•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class A Pre-Season Top 10
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Imo Carson plays qb next year , black isn't ready

I wont be suprised to see him there. He got a majority of the mop up reps his Frosh and Soph seasons. Obviously has good vision, has a decent arm as well. I agree Damon has alot of work to do. I also know that he is who they would prefer to be ready and be back there taking snaps. But, Idk if he will be ready or not. Tbh, there are alot of viable options to take over at QB and each brings something different. Id like to see them give Caldwell as shot, very smart football player. Either way, who ever the hell they put back there, I think we will be fine.
Raceland will figure out who plays quarterback but I don't think Raceland passes as much next season as years past. Synder and Christian could be similar but not close to the Denton and Carver kid who played a few years back.
Bailey Walker, believe it or not, is just as strong as they were and quite possibly as fast. Christian is a different style back than they were and so is Davidson. Those two were special though, leave no doubt. I also agree that we wont air it out as much. I said it alot last year, but the play action game needs to be utilized more as well.
I also got to looking. Paris may make some noise next year as well. They will be senior dominate and will play with a lot of heart.
I think that outside of all of District 6, they stand the best chance of competing for the region. Does anyone have any info on Bishop Brossart?
I am eager to see how the Williamsburg district shapes out.
Who are all the teams is district 6 ?
I really think Raceland is a state contender the next couple of years , all this talk ( me included ) is kind of funny about the qb but what a blessing it is to have many options and as good as they were this year I think they are better next season , to me the biggest loss and hardest to replave will be josh and maverick and defense because teams just could not pass on them . Connor is a great athlete maybe the best ever at Racelamd but I think replacing him won't be as hard because they can spread the wealth sole and this team becomes more physical
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I really think Raceland is a state contender the next couple of years , all this talk ( me included ) is kind of funny about the qb but what a blessing it is to have many options and as good as they were this year I think they are better next season , to me the biggest loss and hardest to replave will be josh and maverick and defense because teams just could not pass on them . Connor is a great athlete maybe the best ever at Racelamd but I think replacing him won't be as hard because they can spread the wealth sole and this team becomes more physical

I agree. Sadly, Conner's underclassmen numbers really ended up having him used as a decoy for a bulk of the season. His touches were limited due to double and triple coverage. The only team to play him one on one and not get beat was Williamsburg. Hats off to him btw for accepting his roll and then making the most of each chance he got.

I think we will be better as well. I really believe our best football is ahead of us. We will be extremely physical over the next several seasons. Especially this coming season and the next. Like I said we have plenty of options to play QB and plenty of options at RB. We should be built for ground and pound that is for sure. Our biggest issue will be at the CB spot. Carson and Nick should excel at the SS and FS positions and I expect Austin Howard at CB, to be alot better in coverage this year, he just didnt see enough reps, only being in the Nickel and Dime packages. The other will probably go to Cherry. He, imo, has te most work to do. That front 7 returning will be huge though. Walker, Snyder, and Holbrook all cover really well as LBs too. We will be tough, as will the rest of our district. Dang, is it August yet?

Back to topic...
BW imo, has to be the No 1 team due to how much closer they have consistantly played or beaten MF through the last alignment. Return a good QB, solid and experienced OL, and some good options at RB/WR

Raceland- no 2 out of the gate. Return entire defensive front 7 and 4/5 OL and entire backfield full of great running backs. May have the beat defense returning even with the losses to graduation.

Pikeville- A healthy Pugh and a cast guys like Vanderbeck and others, put them i position to make noise.

Hazard- Even with the loss of Morgan and Jones, they will bring a good group of underclassmen into starting rolls. Kids that got a good bit of tallent. Replacing Morgan is bigger than replacing Jones, imo. Jones will be replaced by comittee. Morgan had physical aspects that are hard to duplicate.

Russellville-Lost a tone to graduation but always have alot of atheletes. Maybe this is the year they put it together now that district foe MF is gone.

Frankfort- Hard to ever fully discredit or count out the dirty-thirty. Always have a wealth of tallent and Robinson is a prime example.

Paintsville- True, they shocked Pikeville, but Estep wasnt at full strength, Pugh was banged up, but thy still did what they had to and almost did enough to avenge the loss to Raceland. They are my sleeper again this year.

Williamsburg-Possibly, No one in the state was hit harder by graduation. They have a good bit of underclassmen that saw playing time and a varsity 2s/JV that didnt give up alot of points. But they lose alot of offensive output and their entire OL and DL. Their LB corps stays intact for the most part. But the loss of Griffith and Shelton is big. Those 2 have been major cotributors since they were Frosh.

...everyone else seemto be alot the same lines. Defenses really drop off after the top 5 or 6. Just about toss Campbellsville, Fairview, HC in a hat and not come up with a wrong order...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree. Sadly, Conner's underclassmen numbers really ended up having him used as a decoy for a bulk of the season. His touches were limited due to double and triple coverage. The only team to play him one on one and not get beat was Williamsburg. Hats off to him btw for accepting his roll and then making the most of each chance he got.

I think we will be better as well. I really believe our best football is ahead of us. We will be extremely physical over the next several seasons. Especially this coming season and the next. Like I said we have plenty of options to play QB and plenty of options at RB. We should be built for ground and pound that is for sure. Our biggest issue will be at the CB spot. Carson and Nick should excel at the SS and FS positions and I expect Austin Howard at CB, to be alot better in coverage this year, he just didnt see enough reps, only being in the Nickel and Dime packages. The other will probably go to Cherry. He, imo, has te most work to do. That front 7 returning will be huge though. Walker, Snyder, and Holbrook all cover really well as LBs too. We will be tough, as will the rest of our district. Dang, is it August yet?

