Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old School Raw
It's typically done after New Year's.

Do you guys think they'll do it again?
I've not watched Raw in a while. Every time it comes on it is in Spanish and I can't figure out why.
Most definitely.
I would like to see the "Old School" Raw use the Neon entrance from the early 1990's

[Image: http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/...a9a075.png]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I would like to see the "Old School" Raw use the Neon entrance from the early 1990's

[Image: http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/...a9a075.png]

Can't argue with that!
Westside Wrote:I've not watched Raw in a while. Every time it comes on it is in Spanish and I can't figure out why.

You can try hitting the "SAP" button on your remote.

Other than that... I don't know lol
zaga_fan Wrote:You can try hitting the "SAP" button on your remote.

Other than that... I don't know lol

If I can find my remote for my tv I'll try that. Thanks Saga.
I hope so. I really enjoyed Jake the Snake on last year's.
Hope so. Wrestling isn't bad now but it will never be what it once was.
JMamba Wrote:Hope so. Wrestling isn't bad now but it will never be what it once was.

What, do you mean in the 60's with Buddy Rogers, Louis Carpentier, The Kangaroos, Lou Thesz and Johnny Valentine

Or the 70's with Harley Race, Bruno Sammartino, Andre the Giant, Ernie Ladd and Verne Gagne

Or are you talking about the 80's with Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Road Warriors, Rock & Roll Express, The Von Erich Family and the Freebirds

Or possibly the 90's with Stone Cold, The Rock, Sting, NWO and HHH

Or just a decade ago Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Hardy Boys, Dudley Boys, Awesome Kong

Oh the good ole days. We always remember yesterday like it was the greatest. I call BS! I'm a product of the late 70's and early 80's, so I have seen it all. Every decade is great, and I will never say an era of old was better than a current era. First, that's impossible to compare, secondly it's naive to not wait until the next era to best understand the current era. People can say what they want, but give me CM Punk, AJ Style's and Austin Aries ring technical abilities even if not better than Ric Flair, Rick Steamboat, Harley Race and Jack Brisco. We rightfully put Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair at the top of the talkers, but hate him all you want, John Cena is as good as anyone in this business. But if you don't like him, take a listen to Samoa Joe or the current day Ric Flair - Bobby Roode. Bump takers, never saw anyone as good as Ric Flair or Kurt Henning until Dolph Ziggler came around, he just my be the best in history! Was Andre Big? Nothing close to Big Show Big in true size, not made up size (Andre was actually 6-9 versus a legit 7-0 Paul Wight).

We always talk about the good ole days, but that is because we can't appreciate just how talented guys are because we grew with heroes. I guess today's 10 year-olds will be looking at this group of superstars as the greatest era to ever don a pair of tights in 20 years.....
My favorite is the 80's but I dont watch it much now.
Stardust Wrote:What, do you mean in the 60's with Buddy Rogers, Louis Carpentier, The Kangaroos, Lou Thesz and Johnny Valentine

Or the 70's with Harley Race, Bruno Sammartino, Andre the Giant, Ernie Ladd and Verne Gagne

Or are you talking about the 80's with Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Road Warriors, Rock & Roll Express, The Von Erich Family and the Freebirds

Or possibly the 90's with Stone Cold, The Rock, Sting, NWO and HHH

Or just a decade ago Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Hardy Boys, Dudley Boys, Awesome Kong

Oh the good ole days. We always remember yesterday like it was the greatest. I call BS! I'm a product of the late 70's and early 80's, so I have seen it all. Every decade is great, and I will never say an era of old was better than a current era. First, that's impossible to compare, secondly it's naive to not wait until the next era to best understand the current era. People can say what they want, but give me CM Punk, AJ Style's and Austin Aries ring technical abilities even if not better than Ric Flair, Rick Steamboat, Harley Race and Jack Brisco. We rightfully put Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair at the top of the talkers, but hate him all you want, John Cena is as good as anyone in this business. But if you don't like him, take a listen to Samoa Joe or the current day Ric Flair - Bobby Roode. Bump takers, never saw anyone as good as Ric Flair or Kurt Henning until Dolph Ziggler came around, he just my be the best in history! Was Andre Big? Nothing close to Big Show Big in true size, not made up size (Andre was actually 6-9 versus a legit 7-0 Paul Wight).

We always talk about the good ole days, but that is because we can't appreciate just how talented guys are because we grew with heroes. I guess today's 10 year-olds will be looking at this group of superstars as the greatest era to ever don a pair of tights in 20 years.....

I'll say that a few years ago I quit watching wrestling because basically all the guys I grew up watching were fading away and I told myself that the current generation wasn't as good.

I started watching some local promotions and started digging wrestling again and I think this current batch is as talented as ever.

We all like to book from our recliner and talk about how dated John Cena is... but when he tells Brock Lesnar that he's about to come face-to-face with the man that runs the place... how can you not book that?

I see a lot of hate on Miz too... but am I missing something there? When he and Ziggler had the feud over the IC title I thought that they put on some amazing matches and he's as good of a heel talker as anyone. Maybe I'm just missing something lol
^ Preach it bother! I'm an old guy, but not an old school guy! Pro Wrestling evloves just like every other aspect of life, it only gets better! You can argue who your all time favorites are, but you can't argue about what is better, because everything gets better with evolution.
Westside Wrote:My favorite is the 80's but I don't watch it much now.

You don't know what you are missing. My era was the 80's and when I look back, that era of sports will always be my favorite. But as good as the 80's were, the 90's was better. 00's better than the 90's, and right now, sports and entertainment of all kinds are better than "Back in the Old Day's".
Stardust Wrote:^ Preach it bother! I'm an old guy, but not an old school guy! Pro Wrestling evloves just like every other aspect of life, it only gets better! You can argue who your all time favorites are, but you can't argue about what is better, because everything gets better with evolution.

Truer words have never been spoken..... :biggrin:
According to the USA commercials, Hogan, Flair, Nash, and HBK will have a Raw reunion tonight on USA.
Sting on MNR was awesome!

That set up a couple of possible scenarios for WM 31.
Sting vs. Triple H is the crystal clear direction they are going.

I'm fine with it, should have a great match.
It was a pretty good show.