes, I think so, but there is a big difference in impressive and dominant.

A dominant team leaves no doubt from start to finish that the game isn't in doubt. Both of those games were in doubt until the clock hit 0:00.

exactly right.
Belfry, and Pulaski County have to be tied as the worst state champion ever in the history of high school football. Football in Kentucky is horrible, and 2014 proves it by those 2 winning titles. If you ever want to see good high school football check out Shelby from NC. Shelby is a 2a school, and would beat every KY school except for trinity, but that game would be a dogfight.
^ gtfo.
andy griffith Wrote:Belfry, and Pulaski County have to be tied as the worst state champion ever in the history of high school football. Football in Kentucky is horrible, and 2014 proves it by those 2 winning titles. If you ever want to see good high school football check out Shelby from NC. Shelby is a 2a school, and would beat every KY school except for trinity, but that game would be a dogfight.

Yeah.....the great state of North Carolina has always been known as the bastion of pre-eminent high school football:Thumbs:

:lmao:
I agree knew yall would see it my way.
A Belfry boy went to the great football power state of NC and brought back the defensive MVP at NUC 5 star. Yes a couple of Shelby kids was there and we wasn't at all impressed. A quarterback that ain't smart enough to run Belfrys system, a supposedly stud Offensive line that couldn't have stop our middle school lineman and a defensive tackle that you needed a calendar to clock his 40. So don't even go with Shelby NC.
proud44pirate Wrote:A Belfry boy went to the great football power state of NC and brought back the defensive MVP at NUC 5 star. Yes a couple of Shelby kids was there and we wasn't at all impressed. A quarterback that ain't smart enough to run Belfrys system, a supposedly stud Offensive line that couldn't have stop our middle school lineman and a defensive tackle that you needed a calendar to clock his 40. So don't even go with Shelby NC.

Belfry needs to be good enough to beat a 1a Kentucky school like Pikeville before you even start dreaming of giving Shelby a game.Confusednicker:
andy griffith Wrote:Belfry needs to be good enough to beat a 1a Kentucky school like Pikeville before you even start dreaming of giving Shelby a game.Confusednicker:

I was stationed at Fort Bragg for 18 years. And I seen a lot of football in North Carolina including Shelby. And just like most people that plays Belfry they can't take the " Pop you in the mouth kinda football". Everything is finesse and showboating.
andy griffith Wrote:A champion is a champion, and a win is a win, but not sure why you chose to say belfry won in convincing fashion. 14-7 is not dominant. The only stat that matters is score, but I wouldn't use the word convincing.

Clearly a misinformed Newbie.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:Clearly a misinformed Newbie.

Funny thing is yall say your 14-7 performance was dominant, but I heard another belfry fan 3 days ago say that johnson central, and belfry are about even teams with Johnson central "maybe" being slightly better. Is it idiots in Kentucky in general, or is it just the arrogance of belfry fans to think that you are so much better than a team you beat by 7, but your team is even, or almost as good as a team that smoked yall. Didn't Johnson Central beat yall by 30 or so. Get back to me when you will take the rose colored shades off, and be honest.
I swear it seems like Andy is hi jacking every thread and down grading eastern Kentucky football.
bac2369 Wrote:I swear it seems like Andy is hi jacking every thread and down grading eastern Kentucky football.

Maybe its belfry fans downing other teams, how can you say you dominated someone you beat by 7, and then say a team that beat you by 30 isn't much better. For the reord I don't discriminate eastern Kentucky, since I think all Kentucky football is weak. Ive bashed western teams to, so you could say im an equal opportunity basher.
andy griffith Wrote:Maybe its belfry fans downing other teams, how can you say you dominated someone you beat by 7, and then say a team that beat you by 30 isn't much better. For the reord I don't discriminate eastern Kentucky, since I think all Kentucky football is weak. Ive bashed western teams to, so you could say im an equal opportunity basher.

guessing you're a tar heel fan?
pjdoug Wrote:exactly right.

But if Belfry had gotten beat by Wayne Co. in any kind of weather you wouldn't have had to listen to me cry about it for weeks like you and Lilly.
andy griffith Wrote:Belfry, and Pulaski County have to be tied as the worst state champion ever in the history of high school football. Football in Kentucky is horrible, and 2014 proves it by those 2 winning titles. If you ever want to see good high school football check out Shelby from NC. Shelby is a 2a school, and would beat every KY school except for trinity, but that game would be a dogfight.

You've went too far...quit being a troll. It's unbecoming.
Man PJdoug last year and andygriffith this year...Gonna be a long season smh!!!
bucslover68 Wrote:Man PJdoug last year and andygriffith this year...Gonna be a long season smh!!!

Mr. Griffith is correct in saying Kentucky high school football is weak.:biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:Mr. Griffith is correct in saying Kentucky high school football is weak.:biggrin:

Smartest guy on here. Maybe you can give me the breakdown on whos good, and who is weak.
andy griffith Wrote:Belfry needs to be good enough to beat a 1a Kentucky school like Pikeville before you even start dreaming of giving Shelby a game.Confusednicker:

You lost your creditability when you said they would give Louisville Trinity a "dogfight." Trinity would without doubt beat them like a drum the way they roll the other teams they play. Don't compare a small 2A program to a NATIONAL powerhouse.
I think pjdoug and andy are the same person.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I think pjdoug and andy are the same person.

Ding Ding Ding....We have a winner.....
Or at least bed buddies.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I think pjdoug and andy are the same person.
I dont think so.
proud44pirate Wrote:Or at least bed buddies.
:lame:
proud44pirate Wrote:Or at least bed buddies.

Funny coming from a belfry butt pirate fan.Confusedinglepar
Truth is the Truth.....
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Truth is the Truth.....

exactly right and you cant distinguish fantasy from reality.I have no idea who Andy Griffith is on here but it ain't me.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next