Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Democrats lose an election...
It's because they just had a low turnout.

When Republicans lose an election, they are out of touch with the American public and need to change their values.
WideRight05 Wrote:It's because they just had a low turnout.

When Republicans lose an election, they are out of touch with the American public and need to change their values.

LOL, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the loser always have a low turnout? The Dems having wrongly tagged the average Joe as stupid, lost the midterms in historic fashion, and they richly deserved that loss. Jonathan Gruber is the quintessential poster boy to illustrate what I have been saying about the Dems, who will say or do anything to get in, or maintain elected power. The Clintons (both Ivy Leaguers) brought arrogance and entitlement with them to office and it was through their actions that I first became aware of the Gruber profile. Which, if I had to boil down succinctly, could be best defined by taking some liberties with a Socrates quote. "I think, therefore I am", becomes "I think I am special."

Midterm voters took exception to much of the media backed theater that passed for governance at the hands of liberals over the past six years. Unfortunately, the enlightening force behind their partial renaissance has been in the world arena. The anchor that gave the world it's sense of normalcy was the former example of leadership the US imparted. Now with the planet in the throes of tumult, and given that the great equalizer came in pledging to transform America, he has subsequently weighed anchor on the US ship of state. The new America is being blown about by the same unrest we see across the globe and he's cheering it on. I could never understand the rabid zeal shown by Obama supporters for change. We were number one in the world and no nation doubted that fact, much less our own people. Who else could ever step up and fill the role we did as recently as the George W era? The subtle horror of leaving the path is the failure to recognize it until it is too late to recover. And friend, we are off the path.

The case can be made that we Americans have lost the moral authority to lead due to having turned our backs on our Christian heritage but, I will not belabor that point again here. Liberals believe that if they pronounce their ideological goals as the truth, the people will buy into it like lemmings. To me, the nexus for their successes along those lines has been largely due to the media, who have used Hollywood caliber production to make it seem that Dems can do no wrong while simultaneously making it seem that Republicans can do no right. Voters have been concerned for many reasons, and that is why they gave Dems the heave ho. I hope the message gets through to DC that the voter expects and will not accept anything short of the truth and mutual respect from their elected officials. And, I hope that message includes a return to the moral values of our very recent past.

Republicans, other than RINO's like John McCain, were elected because they stuck by their values, the last thing they need to do is change them. In 2012, the liberals were on here crowing that Republicans would not win another election unless they made a dramatic move to the left. Love that red map!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When Democrats lose an election, America finds a reason to go to war and criticizing the GOP becomes unpatriotic!
Pick6 Wrote:When Democrats lose an election, America finds a reason to go to war and criticizing the GOP becomes unpatriotic!

Can you all ever put together a coherent response and/or argument to a point?

I'm not going to say who voted for what because evidently you don't know, but I suggest you go back and take a look at who gave a "yes" vote to go into Iraq.
WideRight05 Wrote:It's because they just had a low turnout.

Truth hurts doesn't it. I hate the fact that only 1 out of every three people voted in this last election. I think it is one of the saddest things that could happen to our republic.

I live in a very large county Whitley County close to 40,000 population was, heavy Republican area and about 8,500 people voted. 6,000 for the Republican ticket and 2,500 for the Democrat ticket. That was it. What were the totals in your county?
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the loser always have a low turnout? The Dems having wrongly tagged the average Joe as stupid, lost the midterms in historic fashion, and they richly deserved that loss. Jonathan Gruber is the quintessential poster boy to illustrate what I have been saying about the Dems, who will say or do anything to get in, or maintain elected power. The Clintons (both Ivy Leaguers) brought arrogance and entitlement with them to office and it was through their actions that I first became aware of the Gruber profile. Which, if I had to boil down succinctly, could be best defined by taking some liberties with a Socrates quote. "I think, therefore I am", becomes "I think I am special."

Midterm voters took exception to much of the media backed theater that passed for governance at the hands of liberals over the past six years. Unfortunately, the enlightening force behind their partial renaissance has been in the world arena. The anchor that gave the world it's sense of normalcy was the former example of leadership the US imparted. Now with the planet in the throes of tumult, and given that the great equalizer came in pledging to transform America, he has subsequently weighed anchor on the US ship of state. The new America is being blown about by the same unrest we see across the globe and he's cheering it on. I could never understand the rabid zeal shown by Obama supporters for change. We were number one in the world and no nation doubted that fact, much less our own people. Who else could ever step up and fill the role we did as recently as the George W era? The subtle horror of leaving the path is the failure to recognize it until it is too late to recover. And friend, we are off the path.

The case can be made that we Americans have lost the moral authority to lead due to having turned our backs on our Christian heritage but, I will not belabor that point again here. Liberals believe that if they pronounce their ideological goals as the truth, the people will buy into it like lemmings. To me, the nexus for their successes along those lines has been largely due to the media, who have used Hollywood caliber production to make it seem that Dems can do no wrong while simultaneously making it seem that Republicans can do no right. Voters have been concerned for many reasons, and that is why they gave Dems the heave ho. I hope the message gets through to DC that the voter expects and will not accept anything short of the truth and mutual respect from their elected officials. And, I hope that message includes a return to the moral values of our very recent past.

Republicans, other than RINO's like John McCain, were elected because they stuck by their values, the last thing they need to do is change them. In 2012, the liberals were on here crowing that Republicans would not win another election unless they made a dramatic move to the left. Love that red map!

Ok your wrong!
tvtimeout Wrote:Truth hurts doesn't it. I hate the fact that only 1 out of every three people voted in this last election. I think it is one of the saddest things that could happen to our republic.

I live in a very large county Whitley County close to 40,000 population was, heavy Republican area and about 8,500 people voted. 6,000 for the Republican ticket and 2,500 for the Democrat ticket. That was it. What were the totals in your county?

Almost any time a political party loses an election in the U.S. it is because of a low voter turnout for their party. Once again, you miss my point. The Republicans did not lose this bad in 2012, except the disappointment of not getting the president position and a couple senate seats. This year, the Democrats got spanked in almost every area - from state legislatures, to the senate, and even governor positions in places such as Massachusetts, Illinois, and Maryland. The Republican party is now in one of the strongest positions it has been in a long time. Which leads to the point of my original post, calling out the liberal bias of the media based on the fact that they are using the low voter turnout as an excuse for this major loss while claiming that the Republicans need to change their core values when they lose an election yet maintain their majority in the house and suffer only small losses in other areas.

BTW - Republicans now control 68 state legislatures, will lead the house and senate, and will have over thirty governors. You can thank Obama and the Democratic leadership for that low turnout at the polls (or better yet, misinformed voters that only vote when it's "cool" to vote, every four years) which led to this. Truth hurts, doesn't it?
WideRight05 Wrote:Almost any time a political party loses an election in the U.S. it is because of a low voter turnout for their party. Once again, you miss my point. The Republicans did not lose this bad in 2012, except the disappointment of not getting the president position and a couple senate seats. This year, the Democrats got spanked in almost every area - from state legislatures, to the senate, and even governor positions in places such as Massachusetts, Illinois, and Maryland. The Republican party is now in one of the strongest positions it has been in a long time. Which leads to the point of my original post, calling out the liberal bias of the media based on the fact that they are using the low voter turnout as an excuse for this major loss while claiming that the Republicans need to change their core values when they lose an election yet maintain their majority in the house and suffer only small losses in other areas.

BTW - Republicans now control 68 state legislatures, will lead the house and senate, and will have over thirty governors. You can thank Obama and the Democratic leadership for that low turnout at the polls (or better yet, misinformed voters that only vote when it's "cool" to vote, every four years) which led to this. Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Wonderful opinion. I used a fact about Whitley County Kentucky a republican stronghold and how low the voter turnout was in this county and you respond by... opinion. I can see why only a few people post on these threads. Anyway...

Again in two years, U.S. senate will flip back to Democratic control. Gerrymandering has made it impossible for real opinions to matter. I think you saw the samething in '08. So how many people voted in your county?
tvtimeout Wrote:Wonderful opinion. I used a fact about Whitley County Kentucky a republican stronghold and how low the voter turnout was in this county and you respond by... opinion. I can see why only a few people post on these threads. Anyway...

Again in two years, U.S. senate will flip back to Democratic control. Gerrymandering has made it impossible for real opinions to matter. I think you saw the samething in '08. So how many people voted in your county?

You missed the point of the thread, it's not about the issue of voter turnout in general - I will say this again - this thread is about the bias and bent of the media in trying to blow these huge losses off for the Democratic party as if it's just low voter turnout. Yet, in 2012 when the Republicans lost the president position and had a few small losses, it was because they needed to change their core values more to the left. You dodged the point I made in the previous post about the media's liberal bias.

