Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry (Late) Christmas
[COLOR="Black"]To my liberal friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2015 but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To everyone else: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

[/COLOR]
^
You just HAD to do that, didn't you???

Confusednicker:

Merry Christmas, my friend!! Happy New Year, too!!
To WR: Is stealing someone else's words, without giving them credit, a very Jesus loving thing to do?
TheRealVille Wrote:To WR: Is stealing someone else's words, without giving them credit, a very Jesus loving thing to do?

You would know since you're the master of doing that. :biglmao:
WideRight05 Wrote:You would know since you're the master of doing that. :biglmao:
I don't plagiarize, like you did above.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't plagiarize, like you did above.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[Image: http://www.safetysign.com/images/catlog/.../K1344.png]
Wide's been posting on BGR for several years now. Since a man's style of writing is usually unique to himself, others can easily recognize his work. I didn't bother to Google the text of his thread starter even though it was obviously not his own work.

So, reading the starter one had two choices. Recognize the humor intended in considering the ridiculous level to which tolerance is observed by the left, or possibly attack Wide personally, as if he intended to present the text as his own work. I liked Granny's reaction and suffered another round of here-we-go-again with regard to RV's.

I got a kick out it, in that though absurd in the extreme, the logic suggested by the author is none the less spot on in real terms, as applicable to the liberal Psyché. I mean after all, how many lawsuits would Americans have to pay for by the ACLU or some other outfit of like origin, which seek to remove nativity scenes from the public square for that to soak in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Wide's been posting on BGR for several years now. Since a man's style of writing is usually unique to himself, others can easily recognize his work. I didn't bother to Google the text of his thread starter even though it was obviously not his own work.

So, reading the starter one had two choices. Recognize the humor intended in considering the ridiculous level to which tolerance is observed by the left, or possibly attack Wide personally, as if he intended to present the text as his own work. I liked Granny's reaction and suffered another round of here-we-go-again with regard to RV's.

I got a kick out it, in that though absurd in the extreme, the logic suggested by the author is none the less spot on in real terms, as applicable to the liberal Psyché. I mean after all, how many lawsuits would Americans have to pay for by the ACLU or some other outfit of like origin, which seek to remove nativity scenes from the public square for that to soak in?

What I posted was something that has floated around the internet for the past four to five years, but unfortunately it wasn't politically correct enough for TRV.

I wanted to post a link to where I found it, but the only credible sites are the NY Times and the Leftington Post.
WideRight05 Wrote:What I posted was something that has floated around the internet for the past four to five years, but unfortunately it wasn't politically correct enough for TRV.

I wanted to post a link to where I found it, but the only credible sites are the NY Times and the Leftington Post.

http://revaustinmiles.com/index.php/more/666
And lest we allow ourselves to be a little hazed with regard to RV's delicate sensitivities, he is certainly not part of the plagiarism police. His intent was to slam you at the personal level, thusly diverting the truth of your intent. Which was to call out the absurdity of tolerance gone amok. Ask yourself this; which would be easier in your mind, try to defend against all that was said by Hal Bray, or slam the messenger?

There are all kinds of ways to plagiarize. Words and writing style for example, are easily recognizable to the one who first authored them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:http://revaustinmiles.com/index.php/more/666
And lest we allow ourselves to be a little hazed with regard to RV's delicate sensitivities, he is certainly not part of the plagiarism police. His intent was to slam you at the personal level, thusly diverting the truth of your intent. Which was to call out the absurdity of tolerance gone amok. Ask yourself this; which would be easier in your mind, try to defend against all that was said by Hal Bray, or slam the messenger?

There are all kinds of ways to plagiarize. Words and writing style for example, are easily recognizable to the one who first authored them.

[Image: http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/...149516.jpg]
TheRealVille Wrote:To WR: Is stealing someone else's words, without giving them credit, a very Jesus loving thing to do?

????"Huh"????
Why in the world would you care what Jesus thinks? I saw nowhere in his post where he took credit for writing it. I can however tell you what Jesus thinks about you.........he loves you despite yourself and your beliefs even though with being human I can't see why! Does that bother you? :biggrin: