Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brock Lesnar a modern Andre The Giant???
In the Stone Cold podcast, VKM said something to the effect of... 'Lesnar is a sports spectacle, when he is on the card, you know it's gonna something big.'

That's why Lesnar has the WWE title and he only has a limited amount of TV/PPV appearances on his schedule.

So... that makes me wonder. Is Brock Lesnar a modern Andre The Giant?

I got to see Andre The Giant in Huntington, WV. when I was around 4-5 years old. I really don't remember much about it, other than my dad holding me up the whole time. Both of my parents tell me that Andre got a bigger ovation than Hogan did.

Lesnar had some of the highest UFC PPV buy rates and highest ticket prices in their history. The Hogan vs. Andre main event at WM 3, at the time, was the largest indoor attendance record in history with 93,173 people in the Silver Dome.

Andre never was the actual WWF champion. I never understood VKM's logic on that one. Hogan might have been on top of the world, but it's a shame to think that Andre never wore the strap.

Is Lesnar gonna be as remembered as Andre.... IMO, I don't think so.
Is Lesnar as big of an attraction as Andre.... IMO, I don't think so.
Does Lesnar have the 'Star Power' like Andre had... Maybe.
Is Lesnar the closest thing we have to Andre.... IMO, Yes.

[Image: http://www.profightdb.com/img/wrestlers/...dreimg.jpg]

[Image: http://www.fixtvforum.com/wp-content/upl...76x851.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Lesnar is a sideshow and whatever Vince says about him being better off as a "special attraction" is completely stupid.
I do like the idea of not having the Champ on every tv show.... the WWE Championship matches do need to be fewer.... we all know it's fake, but the main strap needs to a special event.
A Non-Title match IS STUPID!!!!! That might be the worst thing in pro wrestling..... a non-title match.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I do like the idea of not having the Champ on every tv show.... the WWE Championship matches do need to be fewer.... we all know it's fake, but the main strap needs to a special event.
A Non-Title match IS STUPID!!!!! That might be the worst thing in pro wrestling..... a non-title match.

I think the champ needs to be your main hero or villain and they need to be there weekly.

It's stupid to pull the title off of Daniel Bryan when he is going to be out for a few months... then give it to Brock who doesn't show up for months at a time anyway.
I don't know how anyone with a giant wiener on there chest could be a main attraction.