Nothing personal against you, but I am not disclosing what county I am from.
tvtimeout Wrote:Ok your wrong!

There's really no low bar established for your level of function, but I'll try to make this as simple as I can. First of all, in your attempts to be relevant on here, you make your arguments on grounds which by definition are mutually exclusive. For example, there is no such thing as a liberal Christian. How do I know this? Because the twin abominations of infanticide and homosexuality are clearly the acts of the lost, as set forth in the Scriptures. The Democrat party platform is constructed of some ideological planks bought from the secular humanistic lumber company. I have already called out the two greatest offenders, that being abortion on demand and the so-called gay rights agenda as the preeminent campaign issues for Dems. Therefore, God's people should recognize they need not waste their time trying to lift up Christ while campaigning for those who actively advocate for, and subsequently promise to promote the savagery of abortion on demand and the abomination of homosexuality. And, those who vote to install such monsters to high office will share in their legacy, reaping the whirlwind.

But in addressing a point that you might have some remote chance of grasping. If you think I'm wrong, maybe you can more fully explain why the Dems suffered a trip to the woodshed in November, when they went from a 55-45 seat advantage to a 46-54 disadvantage. That's a 19 seat swing.

tvtimeout Wrote:Wonderful opinion. I used a fact about Whitley County Kentucky a republican stronghold and how low the voter turnout was in this county and you respond by... opinion. I can see why only a few people post on these threads. Anyway...

So, you're saying that there are only 2,500 registered Dems in Whitley Co? Or are you blaming the outcome on gerrymandering? From your post, it's hard to say which. BTW, there is a Democratic majority in the Kentucky legislature, is there not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tvtimeout Wrote:Truth hurts doesn't it. I hate the fact that only 1 out of every three people voted in this last election. I think it is one of the saddest things that could happen to our republic.

Personally, I hate the fact that those who contribute nothing to operating the country (non income tax payers) have a vote. We don't need these low information voters casting votes.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Personally, I hate the fact that those who contribute nothing to operating the country (non income tax payers) have a vote. We don't need these low information voters casting votes.

Doesn't quite seem like voting in the classic sense anyway. More like placing an order in a drive-thru. I mean, in the drive-thru one doesn't need an ID, and gripes if he has to wait for his order.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:There's really no low bar established for your level of function, but I'll try to make this as simple as I can. First of all, in your attempts to be relevant on here, you make your arguments on grounds which by definition are mutually exclusive. For example, there is no such thing as a liberal Christian. How do I know this? Because the twin abominations of infanticide and homosexuality are clearly the acts of the lost, as set forth in the Scriptures. The Democrat party platform is constructed of some ideological planks bought from the secular humanistic lumber company. I have already called out the two greatest offenders, that being abortion on demand and the so-called gay rights agenda as the preeminent campaign issues for Dems. Therefore, God's people should recognize they need not waste their time trying to lift up Christ while campaigning for those who actively advocate for, and subsequently promise to promote the savagery of abortion on demand and the abomination of homosexuality. And, those who vote to install such monsters to high office will share in their legacy, reaping the whirlwind.

But in addressing a point that you might have some remote chance of grasping. If you think I'm wrong, maybe you can more fully explain why the Dems suffered a trip to the woodshed in November, when they went from a 55-45 seat advantage to a 46-54 disadvantage. That's a 19 seat swing.

So, you're saying that there are only 2,500 registered Dems in Whitley Co? Or are you blaming the outcome on gerrymandering? From your post, it's hard to say which. BTW, there is a Democratic majority in the Kentucky legislature, is there not?

There are 7,000 Democrats in Whitley County. 19,000 Republicans. Gerrymandering plays an outcome in the election.
Yes Kentucky's General Assembly is Democratic as well as 7 of the 8 constitutional held seats.

Again, I ask about voter turnout in your county. Was it low? What are the registration numbers in your county?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Personally, I hate the fact that those who contribute nothing to operating the country (non income tax payers) have a vote. We don't need these low information voters casting votes.

Without those people that "do nothing", alot of other folks would not have a job. Remember they consume, that consumption must be met. In Whitley County, that consumption gets met by Wal-Mart. No small businesses but I will continue that thought in "Is the economy improving thread"

However, in stating all of the above. Most educated people tend to vote liberal, and if you are under the theory that education leads to those that contribute to operating the country. I am all about it!
tvtimeout Wrote:There are 7,000 Democrats in Whitley County. 19,000 Republicans. Gerrymandering plays an outcome in the election.
Yes Kentucky's General Assembly is Democratic as well as 7 of the 8 constitutional held seats.