Back to topic...
BW imo, has to be the No 1 team due to how much closer they have consistantly played or beaten MF through the last alignment. Return a good QB, solid and experienced OL, and some good options at RB/WR

Raceland- no 2 out of the gate. Return entire defensive front 7 and 4/5 OL and entire backfield full of great running backs. May have the beat defense returning even with the losses to graduation.

Pikeville- A healthy Pugh and a cast guys like Vanderbeck and others, put them i position to make noise.

Hazard- Even with the loss of Morgan and Jones, they will bring a good group of underclassmen into starting rolls. Kids that got a good bit of tallent. Replacing Morgan is bigger than replacing Jones, imo. Jones will be replaced by comittee. Morgan had physical aspects that are hard to duplicate.

Russellville-Lost a tone to graduation but always have alot of atheletes. Maybe this is the year they put it together now that district foe MF is gone.

Frankfort- Hard to ever fully discredit or count out the dirty-thirty. Always have a wealth of tallent and Robinson is a prime example.

Paintsville- True, they shocked Pikeville, but Estep wasnt at full strength, Pugh was banged up, but thy still did what they had to and almost did enough to avenge the loss to Raceland. They are my sleeper again this year.

Williamsburg-Possibly, No one in the state was hit harder by graduation. They have a good bit of underclassmen that saw playing time and a varsity 2s/JV that didnt give up alot of points. But they lose alot of offensive output and their entire OL and DL. Their LB corps stays intact for the most part. But the loss of Griffith and Shelton is big. Those 2 have been major cotributors since they were Frosh.

...everyone else seemto be alot the same lines. Defenses really drop off after the top 5 or 6. Just about toss Campbellsville, Fairview, HC in a hat and not come up with a wrong order...

Your Top Ten looks solid except for one thing:

Beechwood has NEVER beaten Mayfield. Played them close a few times but their program has never defeated the Cardinals.
Hatz Wrote:Your Top Ten looks solid except for one thing:

Beechwood has NEVER beaten Mayfield. Played them close a few times but their program has never defeated the Cardinals.

Mayfield has been kick out of 1A Hatz Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Mayfield has been kick out of 1A Hatz Confusednicker:

You will soon be a Colonel.
Hatz Wrote:Your Top Ten looks solid except for one thing:

Correction to my post then, BW defeated whoever beat MF. Be it Frankfort/Rville or who ever it was. Either way, BW has earned the previously vacated no 1 spot.
no way will Raceland be number 2.
If your saying Raceland won't be # 2 in the polls I totally agree but if your saying they aren't good enough your way off
anotherfootballnut Wrote:If your saying Raceland won't be # 2 in the polls I totally agree but if your saying they aren't good enough your way off

I like Raceland and they have lots of potential , but I dont think they will be number 2.
Who is worthy of number 2?
bac2369 Wrote:Who is worthy of number 2?

Hazard? :biggrin:
Hazard could have a shot.. But Raceland and Paintsville return more. Them and Pikeville are toss ups but I give the nod to Pikeville for the past 2 wins over hazard.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard could have a shot.. But Raceland and Paintsville return more. Them and Pikeville are toss ups but I give the nod to Pikeville for the past 2 wins over hazard.

is Morgan returning for Hazard?
No..
I think 1 is clear 2-4 are toss ups. 5-8 are about the same and 9/10 are toss ups. Its alot like it is every year, BUT, thisyear it will be alot closer from top to bottom.
Beechwood will not be head shoulders above the rest of the state.But tradition and a few experienced play makers put them there. After Beechwood, Raceland, Paintsville,Pikeville,Hazard, Russellville aren't much different and any of these teams could beat each other on any given night.
bac2369 Wrote:Beechwood will not be head shoulders above the rest of the state.But tradition and a few experienced play makers put them there. After Beechwood, Raceland, Paintsville,Pikeville,Hazard, Russellville aren't much different and any of these teams could beat each other on any given night.

I hate to think bac2369 you keep leaving williamsburg out. You do understand that williamsburg second unit lastyear play more than the starter...just saying Confusedhh:
Frankfort will return 4 seniors that are play makers.

Anthony Robinson - 3 year starter at QB
Malik Frank - Was FHS leading WR last year
Deshawn Newton - Split Time at QB and WR - Could very well play QB and move Robinson to Running Back.
Mathew Smith - He didnt play last season had transfered out of state and is back and been cleared. He will Play Running Back and Wr - He is the most physical player on the team.

Those are the 4 horses and could start on any Class A team in the state.
64SUR Wrote:I hate to think bac2369 you keep leaving williamsburg out. You do understand that williamsburg second unit lastyear play more than the starter...just saying Confusedhh:

I really hate too. But with the talent they lost I just can't put them in the conversation. It will be a complete over haul on offense and defense. Huskey and Hughett will have there hands for.
Block Down Kick Out Wrote:Frankfort will return 4 seniors that are play makers.

Anthony Robinson - 3 year starter at QB
Malik Frank - Was FHS leading WR last year
Deshawn Newton - Split Time at QB and WR - Could very well play QB and move Robinson to Running Back.
Mathew Smith - He didnt play last season had transfered out of state and is back and been cleared. He will Play Running Back and Wr - He is the most physical player on the team.

Those are the 4 horses and could start on any Class A team in the state.

maybe they can start for Williamsburg then Confusednicker:
Watch out for Pineville
Harlan and Pineville may of closed the gap this year in there district.
KickPuntPass Wrote:Watch out for Pineville
Pineville should be improved for sure.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next