Again, I ask about voter turnout in your county. Was it low? What are the registration numbers in your county?

No matter what I say you won't get the point of this thread - so answer this - since you're defending the Democrats on this issue so much, do you think the Republican losses in 2012 were because of low turnout?

tvtimeout Wrote:Without those people that "do nothing", alot of other folks would not have a job. Remember they consume, that consumption must be met. In Whitley County, that consumption gets met by Wal-Mart. No small businesses but I will continue that thought in "Is the economy improving thread"

However, in stating all of the above. Most educated people tend to vote liberal, and if you are under the theory that education leads to those that contribute to operating the country. I am all about it!

As to your first sentence, you just don't get it man. "Without those people that 'do nothing,' a lot of folks wouldn't have a job." Wow.

Oh, so just because someone possesses those little college degrees that means their opinion automatically trumps somebody who doesn't have one. Which, of course, is a tactic used to dismiss most of what has been said and keep the discussion on more familiar ground. As with so many of your ilk, anything bouncing around in your head might as well be chiseled in granite at the food of some holy mountain.

The assault on traditional values on the laws and constitutional standards of our very recent past, is inexcusable and is led by those who you consider to be sacred, the "educated." You all just walked into some classroom one day in the past and voila, the old light bulb just blinked on! On the grander scale, the wisdom of our forefathers eclipses anything coming out of our institutions of "higher learning." Put another way, it's one thing to read a page of instructions on how to install a transmission in one's car. And, quite another to actually do the work. Why? Because reading up on something (as many of our "educated" do) may serve to make one able to discuss it, but there is no substitute for experience. We have the model that works. We can study and analyze to our heart's content. I advocate for that opinion over academia's bent for redefinition.

Here's the short of it. People make viable arguments about the nature and values upon which our nation is founded. Which, by the way, is healthy and the only way to remind us of who we are and verify we are still on the correct path, and, is the future characteristic of freedom's legitimized process, acted out daily in the congress and duly recorded in the national archives. You dodge pertinent criticisms made against which, you cannot adequately defend.
tvtimeout Wrote:There are 7,000 Democrats in Whitley County. 19,000 Republicans. Gerrymandering plays an outcome in the election.

You're outnumbered 3-1 in Whitley Co. but you still think gerrymandering is responsible for delivering elections into the hands of Republicans? Those Republicans must be some legislators if they can out maneuver the majority Dems and gerrymander districts to their own advantage. :igiveup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tvtimeout Wrote:Without those people that "do nothing", alot of other folks would not have a job. Remember they consume, that consumption must be met. In Whitley County, that consumption gets met by Wal-Mart. No small businesses but I will continue that thought in "Is the economy improving thread"

WideRight05 Wrote:As to your first sentence, you just don't get it man. "Without those people that 'do nothing,' a lot of folks wouldn't have a job." Wow.

tv's post amounts to Keynesian economics as described by a Whitley County Democrat. The idea is that even though welfare recipients are unproductive and do not contribute the first dime toward the operation of this nation, they still consume goods. Therefore they provide gainful employment to others whose character presumably would otherwise not allow to go on welfare. And somehow by virtue of the magic of liberal optimism, it's all good. I suppose if one's powers of self deception are developed enough, he can avoid thinking about the last stop on the Keynesian conveyor belt. That being our national debt which, will top an insurmountable 20 trillion before the nightmare of the Obama era is mercifully over.

The whole idea of Keynesian Economics reminds me of the novel written by Oscar Wilde entitled "The Picture of Dorian Grey". In that novel you may recall that Dorian sold his soul to the Devil. The deal was that rather than his body aging, it would be his oil portrait that would age, thus he would enjoy endless youth. Looking at his portrait grow ever more hideous only brought about great pain however, and in the end it was his undoing. Likewise, no matter how gifted liberals become at self deception, and no matter how adept they become at explaining away the importance of fiscal solvency, it is that mountain of national debt which will be our undoing.

Unlike Dorian Grey, America's future might not be etched in oil, or stone. Possibly Democrats will see the horror looming on the horizon, admit the error of their ways and force accountability from this administration. I don't know which idea is the most far fetched. An alter aging oil portrait, or a repentant Democratic Party.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]